my prestige house searching and final purchases

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Geroblue, Jul 14, 2019.

1. Juraiya Well-Known Member

The two best ways to level a crafter are rush writs and tradeskill apprentices. Grinding crafting items takes forever. Plus the rush writs will help level your guild, as long as it's lower than 105. And the writs give you status and city coins, that you can spend on things at the city festivals. That's kind of a win-win. :) The tradeskill apprentices give you useful potions along with the tradeskill exp; it's a slower way than writs to level with them, but it's pretty easy to do those daily.

And I will send your Maj'Dul characters some bags in a bit, after I get into the game and can craft some for you. :)
  2. Geroblue Well-Known Member

You gave some to Starghallson on Skyfire. So my list above is wrong.

Skyfire: Ustaohunar, and Xiifogshar

Maj'Dul: Nejiara, Acoujhan, Uzeepiha

Those should be correct.
  3. Juraiya Well-Known Member

Gero: Just sent 50 bags to Uzeepiha. Glad you got that name right, or I'd have sent them to the wrong person! :D
  4. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I try to add extra characters to the random names... that way they are unique. But it also gives me a headache.

I wouldn't mind Bob, or Chuck, or Sandra, but those likely would get rejected by the server, or they have already been used.

I must confess I'm not good at conversation. I used to be, but I don't do much of that anymore.
  5. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I did check the rush orders, and saw they have a short time limit. Doesn't work well for me.

If there is a list of them somewhere, with components, I can get those ahead of time and do the writs. While I can take a test on a time schedule, doing things in a game on a schedule doesn't allways work well for me.

And thank you for the bags. I feel better after eating lunch. Too many snacks at home and not enough 'regular food'. I'll do better next payday.
  6. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

There are rush order writs and regular writs. The regular writs are not timed, but they do not give as much experience or coin as the rush order writs do. And the writs offered will be based on your level, for example say you are a level 33 crafter, you may be offered a level 30, a level 29, and a level 25, so you would need the materials to craft items that are in the level range 20-29 and 30-39. The level of the writ is also the level of the item you will craft.

You can always click on the rush order agent and see what level writs they are offering you, but do not accept one.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  7. Breanna Well-Known Member

Gero you could try those common names they may work. I got so frustrated one time trying to name a character all I could think of was dammit Becky So I tried Becky and I have a character named Becky LOL You could be surprised at what you can name them. Bob though I think is too short maybe Bobby LOL
    Cyrrena and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  8. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Received and thank you. I tried to relpy, but that account I forgot is f2p.

So I thank you here.
  9. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Maybe I can do a rename in January or February. I have bills that come in once a year, this fall. Christmas is an extra fee after that.
  10. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Almost forgot. I wont be near a computer most of Friday.
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Also, what I've found re: rush writs is there are all kinds of things you can do with your Recipe list (at least in the default UI; not sure how it works in others yet, so all my comments will be for the in-game default UI), such as Edit it to just show what you can make at level 20, 24 (I think it's that level, rather than 25; it's been awhile), 29, and then 30, 34, 39, etc., depending on your crafter's level. To be on the safe side, though, just ask for everything you can craft in the 20s and 30s; that will at least save you from being inundated with 0-9th and 10th-19th stuff. If you have the seven mats and fuels for the 20s and 30s at level 30, for example, you should be good to go.

And I've found with the rush writs is that they give you a good 8.5 minutes or so, and if you're like me, you can finish all 6 requests of theirs in like 3 minutes or so, maybe a bit longer ('cause apparently, it does take more time at lower levels, for whatever peculiar reason :-/). With the Recipe list open, should you get a request for something like "2 Right-Handed Flying Credenzas," for (a silly fictitious) example, you can just type Ri Han Fly Cred and the Recipe list will do its best to find it for you, quickly. Do make sure you have all your recipe books for that tier, though, at least the Essential Volumes (the writ quest givers don't ever ask for Mastercrafted stuff); I've been caught before that way with my mental "pants" down. :-/

There are things called "complications" that I'm sure you've already run across, where you have to hit the corresponding icon button when an issue comes up in order to successfully counter it. Well, I keep my eye on the blue Progress bars (and the green Durability [or whatever they're called; I'm not in game at the moment] bars), and every time one advances, I click on all three icon buttons (or type 1-2-3, or 4-5-6 for keeping the Durability up, but your cursor has to be in the crafting window to register that from the keyboard), just because I can. The blue Progress bar usually LEAPS ahead when you do that, but by the same token, you have to do it fast, before another Complication comes up and you might hit the wrong button inadvertently. :-/

Plus, it does tend to eat up your Power bar; I try to remember to drink one of my Drinks in my inventory ahead of a big crafting session. ;->

Uwk
    Juraiya, Cyrrena and Geroblue like this.
  12. Breanna Well-Known Member

Also (not sure if this is in default ui or not) but there is a recent tab for the things you've made most recent. They give you the same 2 or 3 writs all the time so after you've made them once they go on your recent list and you can just flop over to that and you don't even have to search for them. If you are leveling quickly though you'll get new writs before that is really useful. But once the leveling starts slowing down it makes it go a lot quicker not having to search for them.
  13. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

That is what I do, I just make sure I have all the mats and fuel, and just type the first 3 letters of each word in the item name, I don't even sort the recipe books, I just leave them alone. I usually look up on the wiki what all the mats for say level 20-29 are what the fuel is and make sure I have all of those in my bag before I start my rush orders unless I am in my hall, then I just craft from the depots. And I can typically get a rush order done in 4 minutes at most and that is on a level 20-25 crafter. On a TLE its the vitality that will kill you, if you try and craft for leveling without vitality its like slogging through quicksand. On live I never noticed an issue with crafting for leveling without vitality after the revamp years ago. When we had sub-combines it was important though, but since we could not make a complete item any way we did not let it stop us.
  14. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Moving my Kerran from Freeport to Gorowyn. Terrace Standards, 4 rooms. A bit expensive, but I do have a 25% rent reduction item.

I have to take a cheaper 1 room, so I can get the furniture from the quest as 'first time buyer'.

I just finally got tired of the Corsairs walking past with their flavor text of wanting my character's fur. So I moved. Gorowyn is home city anyway.

Etairharn's Loft is it. I'll set to visitor on, but it doesn't have much in it.
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

And nice Carpenter folks can also make you Status reduction items, if that's another need (you can also stack the 25% rent reduction Treasure Hoard chests, if you can get any more, up to 4 per room for no more rent spent). :)

Though I've said it before and I'll say it again, loudly: [rant] THERE ARE NO 1-ROOM PLACES EXISTING ANY MORE! THE DEVS ARE JUST TOO LAZY TO FIX THE TITLES! [/rant /pant /huff /puff] NO "1-room" places; they are all 2-rooms (though I think there are some weird 3-room places that still do exist that actually have only three rooms; most of what they claim are "3-room" places actually have FOUR rooms), NO 5-room places (just 6s), and the only 7-room places are in Kelethin. >:-/

Uwk
    who, for one, loves the additional room(s), and just wishes the devs would be more honest about it ;)

EDIT: Where is Etairharn? Which server?

Uwk
    who also loves Gorowyn as a home city :D
    Cyrrena, Juraiya and Breanna like this.
  16. Geroblue Well-Known Member

He just made 41st level on Skyfire. I would like to thank all of the nice spiders, minotaurs, etc. that gave their lives for the move frmo 40th to 41st level.

Looking for items to get the leaper mount. So far etched leather pelts and tussah roots. Enough for 3 or 4 characters. I have looked over a large part of Steamfont, but few collecting, gathering, foresting, etc. spots there. Sometimes mountain coyote drops them, rarely, and I found some in one animal den. Then didn't find any more animal dens, just dens with different names. No etched leather pelts in them. Ah well.

Still need to locate the supple loam and severed briar wood for the leaper mount quests.

Just point me in the right direction, I'll go get them in a day or two. My eyes are getting tired.

Maybe I need to put that beading project, small 18 columns by about 25 rows, on the back burner.
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

The tricky thing about Steamfont is that there's two different tiers here and there in that one zone. :-/

And yep, every zone is gonna have different names for the various zones; makes it hard to find stuff like food for the Hungry, Hungry Halfling at Thundering Steppes' docks when the names for the Shrub nodes keep changing. :-/

On Denmum's site (EQ2 Traders), there should be a really invaluable .txt list of zones and what mats you can find there; I think I also found a spreadsheet there of the actual names of the mats per node, and what you need to be, gatherer-wise (or is that harvester-wise? I can never remember the generic term), in order to get rares from the nodes. Times were, you'd need to be that level to even just harvest (or is that gather?) there, but nowadays it's just to gather (or harvest). :-/

At any rate, I have both those files, and I know I got them from somewhere, probably Denmum's. It's been so long ago now that they're probably up to the Chaos Descending stuff by now and I should really upgrade mine. ;->

Thanks for the impetus! :D

EDIT: That spreadsheet and text file I mentioned are only figments of my imagination that I did up myself, I think; all I'm seeing on the site's page for that is a list of the nodes and an image of a spreadsheet (though, indeed, 'tis updated! :D), and I'm not seeing something to be downloaded, but I could easily be missing it. ;->

EDIT: And there isn't an update yet for Chaos Descending, but I for one will forgive her that, since I don't even have that expac yet (heck, most of mine haven't even finished ToT yet...). ;->

Uwk
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  18. Juraiya Well-Known Member

Easier than this: First, sort your recipe book (after you've clicked the crafting station) by reverse order of difficulty. Then how you search for items depends upon your crafter type. For instance, if you're an outfitter do a "-imbu -bless" so you won't see any imbued items (since they will NEVER be asked for in a crafting writ); for scholars do a "-(expert" because you'll NEVER be asked for an Expert level spell/skill; for craftsmen you don't usually have either of those ways to narrow things down, but the list of items available is more easily searched on.
    If you've forgotten to buy the books (it has happened before to me too), I just delete the quest, buy the books, and pick up the quest again. It's really not a huge deal until you've actually begun crafting and wasting your mats/fuels.

I can usually complete rush writs within 2 minutes; less than that if I use a potion of progress because I'm grinding them out. BUT that's easier to say at higher crafting levels. For some reason, although DB made crafting of level 70+ go fairly quickly, many items in the lower tiers craft sloooooowly. I've always hated getting bags or quivers in a rush writ; those taking fricking forever. And there's no real reason for it anymore, particularly since backpacks at the higher tiers - which are FAR more useful - only take three or four turns. They've updated the crafting speeds for many items, but packs and quivers have been ignored, for some reason that completely bypasses me.
    You can get into a pattern; if you hit the reaction arts immediately after the progress numbers come up, then the options will refresh before the next time a reaction art might be needed. I am *always* hitting my reaction arts; I usually do 6-5-4 (yes, I do it in reverse order, because it's my LEFT hand on the keys) over and over, right after the numbers pop up each time, but if a reaction art is needed, I might be hitting 5-6-4 or 4-6-5. It's important to make sure the reaction art has properly connected with the reaction needed before hitting the next key, but they CAN be hit fairly quickly in succession. You learn how to time it and gauge for it, at least once you get into the pattern. You really should be using the reaction arts EVERY pass of the numbers, if you want the best speed. Just be careful not to inadvertently step on a needed reaction by hitting the keys too soon.

I get the feeling that Gero's problem is a lack of mats for doing the writs. Gero: This is why we're all recommending to you that you join a guild that has a harvest depot. When you're in the guild hall, assuming your guild leader sets it up so that all members have crafting access to the depot, then you'll never have to worry about having sufficient mats on you. You'll only have to worry about the fuels, and all you'll need is a stack or two of your primary fuel (which you should be familiar with for your crafter) of the correct tier, and you're good to go.

If the guild you join doesn't give you crafting access to the guild depot, then ask about getting permissions, or join another guild that will give you the permissions. You don't need to have permission to REMOVE harvests in order to CRAFT from the depot, and most guild leaders are aware of this and give all members crafting access to the depots.

Rush writs really are the way to go, compared to non-timed crafting writs. Yeah, I hate timed quests as well (and usually delete a quest if I realize that it's timed), but rush writs generally aren't an issue unless you get interrupted in the middle of crafting.

Yes, power consumption can be an issue. If it is, then use a power totem of the highest level you can. That will help considerably.
  19. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I looked on the wiki to find what I would need for the leaper mount series of make items. Thats the list I'm working on.

I'm also using the time to level up the character(s) looking for the items needed for this quest/making items.

Killed a number of minotaurs and spiders. Deranged mechanical gnomes.

I probably worded my earlier post wrong.

I can find locations for gathering, mining, etc. but they seem few and far between in Steamfont. Sometimes there are two or three close together, but thats rare. Other zones I have adventured in there are more of them.

As an example: I was looking at various animal dens, and couldn't get etched animal pelt as a result. Killed three or four mountain coyotes, and got one. About 6 for 20 or more of those mobs.

Then got animal den, and got 7 of them. So while there are two sources, its not easy finding them.

Tussah root was fairly easy... well, sort of.

The other two items needed for this leaper mount quest/make item series has so far drawn a blank.

So I'll keep looking, and use this to level my characters.

I'm still contemplating joining a guild.
  20. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Well, this has changed. I don't need all that stuff for the leaping raptor mount.

Just go over to the team leader digging in Highland Outpost and talk to him. He sends you around to various places in Butcherblock to get various items. Rall over by the griffin loft is in on this to.

Unless the bipedal bird people and the whelps are gray to your character, there will be lots of fighting.

And getting up on the Mesa... well, I had to climb up there, but my character made it.

So, I have lots of tussah roots, etched leather pelts, wyrm meat, etc. I'm sure I'll find a use for them. They aren't needed for this mount quest.

edit:

And the character doesn't need to be 30th crafter either. Character level 37 and up is fine.

And don't look down. Having a mount that can fly is good to.