Cordan, Anbeal, & Trorsmang

Discussion in 'History and Lore 2' started by Cusashorn, Oct 28, 2019.

1. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

With adventurers returning to Luclin after all these years, I must wonder if the devs in charge of the lore for both EverQuest and EQ2 even considered this to still be canon.

A little backstory.

In EverQuest, the Monk epic questline gave the player a book that mentioned the celestial bodies of Norrath. Drinal - named after the God of Death & Rebirth - is the lifeless moon we see in the sky every night. Luclin, named after the Goddess of Shadows, claimed that moon for herself when the gods were still arriving on Norrath and deciding how to inhabit it. She shrouded the moon's existence from Norrath, save for specific days in its cycle.

However, the monk epic quest details the existence of three more moons, named Anbeal, Cordan, and Trorsmang. All 5 moons were visible from the Plane of Sky, and sometimes they were seen all throughout Norrath, particularly during GM events such as the build-up to the Shadows of Luclin release.

From a technical aspect, EQ used to have a structured sky system. Drinal always cycled north to South at night, Ro (the sun) moved east to west, and clouds always moved west to east iirc. Sometime after Jaggedpine Forest was added into the game, the game upgraded to a new DirectX version, which allowed the revs to revamp the sky system with a bit more realistic textures. Sadly, this also removed Luclin, Trorsmang, Anbeal, and Cordan from ever being seen again, and there was never any further mention of those 3 other moons acknowledged in the game's lore anytime after... at least as far as until I stopped playing EQ when EQ2 came out in 2004.

I wonder if this was a scrapped story idea?
    Cyrrena likes this.
  2. Dragan Active Member

I'll have to look up that book and review it myself. Most likely in my first big house.

Things I've been wondering, Will we see the Vah Shir, will they be their own playable race or reused Kerra Assets? They always seemed to me to be like barbarians compared to humans...hard to put into words Humans/Barbarians=Kerra/Vah Shir???

I wonder what the Bazaar will be like in Blood of Luclin, since we have Brokers, will there be selling other items or will it be a dungeon where you fight Undead EQ1 Bazaar "Mules" :D

Most of Luclin in EQ1 I was never able to see since I was too low of level, but I remember the caves with the Crud!
    Cyrrena likes this.
  3. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

Immortals

The immortals who can be
    spoken of are not the eternal
    immortals.
    Their spoken names are not
    their eternal names.
    In namelessness they are the
    beginning of heaven and
    earth.
    Named they are one with the
    ten thousand things. Though different in title
    they spring from one source
    and appear as darkness.
    Darkness within darkness.
    The gate to their mystery.

The immortals do not go forth
    All comes to them.
    They are like the ocean, the
    king of ten thousand streams.
    By staying beneath they are a
    receptacle for all things.

They do nothing.
    Yet are masters of the
    universe.

Trorsmang! Be our course of
    action.
    Anbeal! Become the vessel to
    hold our virtue.
    Drinal! Be our stability,
    where we can take root.
    Cordan! Fill our vessel and
    calm our ambitions. Norrath! Take our husks and
    breathe life into them.
    We beseech you!
    Guide us in your humility.
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  4. Tock Member

According to all the info I could find, these other celestial bodies are not moons of Norrath, but other planets in the Ro system.

But none of the pages I looked at could reference what in-game sources spelled this out.
    Cyrrena, Cusashorn and Breanna like this.
  5. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

I suppose that's possible. The observatory in Maj'Dul has 3 other planets revolving around Ro, while Norrath only has Luclin and Drinal.

I just kinda wish there was some official confirmation one way or another.
    Breanna and Cyrrena like this.