Broken Mirrors quest

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Leloes, Oct 17, 2019.

1. Leloes Well-Known Member

I'm in the haunted house trying to defeat the furious spirit but not having any luck. I clicked on the dagger and got that it was the correct one to click on to give her damage but she still won't go down. I checked wiki it says the bottles are supposed to be clickable but they aren't................so what am I doing wrong?:(:confused:
    Soara2 likes this.
  2. exeq2player Member

Just happened to me, I zoned out zoned back in, redid the quest and it worked.
    Soara2 likes this.
  3. Leloes Well-Known Member

I've tried leaving the house and then re-attempting it but had no luck. Not sure what the problem is..
    Soara2 likes this.
  4. Carynn Well-Known Member

It should be all five items you have to click, going from room to room while she's fighting you, and have to hit her in between, until she locks herself in the bar and you'll see labels on the bottles that you can now destroy. She does not go down fast at all. You have to follow the wikia to a Tee to be able to do it. It is an irritating quest. One I won't ever repeat.
    Leloes, Soara2 and Breanna like this.
  5. Neranya Member

Once she appears you engage her but you can't damage her. You wait for her emotes and based on what she says you run to the item and click on it. If you click on the wrong item you take a lot of damage. If you click on the right item you have to stay inside the room (you can't leave) and then you can fight her and slowly reduce her health. Once it gets low enough you get the next emote. Run to the appropriate item, click, rinse and repeat. Good idea to bring some health regen and power regen potions just in case. She will be following and attacking you the whole time.

Once you've clicked on all five items and beat her down enough she will disappear and return to the bar. Go to the bar and you will see the many bottles are now targetable. Keep breaking them and eventually she will be driven away and the original forlorn spirit takes her place, and that's it. You don't need to engage her while breaking the bottles. Good luck!
    Leloes, Soara2, Breanna and 1 other person like this.
  6. Leloes Well-Known Member

I did click on all the items and then I tried to fight her but to no avail.

The only thing she did when I went in the haunted house was stay in the room she was first in. I went around and clicked all the items then she attacked me....but was not able to click bottles. I'll give it another try and see what happens.
    Soara2 likes this.
  7. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

You have to make sure that you are clicking the correct item for the emote that she said. I would have the wiki available so that when you read the emote, you can look at the wiki and see which item you are supposed to click on. You cannot just click on all 5 items and have them count as completed, it is very specific in which item is clicked at which time.

When you get to the bar and have to break the bottles, you must make sure that you break every single bottle in the bar.
    Leloes, Soara2 and Breanna like this.
  8. Leloes Well-Known Member

That's the whole problem....she never said anything!:confused:
    Soara2 likes this.
  9. Leloes Well-Known Member

I desperately need to get a notebook so I can write things down. Makes it easier to remember things.
    Soara2 likes this.
  10. Leloes Well-Known Member

Where do I get health and power regeneration from?
    Soara2 likes this.
  11. Carynn Well-Known Member

She says it in your chat window, not out loud, and you don't get to the bottles until after you click all five items again. So you click the five in order, find her and smack her around a little. Then she says something in the chat window. Then you go find the item she said according to the wikia (one of the five items you clicked before). The chat window will then say you clicked the correct thing. Then you hit. Then she 'speaks'. Then you find a different one of the items you clicked before and click again. And so on, and so forth. Eventually, she will vanish and appear in the bar, and only then will the bottles become clickable.

Health and power regen are from food, clickies, totems, potions, manastone HQ, gear, spells, etc.
    Leloes, Breanna and Soara2 like this.
  12. Neranya Member

This is how I did the quest. I have 2 monitors so I had the quest up in a browser so I could read it.
    I entered the mansion and went to each room (including the bar; the bottles were not targetable at that point) and killed any mobs I saw (this way I didn't have to deal with them later). They didn't respawn. Then I went to each room per the guide and clicked on the five items.
    Once I got the 5th item, I went down to the bar and the angry forlorn spirit was there. I engaged her but was not able to damage her. I kept fighting and after a short time I saw a message/emote in my text window. I ran to the room that contains the first item her emote related to and clicked on it. She was following and attacking me the entire time. Once I clicked on the item I was sealed in that room but I was able to damage to her. When her health went down enough she spoke / emoted again and the barrier keeping me in the room dropped. I ran to the next room that contained the second item her new emote referenced and clicked on the item. Again, I was sealed in the room and I engaged her until I got the 3rd emote. Rinse and repeat for 4th and 5th emote / item.
    After I clicked on the 5th item and took her health down some more she disappeared (went back to the bar).

At that point I went to the bar and then the various bottles were targetable. I started destroying the bottles, and I think there were maybe 2 or 3 left when the malevolent spirit goes away (defeated) and you can then speak to the original spirit.

The first time I tried it with my Bruiser I wasn't reading the quest guide on my browser. I couldn't figure out why I couldn't damage the spirit and when my health got too low I used my Feign Death ability. That basically resets the quest and you have to start from scratch. That's why its a good idea to have some health / power regen potions just in case.
    Leloes likes this.
  13. Leloes Well-Known Member

I have her attacking my pet and then when she kills it I bring him back and repeat. Like I said she said nothing.....not even in the chat channel. I'll give it another try as soon as I possibly can. I'm going to have to get a spiral notebook so I can write down the quest steps.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  14. Neranya Member

In one of my chat channels under 'Chat Text / Nearby Chat' I have 'Narrative' and 'NPCSay' turned on so I can read what her emotes are. Wasn't sure which one was for her emotes so I turned both on. If yours are not on that could be why you are not seeing her chat. Not sure.
    Also, it MAY be possible that when you bring your pet back after she kills it, it resets everything. I'm not sure.
  15. Leloes Well-Known Member

I don't think bringing my pet back has any effect. Like I said I'll give all you suggested a try when I'm back in the game. Not sure why I'm not seeing what she says.......just possibly it'll all be better my next try.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  16. Carynn Well-Known Member

I will cross my fingers for you. I did want to say, I killed off my pet and whaled on her with spells instead. The pet was keeping her occupied elsewhere, instead of the room I was in where I had to click the thing. She never went down in hitpoints with the pet. You may find the same thing.
    Leloes and Breanna like this.
  17. Leloes Well-Known Member

I appreciate all the help you've offered and I'll remember about the pet. Who knows maybe that will make the difference for me.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  18. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

I just completed this quest. It's very fun once you figure out the puzzle boss. You need to wait for her to give the dialogue cue to click the next corresponding item. When you click all 5, you go into the dining area and destroy almost all the trapped spirits. Her attacks are directly based on line of sight, so you can jump behind the bar countertop and destroy most of the bottles without her being able to hit you back. This also lets you just wait out the fight to regenerate power or health if you need. Just keep destroying the trapped spirit bottles and they damage her.
    Cyrrena and Leloes like this.
  19. Leloes Well-Known Member

Thanks, I appreciate your help.
    Cyrrena and Cusashorn like this.