Year of EverQuest: Extra Barding Slot ?

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Geroblue, Jul 17, 2019.

1. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Says it Unlocks a barding slot on a mount.

Armor for one of my mounts ? Or a new mount ?

I'm confused. I do know what barding is, but this game sometimes uses terminology in a different way than what I know from elsewhere.

Thanks.
  2. Bludd Well-Known Member

barding is a certain type of item you can have on your mount. you unlock more up to a point by leveling it, the rest are unlocked by using a special item to unlock the barding slots that are not tied to a level.

barding can be +x potency or +x power etc. it's very nice, but the barding slots unlocked by the unlocker item are tied to that mount and you shouldn't use them on just any mount, but a really good one which you love and will care for (not saying you dont love all your mounts)
  3. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Okay. I haven't used it yet, just needed to know what it meant in this game.
    Breanna likes this.
  4. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I would hold onto it until you level up a mount as far as you can and you cannot unlock any more barding slots by leveling it. You will want to use it on a mount you favor.
    Breanna likes this.
  5. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Okay, will do. Power flickers. Guess I need to log out.
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  6. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Decided to try and level up a merc. The vone you hire out on the sidewalk in Qeynos. Jennis Proudhilt. Says it will take 3 days.

Is that 3 game days ? Or 3 calendar days ? Or something else ? Do I have to log in every day ?

Thanks.
  7. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

3 calendar days (Earth time). No, you don't need to log in every day - the timer keeps going even if you're not online. Each level takes a few days longer than the previous one.
  8. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Thanks. I need to take a break anywho.
  9. Breanna Well-Known Member

Wait till you get to the end of the training they take over a month per level.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  10. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

He is on the SUMMER ROAD TRIP with us, so he is probably going to be busy seeing a lot of cool things.
    Rhodris and Breanna like this.
  11. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Ayup. But I do have more than one account. Up to 6 of them now. Whooosh.
    Cyrrena, Rhodris and Breanna like this.
  12. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Oh boy, you are nearing spreadsheet territory!!!
    Breanna likes this.
  13. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I have two spreadsheets and I keep getting lost anyway. Well, I know where I am... its keeping track of what character is where and what they have accomplished. I know level, craft yes or no, mount, inn, etc.

Columns are off my screen. Ah well, keep on working at it.
    Breanna likes this.