Everfrost: go from island to big land ?

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Geroblue, Aug 31, 2019.

1. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Can't find a 'travel Everfrost' portal.

Found something about a Love area, merc and my character got attacked, left.

Looked down in the water, because an NPC wanted help fishing.

Only saw 'An Ancient Frostfin' and no way to get on land once I get my character into the ocean.

So where are the fish Fishmonger Udolpho wants ?

And how do I get to the main part of the continent ?

Thanks.

And why is the frostfin looking at my character whenever he looks over the side of the dock ?

Well, maybe only at least half, not continuously...
  2. Mermut Well-Known Member

You have to swim. If you stay on the surface you'll be fine. The sharks are far enough underwater that they won't aggro you.
    You can swim to the small one than to the main one if you're concerned as well.
  3. Breanna Well-Known Member

And there used to be a tradeskill island out there too. Never did figure out why, and then it just went away.
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

You don't even have to swim, really; once you get a Leaper mount of some sort (and yeah, you'd want to be at least 30+ to hit Everfrost anyway, even just for harvesting, unless you're really careful), just literally Leap from the Shard of Love (SoL) end of the docks (as an aside, it's much easier to do that instance during Erollisi Day; there's a completely different thing going on there then, and it scales to you) to the land immediately across the way. Yep, it's a wee bit hair-raisingly narrow and steep in some places, getting to the main part of the mainland where the NPCs are (area to the left if you Leap from the SoL end), but if you have patience, you can do it. Heck, you can swim across at any level from SoL's End to the mainland directly across; just do it fast enough and watch out for shark pathing, 'cause yeah, the sharks that aggro (not all types there do) will aggro you if your horizontal coords match theirs, no matter how deep they are vertically...or at least it's always been that way for me. :-/

Actually, come to think of it, you can Leap from the lone NPC quest-giver end of the docks (spooky-looking high level mage dude) to the small island between there and the mainland with the NPCs, and from there to the mainland. Two BIG hops and you're there. ;->

As for the fish that lazy bonehead on the entry pier wants, those are in the ordinary fish school nodes you harvest from, which are generally more accessible from the mainland, but can be done from the docks, too (though the game gets shirty if your toes can't see the fish school's toes, so you have to get reaaallly close to the dock edge sometimes... :-/), as well as from that small island between Spooky Mage Dude and the mainland. The cool thing about the first time you do that for the fishmonger, you get a fish plushie for your house aquarium. :)

Uwk
    Soara2, Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I think that was for the folks who couldn't finish up all their Frostfell crafting in time, before we got the option to get the special crafting stations (THANK YOU, DEVS!!! :D); not actually sure about that, but I vaguely remember hearing something about that.

Uwk
  6. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Well, sounds like fin, uh, fun.
  7. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Got a character out there that the sharks wont chomp on. Then had to ledge hop, until I found the settlers. Only saw 2 collection ? marks. Lots of lizards of various types. Did some gathering, mining, etc.

Landscape was easy to see, even in the middle of the night.
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Oh my yeah, that's one reason I like the place so much. Clear field of vision! Ranks right up there with Commonlands and SE Thundering Steppes for ease of harvesting. ;->

I love it when everything's grey to me and I'm just there to either harvest mats or finish old quests. :)

Uwk
    Breanna, Cyrrena and Soara2 like this.
  9. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Well, I did one, partially, quest from mail. Vesspyrs I think thats it, gave me a headache trying to find my way around. So I quit it, for now, maybe never complete it. I am going to rest.
  10. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Working on Qho's Gathering Obsession. Done parts 1, 2, and 3. Going to eat pizza soon. That takes priority over gaming.

Why Yes, I did quickly look over the wiki. Going to take me an amount of time. Some spots in the gathering bits are far between.

See ya !
  11. Soara2 Well-Known Member

Pizza pizza
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Part 4 (IV), if memory serves, involves -- hmm. I may be thinking of Part 3, for Tier 3 stuff, which was Thundering Steppes and Nektulos Forest, but if you've already finished that bit, you don't need any of my two coppers! :) What I was going to suggest for Nek Forest is to hug the main river; there's a lot of nodes along the banks (as well as monsters, like soul sucking things; vicious plants; etc.). Also: Pig Meat is almost impossible to find in TS (got over 200 Leather Pelts + Lion Meat to 10 Pig Meat), and Lion Meat that way in Nek. :-/ Supposedly because of the environments (one might expect to find Lion Meat in TS; savanna-like plains, with actual lions everywhere, and more forest in Nek, even though there aren't any boars or pigs of any sort visible there...), but I see it as yet another example of, "Oh, you have a quest for that now? That same stuff you were swimming in last time when you wanted Pelts? Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!"

Uwk
  13. Geroblue Well-Known Member

That sounds like part III.

Spire in common lands to spire in everfrost. Still wind up on an island and there is a rather large shark thing down there. At 110 no agro.
  14. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

If he is on Part IV, isn't that Enchanted Lands/Zek? I always get the Lazy Halfling on the TS docks at the same time so I can get some of his place settings and such, I am harvesting anyway, I may as well harvest a bit more to feed him and take his house items in the process.
    Soara2, Geroblue and Breanna like this.
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Ah! No, no, no; just take the World Bell to Everfrost, and you'll get to the docks. Way easier than trying to fight through everything between. ;->

And it'll make my suggestions actually make some sense... ;->

Uwk
    who blushes to admit never having taken the Wizard Spire to Everfrost, or so long ago the details are lost to the ages (or is that, aged?)... :oops:
  16. Dude Well-Known Member

I tend to take the spire to Everfrost when I'm doing the Words of Pure Magic. The spire is really close to the spawn location.
    Soara2, Cyrrena, Rhodris and 2 others like this.
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hmm! Thanks for that; next time I'm doing that, I'll look that up. :)

Uwk
    Soara2, Cyrrena, Dude and 1 other person like this.
  18. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

If you need to fish or harvest, definitely take the world bell and not the spires to Everfrost!!!
  19. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Still sharks down there.

Okay, some of my characters have flying carpets. I try to go aqcross Qeynos harbor, and it vanishes and my character swims over.

So... how do I get it to fly across water ?
  20. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

It won't, unless YOU can fly (i.e., you're high-enough level for the flight part of the engine to turn over and start ;->), and it's an actual flying carpet. There are various ground mounts that look like they're flying, when they're actually just hovering.

If it doesn't have an air speed listed, it's not an actual flying carpet. :-/

Plus, you're not allowed to fly in Qeynos or Freeport, not even Leap. :(

Uwk
    who prefers Leapers for some applications, even now when so many Flyers are at like level 30-35 ;->
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.