SUMMER ROAD TRIP 2019

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Cyrrena, Jul 21, 2019.

1. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

From Uwkete in the RSVP thread:

Dust off the solar panels, take 'em back home with us? Poor things! They deserve a hero's welcome. :)

Uwk
  2. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

From Geroblue in the RSVP thread:

They certainly do !

Is that one of them up ahead ? Good, its the one they shut down, wouldn't want my bunny hat to be shown on camera.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  3. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

From Uwkete in the RSVP thread:

"GASP! Proof of alien life! And they wear silly bunny hats? Or is that another head..."

Uwk
    ;)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  4. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

From Geroblue in the RSVP thread:

Maybe we can sneak up on it, clean it off, and charge the batteries back up.

The bunny hat is on top of my vac suit helmet.

Wait, did we bring snacks ? Maybe we need to Portal back to Earth and get some sodas and snacks.

Yeah, I can just see it now, a Lunar Rolligan, wagon on balloon wheels with doors for vac suit wearers to get on and off the bus/rolligan, pulling up to a drive up window. :)

Oh, if your character doesn't have a vac suit, there is a pressurized room in the back of the rolligan for those without suits.

Aooogah !
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  5. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Egad ! Do I keep replying to the wrong thread... ? I apologize for doing so.
  6. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Good Afternoon ROAD TRIPPERS!!!

Sorry I am late. I had to pop back home for physical therapy and back here. How are we enjoying our first day of the Universal Parks. Which park did everybody choose to go to? Since I had to be late, I decided to go to Universal's Island of Adventure. The boat leaves at 12:30 if anybody wants to come along!!!

I am wearing my Captain Jack Sparrow hat to the Island of Adventure. I saw a bunch of shops there last time, but I only spent a couple of hours there. Today I think I will stay until the boat comes back at 5:30 and then I think I will go back on the 8:30 pm bus after dinner. If anybody would care to join me on the after dinner adventure, your company would be most welcome. I think we can find appearance gear galore as well as house items, my hoard...err furniture collecting sensors are tingling already and I am not even at the dock yet.

I have scheduled cocktail hour tonight in the Crows Nest Pub at 6 pm and dinner in the Captains Table at 7 pm. Seafood and Steak on the menu... as well as an array of nuts and salads and such for our Ratonga friends like Schmet in case she doesn't want seafood or steak. She has been very quiet on this road trip, I hope she is enjoying herself. I picked this little gift up for her this morning when I got back from physical therapy *hands Schmet a small parrot to sit on her shoulder and give her nuzzles on her neck and kisses on her cheek*

*casts the group speed buff, makes sure her Captain Jack Sparrow hat is seated properly and firmly on her head, checks the time delays, and shouts*

All right ROAD TRIPPERS, lets make our first day at Universal a memorable one!!! *motions to anybody that is going to Island of Adventure with her to head out and starts running for the dock* We don't want to be late!!!
  7. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

No worries. I just keep moving everything over here!!
  8. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Temporal shift from Mars to the Docks at Universal.

Arrr ! ( Which sounds funny coming from someone wearing a bunny ears hat. And the space suit. )
  9. Breanna Well-Known Member

I hope the parrot doesn't eat the cuddily Schmet picked up on the last trip. :eek:
  10. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

Come in rocket ship heading to Mars, Come in rocket ship heading to Mars. Over!
    Rocketship Mars, I forgot to stock the rocketship with food and drink. Also there's no reserve oxygen tanks.
    Sorry about that.
    Over!
  11. Breanna Well-Known Member

You so funny! Like you think we couldn't port back and get stuff. Or better yet we just have the Cabana Boys bring it to us.
  12. Geroblue Well-Known Member

My virtual bus can port back and forth. It has a starship in its back pocket. Only problem is, it has a large turning radius. Practically has to go light years off, and then back, to get from planet to planet in the same solar system.

So Mars, then to Vega which is 8 light years away, then to Earth.
  13. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

Oh no The poor travelers are hysterical! They took a left at the black hole and OMG it's a SPACE KRAKEN!!!
    Turn Right Turn Right!! Whoops there they go, eaten by a Space Kraken. What a terrible way to go, way worse than a Sarlacc Pit!
  14. Geroblue Well-Known Member

My imaginary bus can take on black holes, and even space kracken, and use them for fuel.
  15. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

*giggles snarkily* Ttobey you are funny. I am so happy you are having such fun on this road trip!!! I am sure Uwkete can tame this Space Kraken just like the other Kraken and it will become a bartender as well!!!!

Good Afternoon ROAD TRIPPERS!!!

How are you enjoying the Universal Studios Tour? We are only about halfway through, they have stopped for our lunch break, I am glad I booked the deluxe tour instead of the short one like we took last time. This place is great. I guess tomorrow we can come back and do the amusements part. All the rides and the rollercoasters and such. They have that huge Harry Potter area and a huge Minions area, I love the Minions!!!! The Mummy, Men In Black, Transformers, The Simpsons, ET, Shrek, Fast and the Furious, and so many more great things!! Who is with me???

Cocktail hour tonight at 6 pm as usual but tonight I have booked us in the Show Lounge and we are having a special show with Penn and Teller. Dinner at 7:30 pm in the Magical Forest Dinner Theater, they have something special for us, but even I do not know what it is.

After dinner, I plan to go back to Universal Studios if anybody would like to join me. My friends Diana, Jim, and Pattie are going to come along. Some of my other friends will be watchers for our "guests" this evening.

Tomorrow, will be our last day at the Universal Parks, so we can go to any of them we wish to or split the day among them. Whatever we decide to do. Its all so exciting, it will be sad to leave, but we have more exciting places to visit as well!

Saturday morning, we will depart for Margaritaville Resort in Biloxi, Mississippi. We will stay there through Monday night. While in Biloxi, we can visit the Shrimping Museum and the Mardi Gras Museum and the Lighthouse all of these ideas were provided by Geroblue and Schmet, I thought of us staying at Margaritaville. Mardi Gras in Mississipi is vastly different from Mardi Gras in New Orleans.

That gives you a little heads up of our direction of travel for the next few days.

Now lets eat our lunch and continue on our deluxe studio tour!!!

*casts the group speed buff, puts her propeller beanie back on, checks the time delays, and looks over and giggles at Ttobey again*
  16. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Lunch ! I'll take a po'boy, with shrimp, lettuce, tomatoes, sliced onion and bell pepper. With a Barq's root beer. Diet please. And some toasted Nawlins po'boy bread.

How yall are ?

ZZzzzzzzzzzzz... I say zzzzzzz.
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

D'OH! For some odd reason, the "Watch Thread" for this hadn't been turned on, but rest assured, yes, I'd love to go to Epcot, and Universal Studios, and all that other good stuff! Just presume I was there, or perhaps taming the Space Kraken... ;->

Whatever, that's what the Red Buttons are for so I can be in two places at once. :)

(And Ttobey, the Space Kraken says that eating tourists weren't part of his thing [I think he's far more into Oort Cloud dust and things that are easier to filter-feed], but the next time you try sabotaging rockets, he'll be more than happy to have his tentacles act as sling shots and get us back on track again! :D)

Uwk
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Same, only make mine with the onions cooked and CRAB!!! While I like shrimp, there are no finer arthropods for snacking on than Brachyura. :)

Uwk
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  19. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Good Morning ROAD TRIPPERS!!!!

Its Friday!!! Our last day of Universal Parks. I have been at the studios park since 6 am but thought I would pop back for Trippers that did not want to be there at the crack of dawn!!! The Minions area is great, I just cannot get enough of Kevin and Bob!!! I want to find a way to smuggle them out of here with us. Maybe we should smuggle all of the Minions out of here with us, they are always looking for a place to live where they can just be happy. I think that we could set them up in Qeynos Harbor, they love beach life. Although, some of them might be just as happy over in Freeport in their water area behind the Bait and Tackle. I am not a Harry Potter fan *stealths* but for those that are, that area looked cool. The Men in Black area is really cool as well. Those are the only areas I got though this morning so far.

How did you like the Penn and Teller show last night? I thought it was awesome even though I am not much for magic shows, there is just something about Penn and Teller that draws me to them, maybe they are Snarky Wood Elves in disguise? How about that dinner show in the Magic Forest Dinner Theater? I thought it was a wonderful production of Norrath in EQ2 through 15 years and quite special for us. I do hope the videographers got a good film of it so it can go in our remembrances.

I have scheduled cocktail hour tonight at 6 pm at Moose Juice Goose Juice on Universal's Island of Adventure and dinner at 7 pm at Circus McGurkus Café Stoopendus also on Universal's Island of Adventure. This should be fun and exciting!!! The boat leaves at 5 pm or 5:30 pm.

Now, I did find another Universal attraction, that I neglected to read about that we all might be interested in and if so, I can extend our stay here by one more night *crosses fingers*. It is called Universal's City Walk. They have The Toothsome Chocolate Emporium and Savory Feast Kitchen, The Blue Man Group, Live Music Shows, Mini Golf, Karoke, Bob Marley - A Tribute To Freedom, a Ton of Theaters showing a large variety of Universal Films, Hart and Huntington Tattoo Company *grins*, and so much more, lots of shopping, pubs, food. I also missed Universal's Volcano Bay. Volcano Bay is a waterpark but besides the normal slides, they have bumper boats, they have boats where you can water gun fight other boats like pirates *ARGHHHHHH*, boat bars, boat restaurants, lots of water themed activities and more shopping!!!!!! Let me know what you all think!!! I would even be willing to suck it up *grins snarkily* and go to Biloxi on Monday.

Tomorrow morning, we leave for Biloxi, Mississippi where we will be staying at the Margaritaville Resort. Jimmy Buffet holds a special place in my heart as 6 days before my mum died, the last gift she gave me was a Jimmy Buffet CD, so I just could not pass up the opportunity for us to stay there while we explore the museums and Lighthouse and other areas that have been suggested. If anybody has anything else that would be within a reasonable range of Biloxi that we might want to see, chime in now and we will add it to our itinerary.

*Passes out Kevin and/or Bob hats to everybody, casts the group speed buff, checks the time delays, and shouts out* Alright everybody, I am heading back out, who is with me? I am taking over Universal Studios and freeing the Minions!!!!!!!!!!
  20. Geroblue Well-Known Member

chocolate and mini-golf ? Yeeehaaa ! Swap out my bunny hat for a broad brimmed hat so i can eat chocolate and play min-golf in the sun. Gotta watch out for the windmill, that thing might fly off.