Low FPS question;

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Davlamon, Sep 16, 2019.

1. Davlamon New Member

Hi all,

I’m a returning player to EQ2, recently purchased the latest expansion.

I am currently using a brand new Lenovo Legion Y740 9th gen i7, 32GB, 1TB+ 512GB with an 8GB Nvidia RTX graphics card.
    Not sure why it’s running at like 12-15 FPS..

Is this because I don’t have the game downloaded or am I missing something with my settings here?

Apologies if this is quite obvious but honestly I’m not great with tech, I was assuming a 9th gen i7 with 32GB ram and the latest Nvidia graphics card should be fairly comfortable in running this at a decent rate.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
    Soara2 likes this.
  2. Beee Well-Known Member

If you are using a custom ui there are some big framecutter in the spell monitoring. So update the UI (or switch to Default UI) and a lot of problems will vanish
    Soara2 and Cyrrena like this.
  3. Dude Well-Known Member

If by not downloaded, you mean that you are streaming, then yes, you need to download the full game. It improves performance significantly.
    Breanna, Soara2, Davlamon and 3 others like this.
  4. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Like Dude said, the streaming client stinks. Go to the hammer and wrench icon on the left side of the launchpad and download the full version.
    Breanna, Soara2, Dude and 1 other person like this.
  5. Leloes Well-Known Member

I can attest to fact that streaming sucks....but be prepared for the full install to take a while....
  6. Davlamon New Member

I appreciate the help guys, I've got the full game downloading and will check the difference later tonight.

Thanks a lot!
    Beee, Cyrrena, Leloes and 3 others like this.