Why did the sale and XP bonuses end early?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Zish, Sep 3, 2019.

1. Bentenn Well-Known Member

It also started before noon on Friday as well.. so you got extra time on the front side.
  2. Mermut Well-Known Member

Only the double coins started at midnight.. the double xp and double status didn't start until 2pm.. 2 hrs after the listed noon start time...
    Cyrrena and Geroblue like this.
  3. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I use one because I'm a ham radio operator. Otherwise 12 hour.

But I have noticed, since my Navy days, folks who don't normally use a 24 hour clock can find it confusing.
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  4. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

Hi Guys,

I wanted to drop in here for a second, I am sorry I did not see this sooner. I want to clarify a few things. 1) There was a typo in the original article that I was not aware of until after the event ended. 2) The edit was not made to hide the fact that there was a typo in the first place but to correct the issue in case anyone else went to go look. In a version of the edit that was noted and it does not appear that version is the one that I hit post on as I was going from meeting to meeting over the course of the day. 3) The article was scheduled to come down at the time the event ended, this has nothing to do with the typo.

Finally, I have played many MMORPGs over the years and I want to sincerely apologize, I have been on your end of this situation and understand the confusion and frustration things like this cause. One of my goals since starting has been to ensure that communication stays at the forefront of what I do and I let you all down on this one. Unfortunately all I can do is try to make sure that something like this doesn't happen again.
    Lateana, Zeddicious, Melkior and 7 others like this.
  5. Breanna Well-Known Member

Thank you for your reply. It is much appreciated.
    Lateana, Yenk, Cyrrena and 3 others like this.
  6. Leafa Active Member

I logged in to finish and turn in a 7m status quest last night as well (that I'd saved for double status).

It's just a game, but...that was a blow for my little guild's status and leveling plans. Will it matter if I file a petition?
    Cyrrena likes this.
  7. Leafa Active Member

The response is appreciated, but hopefully there will be attempts by DB to address it, for me particularly, I'd like the status and leveling that should have happened when I turned in a 7m guide quest last night that had been saved for double status. For others, maybe a short repeat sale to be offered.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  8. Zish Member

It is indeed unfortunate that you're unable to take any action to make up for the error.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  9. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

If that changes I will let you all know.
    Yenk, Cyrrena, Breanna and 1 other person like this.
  10. Avithax Well-Known Member

I can easily change. Add an extra weekend of double/triple coins and Marketplace sale this upcoming Friday. Nothing gets harmed or corrupted by doing this, Daybreak can make a little more revenue and we will all do a /snoopydance.

P.S. using clock times to cite event duration can always be left to interpretation and subject to errors. Using calendar days is much more defined.
    Cyrrena and Geroblue like this.
  11. Dockter Well-Known Member

This. Exactly.
    Faeonara, Cyrrena, Xianthia and 2 others like this.
  12. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

Nope
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  13. Breanna Well-Known Member

No, we can only hope they do something to make up for it like they've done in the past.
    Yenk, Cyrrena and Pixistik like this.
  14. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

Ty Dreamweaver, we all make mistakes.
    I would like to thank the team for giving us such a wonderful bonus weekend, weather it was early or late... it was a lot of fun!
    Faeonara, Breanna, Geroblue and 3 others like this.
  15. Zish Member

Thank you, I appreciate you taking the time to reach out here.
    Cyrrena, Faeonara, Mermut and 3 others like this.
  16. Xxtacii Active Member

Everyone makes mistakes and it was kind of you to get back to us and apologize. We appreciate the feedback. Hopefully something can be done in the up coming days to help make up for the people that got left out.
    Lateana, Cyrrena, Breanna and 3 others like this.
  17. Tkia Well-Known Member

This.
    It's patently obvious from past experience that people are going to get confused regardless of whether you use the 12 or 24 hour clocks. Since you're using the midway points of the day wouldn't it be sensible to use the more unique identifiers that are available to avoid all this confusion? It would also be far harder for a typo to slip through since 'noon' and 'midnight' are nothing alike to type!
    Lateana, Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  18. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

There are changes that I am making, some of those processes are slower to change that others but I appreciate all the feedback and suggestions!
    Siren, Tkia, Lateana and 6 others like this.