New gear

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Lain529157, Aug 3, 2019.

1. Lain529157 Member

Dear developers! I loved and love your game. I think it is one of the best in the whole genre. But back in the game with a new addition, I realized that everything is bad. The character is simply physically unable to pass the last addition. Killing Mobs on 7-10 minutes. And it's a gear that you give 110 level. You give a ticket for pumping and equipment, and in the end it is completely useless. Play with him not perhaps initially. It's just disgusting to the players. By purchasing the latest addition it is impossible to play! Thank you and you now know why one of the players is no longer playing in your project! Thank you!
    Obano and Soara2 like this.
  2. Bludd Well-Known Member

you must have hit on a named monster in one of the elementar planar zones. you should maybe follow the storyline (sigline) so you can get big and strong. remember, you are playing in the garden of the gods

don't you have a trial to attend?
    Laaw, Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  3. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

The gear given is weak, the devs expect you to get a set of Master Crafted gear to really progress at the beginning.
    Laaw, Soara2, Cyrrena and 1 other person like this.
  4. Lain529157 Member

And where can I get it? Just issued armor and the one that lies in the box at the beginning of the add-on garbage. Can't you just go through the add-ons? Need to spend time to get equipment and if you succeed then you will be allowed to complement? You just can’t play?
    Obano and Soara2 like this.
  5. Dude Well-Known Member

Earn money to buy it from other players on the broker.
    Laaw, Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  6. Tupperbeast Active Member

Let's just say that the addon shows exactly the flaws and the many mistakes on the devs have made over the last few years.

A few things have already been cleared up such as Resolve Check just for returning or newbies a problem right now where Expert Zones are there to rise as you can not achieve the required levels with matercraft.

One misses a sharp but also straight plan at Daybreak why not back to old roots as Auto Attack still played a role, no one needs Resolve Combart Mitigation or Bulwark let alone unnecessary Ascension spells that can be upgraded in the end more or less by real money only properly

Since the drop rate for mater and scrolls is just too low, here too there are massive bugs in the system.

Let players improve their classes via loot in the zones they are struggling to develop and let the minds of many classes be easy also makes them what they are. Healer Heal, Tank Aggro, Support classes are meant to be group buffets, mages and scoutsare responsible for DPS, back to the Roles is the word you miss.

All the renewals that you brought have finally led to failure and many good players the desire to gamble stolen.

And give new peeps a Chance to get Fervor up to makes a lot difference in DPS if pepps have only around 100 Fervor or 200-300.
    Soara2 likes this.
  7. Lain529157 Member

In general, if you did not play the add-on add-ons, then you are forbidden to play the add-on. Money to buy armor? Play a couple of months and maybe buy at least something. Bad, very bad. Please better play other games, since here they will not allow me to play. But company policy is very strange.
    Soara2 likes this.
  8. Dude Well-Known Member

I don't know what other games you've played, but what you describe is pretty standard for all MMOs. You can't expect to just waltz in with free gear and clear all the content. You have to work your way up to it.
    Mermut, Soara2, Cyrrena and 2 others like this.
  9. Lain529157 Member

In all mmo, when they give you a ticket to upgrade with a new addition, you can go through it. Then why pump up to 110 if you still need to go to the accustomed zones and swing there in order to deserve to go to the new addition. In all games they give with leveling and armor for completing the expansion. GW2, FF14, WOW and others.
    Soara2 likes this.
  10. Dude Well-Known Member

This game is more complex than those, but even in those games you have to upgrade your gear to progress.
    Soara2, Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  11. Bludd Well-Known Member

you can complete the signature line with box gear or quested gear no problem

come play with us and gain some friends and we will pew pew with you, but if you got a bad attitude well that would suck wouldnt it
    Svenone, Laaw, Mermut and 4 others like this.
  12. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Why bother to play any game if all you want to do is walk in do the last thing available and win. Just pay the money and tell everybody you won at <insert random game name here> really nobody is going to care anyway and you will not get brownie points on your resume or CV for it when applying for a job.
  13. Soara2 Well-Known Member

I agree that the handcrafted gear/ freebie gear level gear should be enough to kill trash in a reasonable amount of time. Names I can see, or higher mobs then trash, but certainly agree with the concept that this should be fixed. This was the first expansion I experienced this with, so no I don't think this is an EQ 2 thang. lol. I think this expansion was harder on returning/starting players because of this issue.
    Sure I can make me some MC gear and roll with that to kill the trash in a few seconds, like I already did this on a few of mine to 2 box the rest, but expecting new or returning people to be able to is just not reasonable. I am not returning or new and I want the same thing tbh
    I want more players because it means that I can play this game longer, it will have a healthy population and not die out, maybe more people to meet and make friends with. I think if they fix this small little issue or at least not have it on the expansion coming in November, that would help. Now, back in ToT days, I could group with regular no bells or whistles MC gear, that was nice, but probably asking for too much here.
  14. Kuulei Well-Known Member

Are your spells / combat arts still apprentice? Are you replacing gear, as intended, with the rewards and drops from doing the signature line? I wouldn't expect to run the whole timeline with what you get in the crate. You get rewarded items that are upgrades, pretty early on in the series. There are a couple classes that have difficulty with dps and it's not a matter of being able to get through the timeline, it's just slow until you start upgrading the gear.
    You can always harvest for rares in PoP for spell / combat art upgrades and harvest in CD for rares to make mastercrafted jewelry and armor. If you're on Maj`dul, send a pm or in-game mail to "Kuulei" as I have all the crafters and would be willing to help.
    Cyrrena, Breanna and Dude like this.
  15. Obano Well-Known Member

Entry level itemization was terrible for Chaos Descending. Basically new and returning players need to have friends to carry them through zones for gear to become viable.

It used to be possible to get 5000 potency on experimental reforged Mastercrafted gear at the start of the expansion due to a bug. When they "fixed" the bug breaking into CD content became a total brick wall for new or returning players who missed out on the taking advantage of the bug. Current Mastercrafted is NOT going to help. It is total junk. Stop telling people to use Mastercrafted. It is bad advise and only setting people up to fail.

Best advice is to run the Public Quest for 90 resolve gloom gear. Even if you die you still get the token and other players will kill the boss. Harvest where you can and sell the rares. Use the plat to get 90 resolver jewelry from the auction channel. It is pretty cheap and reasonably priced.

Hopefully itemization is better next expansion and there aren't any major bugs.
    Soara2 and Jabbsi like this.
  16. Jabbsi New Member

I returned in July and have just quit as there is no starting point for running heroics. New or returning players are utterly shafted in CD.

The options are to get into heroics are currently:
    1) Mastercrafted gear - unfortunately many people have told me not to bother as it's been nerfed to the point where it's no longer fit for purpose as a heroic dungeon starter armour.
    2) Merchant gear - this requires tokens which can be gained easily enough but also has a ridiculous status cost. 8m in status for ONE item. I just don't have the status to get equipped and the thought of grinding status is thoroughly off putting.

I couldn't see how I'd progress in CD there are no options, talk about a barrier to entry which is incredibly frustrating. DBG really need to look at this.
    Soara2 and Obano like this.
  17. Obano Well-Known Member

I returned from a 6 year break back in March and it was really difficult to get back into the game due to the itemization brick wall. However I was able to overcome it rather than just quit. I joined a very helpful guild and they guided me along quite a bit and dragged me through zones when they could.

What I recommend is don't bother with the status merchant either. That gear is junk too. Your best bet is to buy loot in the auction channel until you can make the resolve and potency checks.
    Soara2 likes this.
  18. Bludd Well-Known Member

Emboldened 2hander or shield is junk? The 2hander is very good, Obano.
  19. Tangris Well-Known Member

Agreed, I returned in June, and while my "main" is now geared, I have no strength to level up any alts, I do not have the time to do it, I have a job, kids and other activities, I do not have it in me to level up any other toons, and that makes me sad.
    Soara2 likes this.
  20. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I am not a raider and the only gear I had going into CD was what I obtained in PoP and from running groups with friends in PoP. I did not take anything from the lockbox in the lobby in the Great Library. I worked my way through both the Adventure Signature line and the Tradeskill Signature Line by myself with my mercenary. That is where I got my gear.

I did not abuse any experimenting reforging bug, I did not even hear about it until after it was fixed. So stop telling people they cannot do the basic Signature lines without the best gear available because they can. Doing these lines they will get better gear and quite a bit of plat with which they can buy other pieces to supplement what they got doing the Signature Lines. They can do the Tradeskill and Harvesting Dailies and sell the rares and whatnot for even more plat. There are ways if you want to put an hour in here and there. If you want it handed to you on a silver platter, this is not the place for you.