Sharpen thy wits and prepare thyselves! Mythic Passage begins soon!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, Sep 5, 2019.

1. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

Hail and well met Norrathians!
    With the expansion approaching and the summer coming to an end we turn our eyes to the autumn and our expansion prelude event! It begins tomorrow, September 6, 2019 at 12:01 AM PT and will end with expansion launch!

[IMG]

Mythic Passage
    A great project is underway at Teren's Grasp in Kylong Plains! Come join the marvelous scholars of the Deepwater Circle as they work tirelessly to empower the Combine Spires, under the rigorous direction of The Duality. They're offering an extensive list of items in exchange for your assistance gathering arcane energy sources, collecting luclinite, defending newly erected propylons, and creating teleportation aspects. There's something everyone can do, no matter how experienced!

[IMG]

Maximum experienced players receive a summons in the mail requesting their presence in The Duality's Vigilant Sanctum, once more. Inside, the adventuring level 110 players can speak with the Duality, and the tradeskill level 110 players can speak with Head Scholar Nabihan to learn how they might lend their skills to the situation.

[IMG]

[IMG]

What starts tomorrow
    2 level 110 adventure signature quests (permanent content!)
    2 level 110 tradeskill signature quests (permanent content!)

Prelude only content, don't miss out!!
    3 all level adventure repeatable quests (prelude only)
    2 all level tradeskill repeatable quests (prelude only)
    1 collection (prelude only)

Ready your weapons, hone your skills. The Duality awaits you.
    Cyrrena, Seefar, Siren and 9 others like this.
  2. Obano Well-Known Member

From the pictures it looks like a return to Thalumbra or perhaps another Kunark.

If it is Kunark again that could mean Epic 3.0 is in the works.

In before someone says it Lucilin.
    Xarin, Cyrrena, Breanna and 1 other person like this.
  3. Dockter Well-Known Member

I want something added to Antonica.... map extension or something. Antonica was always great.
  4. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Ah, but the article mentions collecting luclinite, so ... well, time will tell.
    Rosyposy, Cyrrena, Yenk and 4 others like this.
  5. Sykle I use too many words sometimes.

It's Luclin
  6. NrthnStar5 Well-Known Member

Looks like this prelude event will be a little bit different from years past. Looking forward to checking it out :)
    Cyrrena, Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Dude like this.
  7. kingmob23 Well-Known Member

Sweet. Another bunch of underground areas that use the intestinal tract color palette.
  8. Sykle I use too many words sometimes.

I love a good throw-up hue to play the game on. Makes everything feel more real.
    Juraiya and Scrappyz like this.
  9. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

See? Even the mushrooms have tentacles now!
  10. Dude Well-Known Member

I think Gninja did a great job drawing those. Did you assist in that? :D:rolleyes::p
  11. Peredhel Active Member

Looking forward to it!
  12. Breanna Well-Known Member

13. Mermut Well-Known Member

Bahhh.. just when I was thinking I could take a break, new content gets added! :p
    Cyrrena, Febrith, Yenk and 4 others like this.
  14. Dude Well-Known Member

You can take a break. The content doesn't get added until tomorrow. :)
  15. Peace Member

More intelligent mushrooms with eyeballs? Ugh. Would prefer slightly more realism and better detail in rendition. Its why I don't play WOW, don't like their cartoonishness. Ive got a suggestion for another expansion though, how about raising up the ground and draining off some of the waters to connect the lands between Qeynos and Freeport. Seriously, I miss being able to take the long runs though between the two areas, and High pass being a High pass.... of the old eq1. Making the seas swimmable and running personally owned ships over it would be neat too. (and yes, do have the personal house galleon too). Will love it if Lucan and the Shir Val are both reintroduced. Maybe would just have to add another appearance factor choice to the Kerran for that rather than a whole rework to do so too that way? Either way , looking forwards to seeing more of the old eq1 style content added if that is what it is. :D
    Rosyposy, Crazylayde, Cyrrena and 2 others like this.
  16. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

Mythic Passage- Collecting luclinite, firing up ye old Combine Spires, looks like some shissar and some reishi mushrooms. Hmm, I wonder where this is going?
    Cyrrena and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  17. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

Assuming they are what I think they are, they had eyes in EQ1 as well. Mushroom folk are a long-standing staple in EQ lore.

[IMG]
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Well, considering we had the Deepwater bit, what with the underwater prestige house, the watery-themed CE building block recipe book (and the Brackish Water incredible house items! :D), the flying water elemental "horse" mount, etc., looks like we're going to something like the Elemental Plane of Earth. ;->

Wasn't there something about the Plane of Fire in there, other than just special new Scorched Sky stuff? I didn't pay much attention to the adventure part of CD, it must be said. If not, that'll probably be the next GU or expac after this one. ;->

Uwk
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  19. Teepo New Member

The fourth picture is the Nexus having been redecorated by the Shissar. So I think the next expansion is going to Luclin.
  20. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hey, very cool! :D

So, they're rebuilding from the core out? :D

Uwk
    who, once upon a time, had a Vah Shir Beastlord doppelganger in the pen-n-paper EQ1 game (yep, it existed...dunno if it still does :-/)... ;->
    Cyrrena, Breanna and Rosyposy like this.