Sharpen thy wits and prepare thyselves! Mythic Passage begins soon!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, Sep 5, 2019.

1. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

Yeah, ratongas really just have big duck feet and walk on the balls of their feet with a slight knee bend.
    Cyrrena and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  2. LDEffectsMe Active Member

I get that a lot of people dig the Kerrans, and I wouldn't want them removed from EQ2, because that's somebody's favorite Race. For me personally though, I played a Vah Shir main in EverQuest for years. Each time I attempted to come over to EQ2 and actually make some progress, it was hard to find a character I could relate to because my choice noble cheetah Race had been replaced with a mangy looking alley cat Race.

In my opinion, the Kerrans are much too thin and Vah Shir were like feline Barbarians.... Muscled and strong. I couldn't identify with playing a Kerran personally, but loved my time as a Vah Shir. (Am actually looking forward to Mangler server on EQ1 unlocking Shadows of Luclin next month so I can make another one.) But yes, Uwkete is awesome and I wouldn't dream of a Norrath without him and his scrawny kin. :p

If EQ2 would add Vah Shir as a playable Race, that would be enough draw to get me to come over and actually be able to stick with a character and level up to the end game. They're the only original EQ1 Race that didn't get to come over.
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hmm! Back in the day of pen-n-paper EQ1, I'd always gotten the opposite idea: that the Vah Shir were the civilized (enough to have a space program, or at least to catch a ride on Erudite or Gnome ships or methods), sophisticated, city-dwelling kitties, and that the Kerra on the ground were the barbarians (lower case ;->), essentially (when buddies of mine were trying to convince me to play EQ2, they said they did have cat people... "The Kerra, which are the more barbaric cousins of the Vah Shir" was how they described them).

But considering I've only ever played one dark elf in computer-based EQ1 before getting fed up with it entirely and a Vah Shir Beastlord in pen-n-paper (which, while graced with awesome artwork in the books, isn't the same, let's face it ;->), I couldn't tell ya reliably. :)

Uwk
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  4. LDEffectsMe Active Member

I believe the confusion here is that you're using the term "barbarians" to describe barbaric cat people. I'm using "Barbarians" to describe the actual Barbarian Race in EverQuest. The Vah Shir were bigger muscled and built like Barbarians, the Race.

As far as living situations, you're right. The Vah Shir lived in a beautiful city called Shar Vahl. The Kerrans live in dirty tents and get hunted by lowbies for XP. :eek:
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Nope! They're all up in the Sundered Frontier, apparently. ;->

Uwk
    who wonders: how did they get down to the usual cities as lowbee PCs... o_O
    Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  6. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

*gasps*

I have never hunted a Kerran for any reason!!! *hugs my Uwkete*
    Geroblue and Breanna like this.