Dragonfire is Obviously an EXPLOIT that the Devs Blatantly Choose to Ignore

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Morphius, Jul 13, 2019.

1. Simien Active Member

This right here!! Not much else to say really. 1 year, 2 damage reductions. Move along, nothing to see here.
    Jaden likes this.
  2. Beee Well-Known Member

That's like the actual classbalancing works for the last 3/4 year.

But nobody is listening about overpowerd scouts too ;)
  3. Gelenor Well-Known Member

This! He is salty over being beaten in a heroic parse of short duration. Link your character so we can all see why you should be on top.
    ConcealFate likes this.
  4. Ashandra Well-Known Member

I like it temp up stuff dies fast can log and go to bed earlier.
  5. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

The very title of this thread contradicts itself. If the devs are "blatantly" choosing to do nothing about it, then it's working as intended and not an exploit.
    kingmob23 likes this.
  6. Vunder Well-Known Member

Point is it is still too powerful and it has been for a long time now.

Monks with 90k pot and 200 ferver should not be doing 20-30 billion dps when scouts that have same stats do not. (Talking profession dps, not that ******** as hell ascension crap that ruined the game)
    ConcealFate and Heccie Thump like this.
  7. Revanu Well-Known Member

Lol let the good times roll.
    Hiza, Cyrrena, Blazen and 2 others like this.
  8. Revanu Well-Known Member

Maybe they are just better at the game than you? Or maybe they have higher potency/fervor/Cb? Or maybe you aren’t exploiting hard enough?

I’d love to see you make a thread about how some Assassins are. Please enlighten us.
    Hiza and Cyrrena like this.
  9. Corran Member

So … how are you the TOP dps if this monk is beating you ? that would make you not the top dps but 2nd ..
    Cyrrena likes this.
  10. Dolgrin Active Member

Guess we went all into wrong direction, because we were stucked by "Nerf DF" & "DF Exploit".

But where do we stand?
    Morph is "top dps" in a "top guild". Quoting his own words.

But what do the numbers tell?

Some quick calculations:
    Monk 30-60 bil dps
    -> 10 times more means he does 3-6 bil dps on single heroic named.
    -> This is impressive low, except Morph is a healer... (because of the top blabla stuff)

Monk 30-60 bil dps
    -> 4 times more means he does 7,5-15 bil dps on single heroic named.
    -> This is the dps of a decent T3M raid geared raid scout..

So what are we talking about?
    A decent "wannabe" dps trolling about a good skilled /equiped Monk !

Nothing more to say!
    Blazen and Hiza like this.
  11. Obano Well-Known Member

There is definitely something weird going on with dragonfire. Take a look at this.

[IMG]

I made a monk alt to see what all the fuss was about and what I found changed my opinion on this. Maybe this ability really is bugged and being exploited. It is getting the fighter rune damage applied to the ability and it's dot for unknown reasons.

Dragonfire on its own does not do much damage but all that bonus damage is insane. I doubt this is working as intended. It is doing tremendous damage even on single target getting dozens of hits in just a few seconds. It may have been nerfed twice but it also got stealth buffed by the fighter rune. This is not obvious unless you make a monk to play around with.
  12. Revanu Well-Known Member

The fighter rune does absolutely nothing on dragon fire. This smoke show is a joke like the rest of the QQ monk threads. The whopping 32k threat inc. good lord. The dot in green is from prestige slick. The only application of threat via AA doesn’t even proc the fighter rune. Anything else you’d like to attempt to mislead with while we are on the topic?

Side note, you guys must play with some serious lackluster t1 dps if there is such moaning and groaning over a class that’s been hit multiple times under a year with the nerf bat.. I’d hate to see you get crushed by other tanks but it would be ok cuz they aren’t monks? Let alone properly played sins.

This thread has turned into every other cry now cry later monk hatred spew. Most the information is all faceless speculation and complete and total nonsense.

Please carry on being sad
    Hiza, Blazen, Breanna and 1 other person like this.
  13. Redlight Well-Known Member

OP is definitely giving bad comparisons and such, however, that does not change the fact that this ability has been an issue for about 2 years.

Yes, assassins are great as well right now on the DPS spectrum. However, a monk has tanking tools, heals, etc.. It is common sense that when a non-DPS class is dealing insane amounts of damage without losing the class specific defensive tools, something is messed up. Then, when analyzing what is causing this leads to 1 ability, means that something ridiculous has happened.

Now, with these threads there will always be a few players defending this broken ability by saying that the speculation is faceless for example. These players, by chance, happen to be monks! How sad can it get? When nobody is happy about monks being out of control, besides monks, who defend the ability (who admit in teamspeak, private discord channels etc. that the class is batshit broken!).

Also, I am kind of disappointed in the one who goes over matters like this. There is absolutely nothing that daybreak is making from this, aside from annoyance towards class balance and raiding in general, for, who used to be t1 classes in raids (sorcerers for example).
  14. Obano Well-Known Member

I don't compare myself to other players. I look at my own characters and go from there. So what I want to know is why does my 70k potency alt Monk that I made just two days ago seem more powerful than my 90k potency Bruiser? Class balance should be thing in this game. One class should not be massively disproportional in power to another especially in the same archetype and subclass. Why did raiding Bruisers go extinct? I want an answer and I am not going to be satisfied until I get one.

Just a little test I did but dragonfire triggered over 500 times in less than 2 minutes. That is ridiculous. Monk did over 1 billion damage with apprentice level spells. If I was in a group with buffs and master level spells it would be doing 50 to 100 billion like the OP says. It is for certain a third nerf is the pipeline and then we we'll see which way the wind blows.

[IMG]
  15. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

I'm amazed any of you can slightly defend an ability doing 26% of someone's parse on a raid encounter in the plane of justice.

Abilities should never do more than 10% of someone's parse, but I digress. Maybe i'm just a top raider from a time where people had to try super hard not press a few buffed up profession buttons and ascensions.
    [IMG]
    I've seen quite a few parses, and it always makes me laugh that nearly everyone's parse is like 30% one button right now. Then it seems like 20% procs/generic damage they don't control other than pressing random buttons.
    Hiza and Obano like this.
  16. Mermut Well-Known Member

Quite a few abilities, for many different classes, do more than 10% of their total dps parse.
    Hiza likes this.
  17. Ashandra Well-Known Member

It’s the max ability damage temp and cb temp buffs that really buff stuff on monk like Df just an observation it hits harder then all my toons stuff combined when that’s running .
    Obano likes this.
  18. Dolgrin Active Member

"Do not trust statistics that you did not fake yourself!"

and

"There are liars, goddamn liars and statisticians."
  19. Wimble Active Member

its not an exploit, but is obviously, grotesquely overpowered. I cant believe that most of the people defending it in this thread do so with a straight face. cast time/ recast time / inherent resets from AAs or runes is what people seem to under play when these issues are discussed.
    Obano likes this.
  20. Avithax Well-Known Member

As well as the sale of Popcorn within this thread!