Items still not stacking that should...

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Uwkete-of-Crushbone, Aug 13, 2019.

1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

...include the various things one gets from Duggin at the Thundering Steppes Docks. We can't personalize them, so why don't they stack? :-/

Uwk
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hmm...okay, the Ornate Forks stack, but the Ornate Knives don't. I seem to recall someone mentioning that awhile back, so I'm not sure what's the greater sin: cross-posting, or reviving a zombie. ;->

Uwk
    Cyrrena, Breanna and Rosyposy like this.
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

The Ornate Spoons don't, either. Anyone else finding anything else not stacking? Might not be a bad time to refresh this theme. ;->

Uwk
  4. Dude Well-Known Member

So you can fork around, but you can't spoon? :rolleyes:
  5. Breanna Well-Known Member

6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Seriously, it can't just be affecting the Duggin quests; I'm sure there's other stuff out there still being wonky. ;->

Uwk
    who'd like to see the occasionally wonky "special mats," like the Umbra Gravel, also stack to 800, like all the others do :-/
    Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  7. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I think some of Duggin's glassware also does not stack. The house I did for that wedding required 50 of each of the forks, knives, spoons, plates, bowls, cups, cocktail glasses, etc and I remember a lot of stuff did not stack, I had the bride and groom doing Duggin's quests and dropping the stuff on the floor of the house.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  8. Kaitheel Developer

Confirmed. There are many folders of house items that have yet to be gone through, by hand, to catch all of the house items that need to be edited for stacking. It's an ongoing process, unfortunately.

~ Kaitheel
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

By hand?? Oy! No way to check automagically with a program...? :-/

I'd think anything with a "personalizable" program tag and a "house item" tag wouldn't be tapped to stack, but all the other "house items" would? :-/

Uwk
  10. Juraiya Well-Known Member

A lot of statues don't stack. The Firiona Vie statue that was introduced at the last Chrono Portals event doesn't stack, nor do either the Frosted or Dark Frosted Statue of the Sisterhood from Erollisi Day. I think there are a few other non-stackable statues like that.

Minds of Meldrath - the book you get as a reward for one of the Tinkerfest quests - doesn't stack. I imagine that's because it is tagged as "book", and you have to be careful about those. I'm personally not too fussed about that one, since it doesn't count against your house item count (being a book), so they don't have to clog up your inventory the way the statues will.

I hadn't realized you have to go through the database by hand. :eek: I can imagine how mind-numbingly boring that could get after a while.
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Indeed! Hugs and cookies to those responsible for wading through all that! :-/

With something like the Minds of Meldrath book, that's not too bad, but when the Dalron book of pick-up lines don't stack, and you keep getting one after the other each year (going for the other rewards), you really start envisioning stuffing them one by one up his nose (or somewhere...) in retaliation. ;)

Uwk
    Cyrrena, Juraiya and Breanna like this.
  12. Juraiya Well-Known Member

Yeah, well, at least that book doesn't count against furniture count in houses, either. So I usually stick it on a bookshelf somewhere and don't worry about it. But I get what you mean! That Dalron guy, he's just full of himself, isn't he? :D
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

What I like most about that book is how SMALL it gets! If it had white page edges vs. "old worn paperback yellow" edges, it'd be perfect for making the "police box" lettering on a Tardis in the "POLICE Public Call BOX" signs on it...sigh. :-/

Maybe I should put that in the Wishlist thread, since they do seem to read that... ;->

Uwk
    Juraiya, Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  14. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Is there any way we can help with this process? Either making a list here? Or using the census and doing a call for house items?
  15. Kaitheel Developer

The first few times it was being done by systematic checks and changes. You saw how many items were missed and how many of the wrong items were hit. Nope. By hand it is.

~ Kaitheel
    Juraiya, Dude, Cyrrena and 2 others like this.
  16. Kaitheel Developer

I appreciate the offer, but no. Digging through folders to find individual files by player facing names literally adds steps to the process. Hopefully, I'll have another big turn in of stackables for this next GU.

~ Kaitheel
    Juraiya, Dude, Cyrrena and 2 others like this.
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Woot! :D

Thanks so much for all you do for us, Kaitheel! :D

Uwk
    Juraiya, Dude, Cyrrena and 1 other person like this.
  18. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Thank you Kaitheel. I wish we could help you in some way.
  19. Gharyn Well-Known Member

Not trying to derail the thread but this is an issue related to stacking and while we have the attention of the Great and Powerful Dev, Kaitheel, I thought I would bring it up. :>

When the Overclocked Lifestones were made stackable they often unattune themselves and can't be used until you attune them again. This can get you killed.

I was going to suggest removing the attuneable tag but I see there isn't one. I haven't noticed that problem with the Overclocked Manastones but I don't need to use them very often.

So if you get a chance maybe you could have a look into the matter, Kaitheel.

You'll be saving lives. What could be nobler than that?
  20. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Nah, it's not really derailing, since it's a stacking issue, though I was more focused on house items here. :)

Poor Kaitheel; hope he's not the only one on staff looking into all these. :-/

Uwk