Discord

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Dockter, Aug 7, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dockter Well-Known Member

I was banned a long time ago from the Discord server by criticizing a bad update. Are these bans permanent? Is this how DB treats a 15 year player?
  2. Mermut Well-Known Member

Yes. They frequently don't even inform you why you were banned.
    Cyrrena, Breanna and Siren like this.
  3. Bigstomp Member

Last time I was banned they told me it was an accident but, they could not figure out how to unban me, unfortunately if you want to get back on you will probably have to roll a new discord account.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  4. Avithax Well-Known Member

It's more effective to vent frustrations with the game by grabbing a stick and beating on a tree. Negativity is always ignored and sometimes gets you in hot water. Positive criticism goes a lot further especially when done in a humorous tone while cynicism is only about 2% effective.
    ConcealFate, Cyrrena and Dude like this.
  5. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

6. Dockter Well-Known Member

PM sent, I hope I can get some traction with it.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  7. Dockter Well-Known Member

Really hoping for a reply. Thx. Nothing thus far.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  8. Dude Well-Known Member

You might also try Dreamweaver.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  9. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

Dreamweaver is also a good call... I mean, I am also a good call.
    Cyrrena, Dude, Zeddicious and 2 others like this.
  10. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

Probably not the best plan. Better to reach out to me here.
    Cyrrena, Dude, Breanna and 1 other person like this.
  11. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I love it that your talking with use here on the forum , I don't like to have to go to second or third hand social sits, to much lag to much clutter it's so much more convenient to come here .
    Cyrrena, Dude, Svenone and 1 other person like this.
  12. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

dreamweaver: Theoretically everywhere you need me to be.
    Cyrrena, Siren, Dude and 4 others like this.
  13. Zeddicious Well-Known Member

Ohhhhh dream weaver
    I believe you can get me through this ban
    Ohhhhhh dream weaver
    I believe we can reach the discord moddddss

..rumor has it, if you state your request in song form, it goes to the top of the queue. I could be wrong.
    Breanna, Cyrrena, dreamweaver and 2 others like this.
  14. Svenone Well-Known Member

Or even acknowledge that you were even banned. I have been banned twice from the EQ2's Discord channel, and I broke none of their posted rules, but I may have hurt some snowflake's feeling I suppose. /shrug
    Dockter, Cyrrena and Rhodris like this.
  15. Kuulei Well-Known Member

Yeah I read the forum rules and no way the whine I made about them changing the trade skill proc's from trade skill AA Conservation of Mass, Blessed Coldain Prayer Shawl, Sprocket's Blueprint Constructor or Elemental Artisan Toolkit; to not work anymore when crafting expert spells, was against the forum rules.
    With some of the stuff I have heard about being spewed in there in discord, my rant, which I even apologized for after posting it in the trade skill channel, shouldn't have got me banned per the rules.
    But they did anyway.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  16. Dude Well-Known Member

The forum rules are for the forums. The EQ2 Discord server has different, posted rules.
    Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  17. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Hmm. If I were the moderator and you used the term "snowflake" I'd ban you just for that, it's pejorative.
  18. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

Dude is right, there are different rules for the discord server. Once again, regarding discord bans, if you'd like to reach out to me on the forums using a PM we can discuss and I can investigate. But I am also going to lock this thread for now.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.