Warlocks

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Forgven, Aug 1, 2019.

1. Forgven New Member

Why are warlocks not given a minion or pet to help them fight NPC's
  2. Leeroy 16 year vet. Forum lurker. Altaholic.

That is a really strange question. I play an inquisitor part of the time. He gets no pet either.
    And this isn't a player support issue.
    If you are having trouble killing stuff: get a mercenary. If you don't have either of the latest 2 expansions, you can purchase the mercenary hiring ability from the marketplace. It's a good investment f you are leveling up. Once you hit level 110, they become less useful (unless a healer merc for cures/heals/rezzes is needed).

Look up mercenaries on the eq2 fandom wiki, for more information.
    Breanna and Dude like this.
  3. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

Most characters don't have fighting pets. That is how it always has been.
    Finora likes this.
  4. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

A warlock's power is enormous noxious damage. Root the thing, then smack the Drunder out of it. Back up a few steps, root again, smack it again. You can hire a mercenary, but unless you have it fully trained and equipped as well or better than yourself, it isn't going to do super well... you will still have to use the root-and-nuke method.
    Hiza, Juraiya, Seefar and 1 other person like this.
  5. Bhayar Well-Known Member

If you want a pet, you'd be better off creating a conjy or a necro. As mentioned, many classes don't have "pets" by intention. You can hire a merc with a different set of skills to assist you, but I find for most of my toons, if I'm properly geared, have my spells up to snuff, etc. hat even a merc isn't necessary most of the time.
    Juraiya likes this.
  6. Degan New Member

Maybe hes looking for a wizard style "pet" that gives u a pittance to something and just floats there?
  7. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Warlocks get nearly-useless "familiars" just like wizards do:
    • Animated Tome: Summon Animated Tome (level 10, Increases Damage Spell Crit Chance of caster by 2.3%)
    • Drake: Summon Drake (level 10, Decrease Reuse Speed of caster by 2.0%)
    • Gargoyle: Summon Gargoyle (level 10, Decrease Hate Gain of caster by 4.0%)
    • Pet Toad: Kraylith's Minor Familiar (level 30 fun spell)
    • Pet Bat: Yreth's Flying Friend (level 40 fun spell)
    • Pet Raven: Erqu's Emissary (level 50 fun spell)
    Breanna and Finora like this.
  8. Finora Well-Known Member

Yup, they do. I was always partial to the raven personally. I never felt I needed a fighting pet.

And like wizards, warlocks can take aa's that beef up their self buff so it doesn't hurt too bad (pre-100 at least) when the roots wear off.

To the OP, it seems you are having some issues soloing, so if you tell people your level, they can give you better advice.

And I might be mistaken, but you sound like you 'might' have come visiting Norrath from another famous World that has a warlock class. If I am correct in my assumption, and you are looking for a class that plays similiarly, you should look into necromancers or conjurers. Warlocks in Norrath are basically noxious spell based wizards, not a pet class.
    Breanna likes this.