Holly Longdale Interview

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Dude, Oct 16, 2019.

1. Dude Well-Known Member

Ellphaba, Kasa, Rosyposy and 7 others like this.
  2. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

Fading was great to have visit as well!
    Kasa, Rosyposy, Koren and 5 others like this.
  3. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Great interview. Now my curiosity is peaked and Ttobey will have a new project!!!
  4. Siren Well-Known Member

Terrific article, thanks for bringing it to our attention, Dude! :cool:
    Rosyposy, Koren, Dude and 1 other person like this.
  5. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

But...he just finished the last one... ;)
    Juraiya, Siren, Rosyposy and 6 others like this.
  6. Naneel Member

That was fantastic! Thank you all for being here since 1999. I still remember getting the beta CD for EQ and buying a Diamond Monster 3D card just to play it. :)
    Rosyposy, Cyrrena, Koren and 2 others like this.
  7. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

ttobey should take you of his list dreamweaver , your number 26.
    Rosyposy, Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  8. Mountbatten Well-Known Member

Hmm, new server huh. I can't imagine it will be just another vanilla Live server, but it doesn't sound like it'll be a TLP server, and they've already done a free-trade one, so I am assuming it's either a PvP server, or they've got something else up their sleeve entirely.
    Siren and Dude like this.
  9. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

The said something about it being a TLE that starts at a higher level or something. I can hunt around for the post.
    Siren, Dude, Rosyposy and 1 other person like this.
  10. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

This was addressed in the last producer's letter posted here on August 21, 2019:

The team is also planning to launch a new server for the anniversary which will have a unique rule-set. Hints? Start as a Heroic Character with all content unlocked up to the Chaos Descending expansion and live server (normal) experience rates!

We’ll be announcing more details as we get closer to November!
    Juraiya, Dude, Cyrrena and 2 others like this.
  11. Mountbatten Well-Known Member

Oh, that makes sense. Guess we'll find out soon enough. I'm hoping it isn't just going to be Isle of Refuge 2.0.
    Juraiya and Cyrrena like this.
  12. Avithax Well-Known Member

Who is this Holly person?
    Cyrrena likes this.
  13. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

We do not hear from Holly as much as we used to, she must be very busy.
    Juraiya, Breanna and Rosyposy like this.
  14. Siren Well-Known Member

I hope this new server isn't a "start at level 110 in Chaos Descending content" server. Practically its sole purpose at that point would be to sell the new expansion, plus push people all the faster into that whole bolted-on, pay-to-win Acendancy/spell research/leveling mounts and mercs thing that I avoid like the plague by playing on the TLs. :confused:

*ducks*

PS/ Okay, Dreamweaver just posted the new Producer's Letter two minutes after I posted this. So you can *choose* to start at level 90; at least it's not 110, and it sounds optional, so we can still roll level 1s if we want to instead. Here's the link:

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...xpansion-anniversary-and-a-new-server.590845/

New “Rivervale” Server Launch on November 5

We wanted to kick off our anniversary celebrations with a new server! Be part of a new community on a new “live” server. It’s been a LONG time since we’ve added a new one.
    No gated content. Plus, you can choose to start as a heroic character at level 90 in Phantom Seas (released in 2014’s Altar of Malice expansion). All it requires is a membership to play!
  15. dirgenoobforreal Well-Known Member

That there's some hard-hitting journalism...

I appreciate the effort but this isnt an interview. This is microphone holding.

Are we allowed to say that or is a ban incoming now?
  16. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

I mean, I won't be banning you for it. But it is a little rude.
    Cyrrena, Xevran, Siren and 3 others like this.
  17. Fading Illusion Active Member

I

But, we didn't hold microphones at all for that interview! =)

(The devs did during theirs, but that's because I had 4-5 at a time, and I wanted to ensure proper audio).

However, what would you recommend to make it better? I'd love to hear your take.

Thanks to everyone for the nice comments. The EQ2 interview will be on the next episode as it should focus around the EQ2 anniversary.

Thanks
    Fading
    Cyrrena, Ellphaba, Dude and 5 others like this.
  18. Hartay Keeper of the Server Hamsters

does this mean people could roll a 90, go to lower level zones and get all the discos :I
    Cyrrena, Breanna and Rosyposy like this.
  19. Gillymann Abusive Relationships Aren't Healthy. J S.

It was nice of you to produce the interview - both for us and for DBG.

Lots of good information :)

I would like to offer one observation - the interview struck me as a bit patronizing. It would have been a bit more believable if you had challenged a few of her assertions, maybe dug a little bit beyond her spinnish/marketingish responses.

Other than that, I thought it was well done, and am hopeful that the game lives up to what Longdale claims she wants for us. If it does, we all win :)
    Mizgamer62, Juraiya, Rosyposy and 4 others like this.
  20. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

To me, it seemed like there was a lot of talk, but nothing was said...