Producer's Letter: Carnage in Kael & more! [Discussion]

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, Aug 21, 2019.

1. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

Greetings, fair Norrathians!

The first half of the year has been great thanks to you, our amazing players!
    We are preparing to bring you Game Update 111: Carnage in Kael on August 27! It wasn’t originally planned for the year, but the team stayed late and snuck in on weekends to give you more content to chew up as we work on the expansion and events! There is a giant-sized tankard of events as we head into our 15th Anniversary and expansion season….

Speaking of expansions, EverQuest II will be raising the adventurer level cap to 120 this year! With that in mind, last year’s Chaos Descending expansion will be on sale at 50% off at everquest2.com/expansions as of August 21. Get ready for this year’s expansion!

About our not-yet-announced expansion, we wanted to give you a hint about the new location you’ll be travelling to this December! WHERE IS THAT?

[IMG]

Also, earlier this year, I talked about putting together a fan event which we are exploring for next year. That said, we wanted to get a feel for how many players would be interested, so we have a survey here: LINK. We want to get an idea of how many players are interested and a couple of other questions. Please participate if you are interested in hanging with your EQ friends and family for a couple of days!

[IMG]

Of course, the 15th Anniversary for EverQuest II coming November 9 and is a HUGE milestone for us! The team managed to carve out time to not only deliver new content for Heroes’ Festival but also a completely new server-wide event on live servers. The dragon-themed event will come with a reward that is a FIRST-EVER for EverQuest II players. We are excited to get one ourselves! Stay tuned.

The team is also planning to launch a new server for the anniversary which will have a unique rule-set. Hints? Start as a Heroic Character with all content unlocked up to the Chaos Descending expansion and live server (normal) experience rates!

We’ll be announcing more details as we get closer to November!

Until then, enjoy the game update on August 27, and dive into our third year of Panda Events, get your mounts up to level 20 with their new level cap, and enjoy a new season of familiars available on the marketplace and in game. Also, look to Labor Day weekend for some in-game bonuses and get ready for Gear-up, Level-up Bonuses starting next month!

You’ll be hearing a lot more from us as we head into fall and prepare for a fantastical winter!
    Sincerely, always,

Holly “Windstalker” Longdale
    Kurisutaru, Blazen, Zalight and 13 others like this.
  2. Peredhel Active Member

Please participate if you are interested in hanging with your EQ friends and family for a couple of days!

I'd be interested (already filled out survey).

[IMG]

Of course, the 15th Anniversary for EverQuest II coming November 9 and is a HUGE milestone for us! The team managed to carve out time to not only deliver new content for Heroes’ Festival but also a completely new server-wide event on live servers. The dragon-themed event will come with a reward that is a FIRST-EVER for EverQuest II players.

I'd like to get a t-shirt or 2 with that logo, btw!

Looking forward to GU111, expac and holidays, as always :)
    Geroblue, Blazen, Beee and 5 others like this.
  3. ConcealFate Well-Known Member

^^^ ;)
    Cyrrena and Rosyposy like this.
  4. Tajar Well-Known Member

Dawnshroud Peaks, Luclin.... ?
  5. Scrappyz Well-Known Member

Finally going to luclin after years of suspecting?
    Siren, Hartay, Cyrrena and 2 others like this.
  6. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

A difficult question:
    "Where"

what exactly is near Austin, Texas in addition to DBG studios?
    What would be the overall benefit to having in San Diego, CA?
    What of these or other areas would still allow full experience with the event, plus local decor, and not be prohibitively expensive?

These answers would allow one to better answer the "where;"
    as centrally located in U.S. would allow more to attend, but in either case, what else in is these area(s)?
    Breanna, Cyrrena and Rosyposy like this.
  7. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

the little yellow dude in right corner of page does suggest the cave dwellers in the caves and tunnels found on Luclin, if I recall my EQI lore correctly ;)
    Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  8. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

Zazzle.com, which per DBG guide lines that allows one to make "fan-based" for personal-use productions, so yeah,.. t-shirt, mug, hoodie, pillow, etc. have at it :)
    Breanna, ConcealFate and Cyrrena like this.
  9. Bludd Well-Known Member

Well considering Najena's dialogue at the end of Chaos Descending signature quest line, it's not surprising we're heading to Luclin.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  10. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

and this is probably how we are getting there ;)

[IMG]
    Breanna, Cyrrena and Rosyposy like this.
  11. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

Exactly how long shall this sale last please?
    Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  12. Carynn Well-Known Member

Looks like a reskin of Obulus Frontier to me. Would be nice if it was all sunny instead of the purple/red gloom.

But a new TLE already? I suppose the hints match with other threads with people rightly complaining about not being able to catch up in a logical, non-zillions-plat/status manner.
    Rosyposy likes this.
  13. Enkeli New Member

There is sooo much available in San Diego, we have gorgeous weather, beautiful beaches, historical sites, great food, friendly people and of course the fabulous Daybreak studio.

I wouldn't live anywhere else :)
    Juraiya, Blazen, Cyrrena and 2 others like this.
  14. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

I grant that,...
    only concerned that travel to CA may be prohibitively expensive for many who live on the East Coast,...
    thus limiting participation, but not by choice.
    Breanna, Cyrrena and Kittybock like this.
  15. Azrael's Tear Active Member

I voted Las Vegas, generally you are more likely to find cheaper flights and better deals on lodging in Vegas just due to the nature of the City. San Diego is nice, but not as big of a tourist destination as Vegas.
  16. Bludd Well-Known Member

is the screenshot perhaps Maiden's Eye?
    Cyrrena likes this.
  17. Dude Well-Known Member

18. Mojohippie New Member

Me'sa voted for Vancouver Canada or Viva Las Vegas or Pyongyang. Can get cheap flights or me'sa save up money to do laundry and get gasoline and make sure car can make it.:cool: Oh yeah. T-shirts and booze tumblers be nice too.
  19. Kittybock Well-Known Member

Oddly enough, we'd had a discussion on similar to this in an Expert group last week, while doing a coin run. I'd personally like to see a location that is more centrally located. While not exactly central, it is cost-effective from either coast to get to the Houston area, given that we are the major hub for both Southwest (HOU) and Continental (IAH).

We predominantly do things in the Houston/ Galveston area: Johnson Space Center, Kemah Boardwalk and myriad things to do on Galveston Island, not to mention some fun brew pubs. ;)

I've been to both San Diego and Vegas for business conventions, both have their draws. Depends on what you enjoy.

I'm not really a fan of Austin, but San Antonio might be a great option for a destination. The Riverwalk is laid out quite well for such events, lots to do, good food, etc. Not sure if the flights and what not would be as cost-effective, however.
  20. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

Rhodris, Juraiya, Breanna and 4 others like this.