Some math on Summer Ethereal currency

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by Moss, Jun 18, 2019.

1. Moss Well-Known Member

What we know so far:

1 solo + 1 if member
    1 public quest + 1 if member
    4 * 1 expert heroic or event + 4 if member

total 12 per day if you are able to do the public quest, 10 if not

there are 134 days in this year event (without counting double/triple bonus, double coins), same as last year

total doing all quests every day including public quest = 1608 currency
    total doing all quests every day not doing public quest = 1340 currency

there are two ancient crates to buy :

250 for ancient crate [1]
    350 for ancient crate [2]

each armor cost 5 currency and requires 10 + 20 + 40 + 80 + 120 = 270 currencies per armor to level 5 (level 5 bonus is currently only + 20 resolve making it a 110 resolve item)

3 * ( 5 + 270) for all 3 armors level 5

current total needed : 1425 currencies

and we don't know how many currency we will need for wave 2 and 3 items

so if you want everything you will probably need to run almost all quests all day including public quest
    Kitkillem and Breanna like this.
  2. Zeddicious Well-Known Member

and if you're thinking of hoppin over to IoR to snarf up some extra eth coins - they be no-trades, yo.
    Breanna likes this.
  3. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

this also assumes, falsely, that one can/will FULLY succeed at each zone/mission/attempt,...
    Juraiya, Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  4. Kitkillem New Member

I also worked some math to determine that level 5 gear isn’t within reach unless there are some more double currency days.
  5. Alphonsus Well-Known Member

Ancient crate1 (101-110 spells) is garbage with level cap going up in November. So why bother spending coins on it...
  6. Alexstrasza Active Member

How can you fail a zone, they are all tank and spanks.... Also please make your sig longer I don't think its long enough.
    Lateana, Snikkety and Dude like this.
  7. Obano Well-Known Member

I wonder if you can get your coins back by cannibalizing your armor after it has been leveled to 5.

First get 3 armor pieces to level 5. This will flag your account so additional armor pieces can leveled up without tokens. Use the free leveling to make new gear for all your alts and mains. Then cannibalize the original set you leveled with coins to get your coins returned.

The question is: will this be allowed? If allowed It will cut down the total number of coin needed to 830.
  8. Alphonsus Well-Known Member

No,
  9. Melt Actually plays the game

Something to do with him running around with 2 other 40k potency characters, and emoting at the mobs instead of attacking them. Must've gotten lost on the way to AB.
    Arkmarux likes this.
  10. Beee Well-Known Member

easy solution: There are no additional wave 2 and 3 items...
    Dont stress yourself

And in november you can throw the lv 110 ethernal lv 5 armor away because solo lv 120 armor is better.

That's the way a carrot works ;)
  11. Melt Actually plays the game

Because that's totally how ethereals have always worked right? I really do love how I never see any ethereals from any of the previous years being used.

Well, except for the KA/PoP ethereals that are still relevant and one of the best assassins in the game still using a ToT ethereal... just forget about those though.
  12. Hartay Keeper of the Server Hamsters

can you get a stepladder? halflings are very short. :D
  13. Alexstrasza Active Member

Maybe you should read what they say when fully leveled to 5, they will still be used next xpac for a while im guessing, but yea why do research first right instead just come here and speak like you know something.
    Snikkety likes this.
  14. Kitkillem New Member

failing a zone= 2 from your guild show up for the PQ which doesn’t have enough players so it fails
  15. Avithax Well-Known Member

Try playing on IoR. Finding a group for heroics is impossible and if you're lucky you can get 1 successful PQ a week. Not saying I didn't expect this when I chose the server just pointing out that completing every req for max currency every day isn't a possibility for everyone.

And not everyone has access to script or 5 extra accounts to run their own private group.
    Lateana, Kitkillem and Zeddicious like this.