Failed To Create Zone, Stuck Character

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Krizani, Oct 1, 2019.

1. Krizani Active Member

I am attempting to zone into Chelsith Vault of Omens (solo) with my merc, like I've done with 3 other characters.

The game shuts down with an unrecoverable error saying it can't create the zone and to do a full file check from the launcher.

I did the check, tried to log in to that character, it crashed, same error.

I logged on to another character, tried to camp to the stuck one and got the same crash.

Can anyone help?
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Breta Well-Known Member

I have the exactly same problem. Full check did't help obviously.
  3. Twofeets Active Member

Same here...
  4. Emaskar New Member

Same issue, also. I validated the assets and no changed. I did notice the patcher removed two fonts. This may be the issue for the crash. The Dev team will have to fix it. Also, I logged into a different character on the account which was not in the same zone, and everything was fine. Drop a ticket to see if the character can be moved out of zone or just switch to a different character and avoid the zone until a fix is made.
  5. Descord Member

same issue happened to me zoning into Chelsith Vault of Omens (solo) that happend to Krizani
  6. Korochun Member

i have the same problem, cant get in the Chelsith Vault of Omens (solo), game crashes every time and my character is stuck there
  7. Minimme Member

8. Beee Well-Known Member

9. Krizani Active Member

I just submitted a ticket - hopefully this will be resolved quickly, as it usually is.
  10. Bunji Developer

Looking into this zone
  11. Krizani Active Member

Thank you! I just logged on to my character and she had popped back out to Jarsath. Didn't try to zone in again, though.

Updated to add: I already heard from those speedy CS folks that my toon is now in a safe place. I think I'll wait on trying to zone in again until I hear more.
  12. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

I would caution zoning in for a little while, while we are still investigating the issue.
  13. Bunji Developer

Missing file added to US patcher (full download). Working on EU.
  14. Descord Member

Thank you very much character is untsuck . I entered the Deep Chelsith vault of Omens (solo) and its working fine .Really appreciate the quick action taken on fixiing this . Amazing ! :D
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Cyrrena like this.
  15. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Thank you Dreamweaver and Bunji for jumping on this issue so quickly!!
  16. Bunji Developer

EU has been updated as well.
  17. Neranya Member

Just for info:
    Recently I had a problem with the game getting a Fatal Error when I tried to logon a character in Kunzar Jungle. Other characters logged in to their zones no problem. I moved the UI files for the one character to another folder, restarted EQ, and that let me logon that character. The UI's were all reset to basics, of course, so I just used a UI from another character to set everything back. In that case I'm sure it was just a case of a corrupted UI file.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Rosyposy like this.
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Just got my beloved Original Default Blue UI back a couple of days ago; played toons going to Nek for the Hedge Maze, no problem; tried to Fast Map from Qeynos to Nektulos with another toon for the Maze, got Ye Olde Warninge:

EverQuest II has detected an unrecoverable error and must shutdown.

<verify> G:\live\eq2\game\Client\src\GameScene.cpp (5586):
    Failed to create zone. Suggestion: Please do a full scan from the patcher.
    0020dd82 002dc6b5

So, apparently it still rears its ugly head. :-/

Uwk
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.