New prelude quest ( fuel )

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by olleran, Sep 6, 2019.

1. olleran Active Member

Firstly let me say thank you for this quest , but i have a major issue which will stop me from repeating it on my other tradeskillers. That is the way fuel is obtained for the combines.

218 fuel is required to complete the combines , but the *nodes * only give 2 each , and for me only a maximum of 2 were up at any one time. It took me nearly 90 mins just to get the fuel for the combines.

Would it be possible for a dev to look at this as i am sure for a number of players it will just be a frustrating experience
  2. Zartayn Member

Totally agree.... im fine with gathering fuel, like in Anchorage... but this is silly.... increase the spawn numbers at least.
  3. Mermut Well-Known Member

Actually, you need 228 fuel... but, yeah, it feels needlessly tedious to harvest 228 fuel, one at a time, from nodes with 2 pulls each that pop 2 at a time....
  4. Kaitheel Developer

Oh! Yeah, that sounds frustrating, and was not intended. I'll take a look at it!

To reduce the chance of confusion over what this issue is, the Tradeskill signature quest in question is "Piercing the Darkness: Carving A Legacy". The fuel in question is the "sublime pulverulence" gathered in "The Duality's Vigilant Sanctum".

Am I correct?

~ Kaitheel
  5. Mermut Well-Known Member

Yes
  6. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Thank you, sir, for looking into it!
  7. Avithax Well-Known Member

After setting my alarm to wake up for the new quests at Midnight I literally fell asleep trying to collect the "sublime pulverence". I mused that it was a fitting name considering it exactly described what was happening to my brain while trying to collect it all.

TY for looking into this K.

Also, the fact that all of the items involved in this quest are immune to bountiful harvest isn't helpful. I'm already shuddering about having to do it on my alts :(
  8. Tock Member

[IMG]
  9. Kuulei Well-Known Member

When TS quests are not offered to Test server first... You get to spend all your time trying not to go into a coma to do a step of a quest that should have taken no more than 10 minutes but takes nearly 2 hours.
  10. Blazen Active Member

I'm real happy that this is being looked into. I ran it on second character but after I finished, I really questioned if I was going to run on another seven.
  11. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

After looking up the definition of pulverulence (yes, folks, it is a real word). I can picture patch notes that say somethng along the lines of the sublime pulverulence is now even more dusty, resulting in greater yields. Or "the researchers in The Duality's Inner Sanctum are too busy researching to dust properly, resulting in more collections of sublime pulverulence" ... or something of the sort. ;D
  12. Avithax Well-Known Member

Any updates on this? Many of us have an alt army standing by hoping we don't have to spend hours collecting 4-8 fuels a minute while running in dizzy circles!
  13. Soara2 Well-Known Member

Lol I thought it said 28 and when I got in there I was like hey I ran out and then calculate the amount I needed and stood there for like 5 minutes deciding on if I wanted to do it. Then I switched to my sk just in case I wouldn't want to do it twice. Lol I don't think I will do it more than twice. Fury has around 100 or so or I finished. I don't even remember tbh. I left to help a friend. Alt army won't be getting it
  14. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Only another 7. How about 96 or so? Hmmmm?
  15. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Just keep spreading the word to wait on doing it, folks, and be patient. It is the weekend. The SOONEST we'll see a change to this is the usual Tuesday hotfix window, and that will depend not only on how soon Kaitheel was able to check in a fix, but also how soon QA can approve the change, etc.

Since this is one of the permanent quests, not the limited-time prelude repeatables, there is plenty of time to do this later.
    Cyrrena, Kaitheel, Xianthia and 5 others like this.
  16. Blazen Active Member

I have other characters but only actively playing on one server. As for the others, I just try to keep their mounts, mercenaries, and spells updated.
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

One thing I like about the Teren's Grasp TS stuff is that when we're called upon to make 6 whatevers, using 3 special materials each (if my maths are correct, that's 18 per quest), the special mats (whose name I've forgotten at the moment; Denmum has an excellent write-up of it on her site :D) spawn wildly and widely all over the place, once you've gotten the quest. Until you finish the current iteration of it, you can gather 'til you fill your inventory with 'em (they stack up to 50), or at least have enough to do like five of those quests in a row...or 90 special mats. Fast and easy. :)

Uwk
    Soara2, Cyrrena, Blazen and 1 other person like this.
  18. Kaitheel Developer

The following change should be coming with the next hotfix, along with a few others:
    • Piercing the Darkness: Carving A Legacy - The "sublime pulverulence" fuel, gathered in The Duality's Vigilant Sanctum is now gathered in stacks.
    It will help significantly!

~ Kaitheel
  19. Spindle Well-Known Member

Yippee! Thank you!
  20. Avithax Well-Known Member

+1 Ty Kaitheel