Population Questions

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Mystx, Oct 16, 2019.

1. Mystx New Member

Getting a feel for where the game is at now and have a few questions.

Is most of the population now on the TLE servers? I got on F2P on standard and in an hour you may see 3 comments lfg for raid in general.

If the answer is yes, how is the population split between TLE? I understand Kaladim is the newest? How far along are the others?

Thank you.
  2. Xulos Member

There's just Kaladim as far as a long-running TLE. The PvP server resets monthly. Kaladim is on Desert of Flames and Kingdom of Sky comes out at the end of the month.

The population is pretty good on Kaladim. I am in a guild of 30-40 active players and there's several more of them on the server plus a decent amount of groups that I see around. Population seems pretty good to me. I'm having a great time over there.
    Rosyposy and Cyrrena like this.
  3. Tominator Member

I started a Ruins of Varsoon group with my bruiser yesterday, it filled in about 10 minutes. Started a SH group with my assassin after that, that also filled quickly, except for tank. Finished the night on my healer in a Silent City group.

It’s not a huge population by any measure, but you should be able to get a group across tiers during peak hours pretty easily.
    Siren and Cyrrena like this.
  4. Dude Well-Known Member

Most of the population is not on Kaladim, the only TLE server. It does, however have a strong population.

Depending upon your time and type of play, the live servers are very populated. AB has the most RPers and decorators. MajDul and HoF have solid raiding populations. Thurgadin is the EU server. Log in. See how active the server is during the time you play most.
    Sigrdrifa, Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  5. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

As a FtP you are limited to the Live Servers. To play on IoR which is the free trade server which has a very low population, Kaladim the PvE TLE server which has a high population, or Nagafen the PvP TLE server, you must have a subscription.
  6. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

I'm doubtful there are more than 3k active accounts on kaladim at the moment, and would bet that at least 500 of those are bots/ alt accounts.

It's not dead, but it's also not incredibly populated. That's what typically happens when two TLE's worth of feedback, that DoF isn't worth having longer than a month; is completely ignored.
  7. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

Holly said in her interview that there are now almost as many people playing on Kaladim as on live servers .
  8. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

Not quite, Holly said that as many people were playing EQ1 progressions servers as EQ1 live. I often get the impression that Daybreak, and Holly in particular, cares more about EQ1 than 2.
  9. Zenji Well-Known Member

If that was true, which I don't think it is. It would have been referring to Kaladim at launch, not how it is now. I would be willing to take a guess and say more than half the people that started on Kaladim have left by now.
  10. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

Ok Mighty I guess I got that one wrong , so Zenjl , I guess that was wishful thinking MightyMeaghan said Holly was referring to EQ1. they had TLE servers on EQ1 a lot longer than on EQ2 I guess they just got the whole thing down and working there and they still have to figure it out on EQ2.

I do look every now and than on the home page how manny people play on the different servers and Kaladim and Maj'Dul are often medium load wile the others are low.
    Siren, Cyrrena and Rosyposy like this.
  11. Zenji Well-Known Member

I think the EQ TLPs have been received a little better, because they are more of an authentic EQ experience. Where as the EQ2 TLEs are more like live versions of the game with some stuff turned off.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  12. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

heck for somebody like me who came in late to the game it's good enough , I get to group and run those quests with other people not just a merc.
  13. Siren Well-Known Member

Honestly, I like it better this way, too. A lot of the launch stuff (sharing XP debt across the whole team whenever one member dies, everything having weight, being forced to craft way too many grey subcombines just to make one thing, and having to slog through 19 levels of being a generic fighter, mage, priest or scout before getting your final class, etc.) just plain sucked, and I'm glad that stuff was changed early on.

There, I said it! :D

Most of the stuff that's left now is better, and combined with tougher mobs and slower XP, this makes the TLs a better experience. Plus, you avoid all that pay-to-win endgame junk.
    Cyrrena and Schmetterling like this.
  14. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

tell them about it Siren :):D :p
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  15. Zenji Well-Known Member

There is a lot more to the more authentic EQ2 than the handful of negatives Siren listed. Which I would gladly do if it meant the original stats and items. Original combat rules (mitigation, defense, resistances). I would love it if they chose a patch in EQ2 vanilla and launched a TLE with those rules. You know like a real vanilla experience?
    Bekkr and Cyrrena like this.
  16. Lexxah Member

Tougher Mobs? Nope. Thanks to things like 10% Reuse, and 2% Fervor, nothing is 'tough'- up to and including raid mobs

Slower XP? Are you serious? It took a *day* to hit 50. It took 3 hours to hit 60.
  17. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

yea I know Zenji it would be interesting I totaly mean that , but we have been repeatedly told it won't happen so no use dreaming about that kind of thing :(
    Breanna likes this.
  18. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I liked a lot of the stuff you didn't like, it is what made each class unique. You had to dedicate yourself in one direction.
    Breanna and Schmetterling like this.
  19. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

yea that's true too Cyrrena , I think it was taken out because people are lazy , and now when you have 120 levels before you
    it's just not what people want to do
    But it can not be helped
    I feel like a rubber band women being pulled this way and that way .
  20. Siren Well-Known Member

I feel like I am instantly immersed in my class right from the get-go when it immediately has its own Shadowknight spells, or Mystic spells, etc. I felt being forced to be a clone for 19 levels with the same few boring clone spells over and over was the opposite of making each class unique. You had to make that same slog over and over just to try a different class like a crowd controller, to see if you'd even like it.

I did, however, perversely like that a crafting table could one-shot you. It was so funny! I wound up with an awful lot of fighter Barbarian crafters in those days.... ;)