Blood of Luclin : impressions so far?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by blackshad, Nov 6, 2019.

1. blackshad New Member

Hey there,
    If you got into the beta, could you share your impressions so far and tell us about the content?
    Are ascensions important? How are the classes? Similar to CD or not? How is the leveling?
    Thx :)
  2. Games'nGhosts Active Member

There is a beta forum of this.
  3. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

And aren't Beta testers under a Non-Disclosure Agreement that prevents them from sharing the information found in the content?

Or does this game not do that anymore, like they did from Faydwere to Velious?
  4. Xianthia Well-Known Member

No NDA for general beta testing.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  5. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

General beta testing must be something they started doing after I left in 2011.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  6. Spectre Active Member

Interesting. In the past all Beta information stayed in beta forums until it went live (I did every beta since 2004 before pre-purchasing guaranteed you a spot). With DBG it may be different now though?
    Cyrrena likes this.
  7. Xianthia Well-Known Member

There hasn't been an nda for a few years now. There may be NDAs for the testing that happens behind closed doors.
    Cyrrena and Siren like this.
  8. Mowse Well-Known Member

Where? I cannot seem to find one. o_O
    Cyrrena, Sigrdrifa and Lateana like this.
  9. kreather Member

Um as a veteran eq1 player, this expansion brings some nostalgic aspects for sure. I mean it's really early so a lot of work to be done. But um my first impression is, the color schemes are kinda drab. sure it's the moon buttttt still... um I was happy to see a lot of familiar zones but they are sooooo tiny. To be fair though the overland zones while fun to explore honestly do not have a lot of replay value, so I get it. But I would have enjoyed a larger " the grey" and "scarlet desert".

I have not checked everything out but seems like they skipped Vex Thal ???? how I mean that was the **** …. I get ssra fell to norrath but VT was still there. I mean who doesn't recall the sigline to get keyed for VT ? Still it's early so we shall see. but I was able to complete pretty much all the quests in like 2-3 days.

The deep, the acyrlia caverns, gregs end ahhh well it does bring back fond memories. Its not bad, eq1 was so amazing its tough to live up to.

But come on.... add in Vex Thal with a brutal key quest! lol
  10. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

If they exist, they must be by invitation only :(
  11. Mowse Well-Known Member

Found beta forum link in News and Announcements....the one titled beta has begun
    Cyrrena and Siren like this.
  12. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

The landscape is striking. There's no map yet, so I find it really difficult to navigate. But having fun exploring Luclin.

Pro Tip: Make sure you are not in your crafting gear when you go out to slay monsters on Luclin. No, don't ask how I know that.
    Pixistik, Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  13. KingDragon Active Member

The visuals are really great on the eyes. Quite a few models have gotten sexier. Landscapes are very colorful and I don't mind spending hours just standing there looking. So far any zone with a sea/ocean, makes it feel like it. I'm not particularly fond (yet) of some of the "merged" zones, it's just what EQ2 does to the old separate EQ1 zones, mentally I still expect a zoneline for each.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  14. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

It say s I do not have permission to view it, even though I am in Beta. So invitation only?
    Breanna likes this.
  15. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

No invitation necessary - the beta forums are found at the bottom of the main forum page, under the Support Forum. I am not in beta and can both see the forum and the posts - see here.
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  16. blackshad New Member

Thx for info !
    how is the leveling experience?
    Is it similar to CD?
    I mean... Mobs with gazillions hp that you can barely hit before getting better gear because of one needed stat to do any damage?
    Ascension classes very important to do damage?
    Lots of Daily quests zones that you need to farm to access raids?
    stuff like that...
    Carynn likes this.
  17. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

Home Forums >
    EverQuest 2 Forums - Error
    You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.

So I submitted a support ticket, but there is no category that fits this issue, which will probably mean it won't be taken care of anytime soon :(
  18. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

Wow, that's really weird - I can see them, but don't have beta?
  19. Drona Well-Known Member

One of the dev said that Vex Thal is coming in next expansion. So we will be staying on the moon for at least 2 expansions.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  20. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

Try sending a PM to Dreamweaver - he looks after the forums so may be able to help directly.