Nights of the Dead 2019 - Feedback and Bugs

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Sep 19, 2019.

1. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

In the "An Abandoned Mansion" house, my gathering snail has the same problem as in PQ zones, it turns gigantic (that is taller than me and I'm an erudite at max size)
    My pet illusion doesn't work either.

[IMG]

Now if only I had a pan big enough to cook it!
    Katz, Cyrrena, Breanna and 3 others like this.
  2. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Wow, that's a large serving of escargot!
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

It's got nothing to fear from me; I'm deathly allergic to all the Mollusca phylum (been in hospitals before :-/).

Uwk
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  4. Test Taffies Active Member

Love the Blocks recipe. THANK YOU!!!!
  5. Test Taffies Active Member

Then perhaps for next year a change could be made to the vials themselves? Maybe an individual one?
  6. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Man I would be hacking that thing up and getting rid of it. *shudders and runs for the box of sea salt*
  7. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

Well,.. considering at THAT scale, the snail's teeth would be quite formidable,... takes the term "nibbling your bum" to a terrifying level,...
    [IMG]
    source: https://nhm.org/stories/microscopic-look-snail-jaws
  8. Breanna Well-Known Member

9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Ah, yes! It's a radula close-up. ;->

Most Mollusca have them, including cephalopods (their "beaks"). ;->

As if that close-up wasn't bad enough, consider: most radulae actively spin when they're working. ;->

Uwk
  10. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Nice radula! I wonder if I could use my giant snail to torture halflings and such... *ponders*
    I'll probably eat it first anyway!

Same happens with the poney itself, so it's tied to the spell and not to the actual appearance. I wonder if there's a "cancel appearance buff" in the house that could turn off pet illusions and turn off size on the harvesting pets (as the models are way bigger and they seem to revert to default size).

On another note, there's a bat in Splitpaw that is very very close to the ceiling around 13.9, -58.18, -116.04 and sometimes enter in it. I missed it several times on Yavannamire (I ran below without seeing it), she was in the wall for Nyarro and I got the "can't see target" on Elerrina when I tried to kill it (as by now I knew were it was). You might want to make the bat flutter a little more downwards.
    Bat at -34, -64, -127 is also very well hidden (but I found her on my way out, so it seems you can miss a bat and still open the portals.

On Elerrina, I managed to reach Nekrasov without triggering the first update, so I'm still supposed to "Explore the Crypts" (having killed everything)

Edit: I finally understood what gives the update, it's the bags and shovel at -83, -67, -56. You might want to enlarge a bit the hitbox of the trigger point or add particles or something more "bright and shiny" to the mix as it took me 5 tries to understand what gave me the update! There are candles but as I usually run in high or very high perf (2 box on an old computer and temperature was high until not long ago so I had to limit over-heating), they show only when I'm up close and they don't seem to have a light (even if the top is white while bottom is grey, which is odd when thinking of it). I don't see them much better in balanced anyway.
    Edit of the edit: I asked in Test channel and nobody new it was bags that gave the update, everybody thought it was just "running around in the first room"
  11. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

I was redoing the Haunted Mansion. Could it be possible, next year, to get the swarm of beetles/cockroaches we see on the skeletons of the kids as a house item?
    This would be nice in graveyards.
    Katz, Kaitheel, Cyrrena and 3 others like this.
  12. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Just a note: my qeynos opera house is published with the house items (NotD 2019, Medium Homes, please don't vote for it, it's easier to find when it stays in medium)
  13. Carynn Well-Known Member

So will this include the coin cost costumes on live, or be limited to the cat/goblin/zorro face mask like on FG? Free the costumes! (And the shinies! - whoops, wrong thread. ;) )
  14. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Agreed! I was one of the ones that didn't realize, what, exactly, triggered the update, so on my most recent run-through I got all the way to the corpse without the update, and had to backtrack and run all over (thinking I had missed something to kill). Adding some sparkle or such would likely be a "good thing". :D
  15. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

hehehe
    Plural isn't the only problem, heh? *snickers*

(don't mind me, I'm not a nice lady! Everyone will tell you so!)
  16. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Thieving Hardy can spawn more than once for the same person. Is that because I hadn't actually clicked on the item in inventory and accepted the quest, or is he just special and wants to be out and about as often as he can? :D
  17. Kasa Well-Known Member

I don't know if this is working as intended but here are some numbers on Chaos Descending Solo zones for the
    "Nights of the Dead treats" (Candies).

Eryslai: The Bixel Hive (Solo) Candy = 2 Gum Balls
    Eryslai: Trails of Air (Solo) Candy = 0
    Vegarlson: The Terrene Rift (Solo) Candy = 0
    Awuidor: The Veiled Precipice (Solo) Candy = 0
    Doomfire: The Enkindled Towers (Solo) Candy = 3 Gum Balls
    Doomfire:Elements of Rage (Solo) Candy = 0
    Doomfire: Vengeance of Ro (Solo) Candy = 0

Those numbers reflex no extra fighting beyond what it takes to get to the names and finish the zone. I will work on getting more numbers.
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

He's special. I've gotten him, gotten the bone he's carrying (not done the quest, though; that might have an effect), and gotten him AGAIN at least 2-3 times with the same toon, before getting to the "You've dug up 25 graves! Congrats! :D" achievement. :-/

Uwk
  19. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Most recently, I've gotten Hardy SIX TIMES, the first+5, or greater than 1 in 5 chances (or 6 out of 25 tries "wasted"). :-/

Maybe if I get the quest, then delete it or just not do it during NotD, he'll leave me the hell alone... :-/

Uwk
  20. Kaitheel Developer

You are correct. If the quest is in your active journal and it can't be repeated yet, he won't spawn for you. if you have the item in your inventory but you haven't accepted the quest, he can show up for you over and over again.

~ Kaitheel