Why did the sale and XP bonuses end early?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Zish, Sep 3, 2019.

1. Zish Member

Even though you've now deleted the news post and edited the forum post, this was the original post until today:

[IMG]

You said it would last until midnight tonight. Yet it's all gone now.

It started late and ended early, and you try to cover up the mistake. Why?

For reference: A cached version of the news page.
    Pixistik, Leafa, Rosyposy and 3 others like this.
  2. Orionza Active Member

I came here to see if I was crazy, because I swore I saw 11:59 pm today too. I planned some of the remainder of my gaming time today around this. Annnnd then it's gone early. And the Labor Day announcement was pulled too? I'm so glad Zish saved a screenshot of the posted time.

Someone said to me it was a typo. If it's a typo, fix it please. Make sure the times are correct before posting. Some of us only have a bit of time to play and plan around the announcements as best we can. Thank you!
    Pixistik, Rosyposy, Siren and 2 others like this.
  3. Zish Member

Yeah, I agree with Orionza. I had planned around having all night tonight to enjoy the XP and maybe buy a house or two with the sale.

But that's kinda not in the cards now.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  4. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I did this as well because I got paid today.
  5. Avithax Well-Known Member

The Hamsters are now in charge of editing, making dates and times all end with the suffix "ish" But unless you started zoning in before midnight yesterday you couldn't reasonably expect make the 11:59pm cut-off. /end sarcasm
    Cyrrena likes this.
  6. Bhayar Well-Known Member

In all honesty, this confusion has happened before. DBG would be well advised to consider using a 24 HR clock when they're setting start and stop times for such events.
    Cyrrena, Pixistik, Xsidios and 3 others like this.
  7. Dude Well-Known Member

Most of the world does. It's much easier to keep track of when things are happening.
    Cyrrena, Pixistik and Bhayar like this.
  8. Zish Member

I mean.. they used 12:00PM for the start, if they intended for it to end at noon, why not use 12:00PM again? Why use 11:59 if you weren't trying to convey midnight?
    Cyrrena likes this.
  9. Mermut Well-Known Member

Or they could say noon or midnight ;)
    Lateana, Cyrrena, Pixistik and 4 others like this.
  10. Melkior Well-Known Member

Based on his Discord post which said they were 'Extending' the promotion 2 hours to 3 September, 1:59PM; I can only assume the original post should have read 11:59AM, and not 11:59PM. I asked about it on Discord yesterday, but did not get a response. Ideally they would have honored the posted date, but at the least they should have at least acknowledged and posted the error, rather than editing in the correction.
    Cyrrena and Rosyposy like this.
  11. Magic Missiles Active Member

11:59 PM is extremely clear. That is the time I saw listed earlier today when i took a look to see if i could still complete a quest while the bonus was running. So I just ran a 7m status guide quest i had been saving and did not receive double xp even though it was well before the listed time. Logged in here to see if others are having the same issue. How can this be so messed up?
    Cyrrena likes this.
  12. Finora Well-Known Member

Lack of attention to editing =(.
    I'm disappointed as well. I expected to have this evening to finish up some stuff.
  13. Chrisworld Active Member

I have to say, I am pretty disappointed to find out that their mistake wasn't corrected BEFORE POSTING, or VERY soon after, but instead corrected far too late. I wanted to hop on today and do some more double exp leveling on TLE.

Not getting my hopes up but another double XP weekend next weekend to make up for it would be nice. A nice way to preserve customer relations, save face and just look good instead of doing stuff like this, honestly.
  14. Zish Member

It would be great if they'd give us at least another day of double XP.
  15. Xxtacii Active Member

Gaslighting is a form of psychological manipulation in which a person seeks to sow seeds of doubt in a targeted individual or in members of a targeted group, making them question their own memory, perception, and sanity.
    Cyrrena, Xsidios, Crastinal and 2 others like this.
  16. Nella Member

Please give us another day of bonuses. Many of us were counting on having today to exp and do status turn ins.
    Cyrrena, Rosyposy and Zish like this.
  17. Obano Well-Known Member

This is a case of people not understanding the difference between 12:00AM and 12:00PM.

The event actually started Early. The note says the bonus weekend will start on Friday at 12:00PM, that is noon folks. However the servers started kicking in their bonuses right at midnight or 12:00AM on Friday. That is 12 hours early start therefore it should be easy to deduct that the event would end 12 hours early as well. Seems most players figured it out already and planned ahead.
    Breanna and Snikkety like this.
  18. Zish Member

Nice try, but no, double XP actually started 2 hours late. 2PM on friday.

Here's your proof.
  19. Obano Well-Known Member

I didn't test for double xp but I did a coin run right after midnight and got the extra coins.
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  20. Mermut Well-Known Member

Coins started early and lasted longer.. double status and xp started late and ended early.
    Cyrrena, Breanna and Crastinal like this.