SUMMER ROAD TRIP 2019

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Cyrrena, Jul 21, 2019.

1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

And for the record, I love bones, especially skulls. So fascinating! So much you can tell about critters that way! :D

Uwk
    still looking the most forward to Space Camp, though :D
    Cyrrena, Rosyposy and Breanna like this.
  2. Breanna Well-Known Member

yes SPACE CAMP!!!! SPACE CAMP!!!! SPACE CAMP!!!! O have I said SPACE CAMP yet?

And thank you for saving us all Uwk,. There he goes again trying to get away with murder. I wonder if DW is taking note of the way he treats us so he can see for his self that we are not the bad people here. We took Ttobey with us so he could get away, relax and have some fun, I just don't understand why he wants to kill us. We have been nothing but nice to him.
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hmm...he may see it as us dragging him away from work and kidnapping, or gnome-napping him... :-/

Some people; no appreciation for a good jest. We had a stick-in-the-mud female toon in a pen-n-paper game, where all the gals in the party got a Spa Day invite from the grateful city folks we'd saved. We never roleplayed it, but the general consensus was, we'd probably have to talk to her boss to have said boss order her to a specific location...and take the day off once she got there. ;->

Uwk
  4. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

It's not me! You are the ones gawking at a killer space robot! I'm happily sitting here animating.
  5. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

The bus happily chugs along to it's next destination. Space Camp? Only a few hours away. Cruising over a hill, the bus, on no wait! The hill is moving! The bus is in the middle of a rising mountain, It's a Carnivorous Hill Giant and he is 145 feet tall! And what is he holding? It's a giant golf club made from a Giant Sequoia!! The bus luckily falls off his back and lands on all four wheels but the giant has RRRRIPPPPPEDDDD the roof off! He grabbed Cyrrena and stuck her into the ground like a human sized golf tee. Oh no! He just grabbed Breanna and put her on top of Cyrrena's head! What is he doing! He just shouted FORE and is swinging his club! THHHA WHACKKK!!!!! There goes Breanna, it looks like she is flying to the moon! Whoops Rosyposy's next! FORE! There she goes. Looks like she's landing on Mars. That's a real space camp for sure! Now he's taking the bus and running it through the giant golf ball washer! No survivors. Another tragedy on this terrible Thursday.
  6. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

I should write children's books!
  7. SgtPmpkn Well-Known Member

I agree, that was the best short story I have read in a long time.
  8. Geroblue Well-Known Member

No hurricane in the Gulf of Mexico, so it is not a bad Thursday.
  9. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

You are wet enough from the giant golf ball washer.
  10. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Not me, I wouldn't fit. But I am all shook up.

I lived over 30 years in a hurricane zone, now I'm in a near snow zone. Wonderful and I don't like frozen water... unless its part of an ice cream sundae or float.
  11. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Good Morning ROAD TRIPPERS!!!

And what a time we have had!! Thank the Deities, Uwkete knew how to save us from that savage Elvis statue!!! And silly Ttobey has paid no attention to the fact that our Virtual Tour Buses do not chug anywhere, we did not drive from Biloxi to Huntsville, we ported like any good ROAD TRIPPER would do or we would have had to leave much, much earlier!!!!

Its early for lunch, but this is the time that Space Camp has set for our lunch break so I am updating our ROAD TRIP now. Space Camp is great, so many activities. I love the simulators. I of course chose to be in mission control, Gero got to pilot a shuttle, Breanna and Uwkete both did Space Walks, Ttobey, Jim, and Diana his two watchers were on the Space Station, Pixi and Prox were both doing outside repairs on the shuttle, I didn't get to see what Rosy chose but I think she was also a shuttle pilot!!! I am sure I saw Schmet and Caith riding on a moon buggy and Gninja stealthed out of the lunar lander. So far its been an absolutely grand experience. The rest of the afternoon at Space Camp, they are going to have us use their technology to design a futuristic Martian colony!!!!

From 2 pm until 6 pm we can look at the museums and simulators that are in the US Space and Rocket Center like the Saturn V Rocket and they have an Apollo 11 VR Simulator, Apollo: When We Went to the Moon presentation and a lot more. If you want to experience various levels of G Force on your body they have Simulators for that as well.

When the US Space and Rocket Center closes at 6 pm, we will go and check into our Hotel, The Embassy Suites Hotel and Spa - Huntsville.

I have scheduled cocktail hour at 6:30 pm and dinner at 7:30 pm at Below the Radar Brewing Company here in Huntsville. We will port over about 6:20 pm.

All of the spa amenities at the hotel are available until 10 pm. The pool, room service, and the bar are 24 hours.

Alright everybody, lunch is over!!!! Back to Space Camp to design our Futuristic Martian Colony!!!!

*casts the group speed buff, passes out hats to everybody with a Saturn V rocket on top, giggles at Ttobey as Diana puts his hat on him, checks the time delays, and motions for everybody to move on out to Space Camp*

Here we gooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!
  12. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

You probably should write children's books, look how well Goosebumps sells and they have a mobile platform game now making a killing with in app purchases!!!!

After you finish the 1015 mounts we have come up with to fill the 8-12 years until you can retire, you can write the books, just set up one of those little tape recorders and dictate your stories while you happily animate!!!
  13. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

lol ttobey I's love you , remember we made you go on that bus , but we saved you from that tragic fate ,
    good thing that bus was full of house actors we knew your up to something , conjuring up that giant , shish, we were all going on a ride with Geo. porting to our next destination.

Texas has so much to see and do I only got some places, maybe we should bypass the state and save it for a short Fall trip.
    here is my last list of things to see and do.

El Paso:

"Casa de Azucar" 25 years of work by one man created an astonishing work of art .
    "Lhakhang Cultural Exhibit" ( Bhutanese temple)
    This building was used for the 2008 Folk Life Festival and was supposed to get dismantled and thrown away.
    Luckily the building was saved and claimed by the Texas University the parts were send to El Paso and reassembled a view years later on the campus that already sports a collection of buildings of that kind.

"Wylar Tramway" (Ranger Peak , Franlin Mountains) only open on weekends.
    mountain tram or gondola providing stunning views wile hanging from a single steel cable
    go for a hike up the mountain from the top station , more great views and an overlook of the B-36 airplane crash site.
    the wreckage of a crash that killed 9 people on a historic plane still litters the Franklin Mountains.
    You can also hike up to the sight but it takes about 3 hours up and 2 hours back down , not a path for the faint of heart.

" Heco Tanks" near El Paso ( natural water collecting area)rocks covered in thousands of drawings

"Sunland Park " Dinosaur Tracks

"Marfa" : ( small town with lots of interesting sites)

"Hotel Paisano"
    Rock Hudson , Elizabeth Taylor and James Dean stayed here wile shooting the 1955 film " Giant "
    beautiful building , and you can stay in one of the 3 rooms , or at least steal a peak.
    " Building 98 " ( officer's club ) this building features an Old West mural wrapping around the whole big meeting room
    painted by German P.O.Ws.
    "the Wrong Store " artsy shop inside a former church .
    " Marfa Lights " Mysterious orbs float through the desert night . ( spooky )

" Waxahachie " :

" Munster Mansion " Victorian mansion made to appear just as the "Munsters" family home

" Aurora " :

" 1800's Alien Gravesite "
    supposedly an Alien Pilot of an U.F.O. that crashed in the 1800'S was buried here.

ok I lied I need a break , I post the rest later.
  14. Geroblue Well-Known Member

There used to be a drive-in movie theater years ago outside Marfa, Texas. And at night there is something called 'The Marfa Lights', whatever they are. Unsolved.

Gero drives the bus up to a nice shiny portal. It is captioned 'Mars round trip'. And goes in.

And comes out in Valles Marineris. A canyon much bigger than any canyon on Earth.

Oh, retroactively, All Aboard !
  15. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

Now you did it Geo
    also in Marfa or near by
    "Prada Marfa " ( Valentine ) a real little Prada store with the best burglar alarm you can get, after the store was robed of it's real Prada inventory.
    now all shoes are right shoes and the handbags are without bottom .
    this shop is never open for business and is a art project
    A tiny "Target " shop ( Alpine ) the only thing you find inside is sand and small critters .
    this shop was probably inspired by the Prada shop.
    "Presidio County Courthouse " and " Presidio County Museum " well worth seeing wile we are here anyway.
    " Palace Theater "( historic art deco building ) but it was closed since 1970 .
    " Ice Plant Museum " they used to make the ice blocks for ice chests here ( now closed ) but you can see enough by peaking through the window.
    In Marfa we can stay in anything from a Teepee to a entire ranch house , a nice hotel that some movie stars stayed in ,
    or at El Cosmico a souped up campground so plush " Beyoncé " stayed here.
    there is a Marfa Lights viewing Center

the only drive in theater I was able to find is the Apache drive - in ( Tyler )
    they only show xxx movies here .
  16. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

the 1800's Gravesite is in " Aurora "

more places in "Texas "
    College Station :
    " Bottle Cap Alley " alley behind some storage covered with decades of bottle caps , make sure you wear shoes better still , cowboy boots.
    " Century Tree " big tree on the campus of the collage students belief if a pair walks under the tree they will stay together.
    "Reveille Mascot Cemetery"
    " Museum of the American GI"
    and at least 2 vineyards.

Hildalgo :
    "World's Largest Killer Bee" 2.000 pound , lifelike statue of a killer bee.
    "Fort Worth "
    the" Palace Light Bulb " the second longest burning light bulb alight for 117 years.

Paris :

" the Texas Eifel Tower " this one has a cowboy hat on the top
    "Jesus in Cowboy boots " this is a very Texan statue on a grave in a very interesting grave yard.

Herne:
    " Grave in the Road " this is the grave of " Hollie Ta Trell " a black woman who was born into slavery
    when the all black grave yard had to move for the construction of a subdivision the families of the dead were told to move their loved ones.
    Hollies family refused to , so the developer was forced to build the road around the grave , a victory for human rights and the sanctity of burial sites. the single grave has been declared a grave yard even so that only one body rests here .

Schulenburg :
    " Painted Churches of Texas " St Mary Catholic Church considered the most beauty full of the 20 something painted churches in Texas and I agree.

Shamrock :
    " U-Drop Inn " once popular stop along Rout 66 restored to it's former glory.

Denton :
    " Goatman's Bridge " good hair raising ghost story of a specter appearing as a man with goat head.

" Mclean "
    " Devils Rope Museum " everything you ever wanted to know about the history of barb wire includes barb wire sculptures.

Midland :
    " the Petroleum Museum " worlds largest collection of antique oil rigs.

Bartrop :
    "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre Gas Station " watch out or you end up on the menu ( they serve beef and pork , not people )

Comfort :
    " Seashell Graves " of Comfort Cemetary.

Smithville :
    " Giant Luecke Signature " this signature is made out of living trees and so big , it's used by NASA to evaluate satellite imagery.

Seguin :
    " Pape's Nutcracker Museum "

Wheeler:
    " Wheeler Historical Museum " Museum honors " Alan Beam " the fourth man to walk on the moon.

Junction :
    " Deer Horn Tree " a cone - shaped structure made of wire and covered with antlers.

Balmohea :
    " Balmohea State Park Pool : the worlds largest spring fed pool . The pool is 25 feet deep , covers 1.3 acres and holds 3.5 million gallons of water. the temperature stays at 72 to 76 degrees year around. over 15 million gallons of water flow through the pool every day. you can even scuba dive in this pool.

Karnack :
    " Caddo Lake " gorges beauty 25.400 acre of lake and bayou. Spanish moss draped Cypress trees .
    good place for bird watching.

Sonora :
    " Caverns of Sonora " spectacular - looking mineral formations.

Mineral Wells :
    " Mineral Wells Fossil Park " a former land fill , now you can dig up fossils and take them home.

Glen Rose :
    " Dinosaur Valley State Park find dinosaur tracks wile you hike.

and other numerous natural sits.
    I am sure I only gave you an idea how much there is to see in this state.
  17. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Indeed, there is lots more.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Cyrrena like this.
  18. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Oh my!!! I think you are right Schmet, perhaps we should make Texas and Oklahoma maybe a short fall jaunt of a week or maybe a Saturday through a week to the following Sunday? So 8 days? Like a FALL MINI-ROAD TRIP? Perhaps right before NoTD?
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  19. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

That's weird. For some reason I am wearing an over sized gauntlet covered with strange glowing stones. SNAP!
    How odd, all the bus people disappeared to dust. Uh oh, The roomba got them all. The End.
  20. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

owe poor house actors.
    did you notice ttobey is a lot more active on this thread when he was through out all of the spring trip .