my prestige house searching and final purchases

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Geroblue, Jul 14, 2019.

1. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Thanks ! I did notice a 100 level toon in Isle of Refuge earlier today. And I saw them fly up to the top of the walls. At least I think I did. If so, that means I can eventually get up to the lighthouse.
  2. elflover Well-Known Member

Yes you can get to the lighthouse in the isle but there isn't much to see about it.
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

YESS!!! Woo-hoo! :D

"Come to the alta-holic side of the Force. We have cookies. :D"

Uwk
    Soara2, Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  4. Geroblue Well-Known Member

How do I get up there ? I've been around the entire island. Is flying the only way ?

I have two 27 level characters, and one has the flying mount from the first of this month. Can fly it at 35.
  5. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Maybe virtual ones would be better. My sisters have told me to stop buying a pound of chocolate chip cookies and eatng them over three days. Restraint in indulging they might have said.
  6. elflover Well-Known Member

Thats a yes and no. Yes its easier to get up there by flying..another way is to use in game building blocks..grow them to their largest and pitch them (use the house editor tool the chair next to the arrow and house up top of your screan) get it close to a cliff side and run up. And ta-da! you've made yourself a simple ramp to access the rest of your house.
  7. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Okay, I can do that. Thanks for the info.
    Whew. Only 3 alerts today. A day or so ago I logged in and saw 44 alerts. Egad Za-boing.
  8. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

We have doughnuts and ice cream too!!
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

None of which would help Geroblue... ;->

If need be, we also have crudites! :D

(with Ranch dressing for dip, of course... ;->)

Uwk
    Soara2 and Cyrrena like this.
  10. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I prefer tater tots. They are fries, but in small cylinder shapes. With a very light dusting of grated parmesan cheese. With French's mustard to dip them in. Other brands of mustard just don't work for me.
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

LOL! Telling an American about tater tots is like teaching one's grandma to suck eggs (easy now, you lot; back in the old days, the grandparents were the best babysitters, and it was usually the "gammers" that lived longer, so they'd take the little kids out on foraging expeditions. Women were gatherers, yep: of plants, small mammals/birds/reptiles/amphibians/fish, eggs, etc. "The men hunted mammoths!" Yep, you did; about 1-2x/month at the most. ;->), though I haven't heard of the 'tots with grated Parmesan; sounds yummy! :D

Uwk
    who can do without mustard unless it's mixed with other condiments
    Breanna, Cyrrena and Soara2 like this.
  12. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I got to help my grandmother with her first clothes washer. Round open top tub. Grandpa would put a sheet of plywood on top, with a couple of rocks holding it in place. After it washed the clothes. We drained the water, and added just water for the rinse. Do that again. When done, use the manual wringer and hang them up on the clothes line with wooden clothespins. Repeat.

A year later she and I would go down to the laundromat and spend the day there.
  13. Breanna Well-Known Member

Yea my grandparents raised me and my Grandmama had one of those too. I used to love putting the clothes through the wringer, I thought it was great fun, and she always let me help.
  14. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Had tater tots and hot dogs for supper on Saturday night. Delicious. And a diet soda. I think I finally got used to the flavor of diet sodas, I think.
  15. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

My grandma had one too. We were allowed to help put clothes in the washtub, but she wouldn't allow us to help with the wringer because she was positive we would squish a finger or 3 in it.
  16. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I love tater tots with French's Yellow Mustard. I do not like diet soda, the word diet has DIE in it, and I think that artificial sweetener is a thing that will make people DIE. It used to make my mum pass out. We had to check labels very carefully to make sure there were no artificial sweeteners in things because she would drop like a rock as soon as she put it in her mouth. We found out by accident when she put a Lifesavers candy in her mouth. She loved those and had been eating them for years and they did not put out any notices that they had changed to an artificial sweetener. She always had a roll or two in her purse or pocket and we were lucky that she didn't open the new roll and pop one into her mouth while driving.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  17. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I was told to keep my fingers away.. so at age 5 I tried it. Yup, I hurt myself. Good thing the wringer had a release so she could get my fingers out of there. Had a sitting problem afterwards.
    Jaden, Juraiya, Cyrrena and 2 others like this.
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Gah! Sounds like an allergic reaction. :-/

Any sweetener of any sort that your body recognizes at all (as opposed to, "This is plastic, dude, what are you thinking?") will first start getting dissolved, or at least worked on digestion-wise, in the mouth. That's basically what those enzymes in there are for, primarily. :-/

Were the Lifesavers (ironic name, that...) a mint-flavor vs. a fruit flavor (mints tend to have weirder sweeteners, for some reason, at least in this country)? Was this in Ireland or America? 'Cause some folks might have issues with High Fructose Corn Shi -- er, Syrup, which is about as "natural" as gasoline (corn syrup by itself, and fructose [from fruit, hence the name] by itself, are natural products of the plants, and we've been ingesting them [at least the corn part in the Americas] for thousands, if not millions, of years. Our bodies know what to do with them. They are to HFCS what a tar pit is to gasoline: natural vs. something cooked up in a lab by someone demented). For some damn reason, we love that crapola here and put it in nearly everything, food and drink (could be it's cheaper than real sucrose sugar; not having it in a product is a big advertising point for food "purists"); it's horrible, the human body has no real idea what to do with it. Even sucrose has responsive bits in your body that tell you, "You've had enough of this. Put it down, walk away." HFCS doesn't. Shortly after it went widespread here, we "suddenly" had an obesity and diabetes "epidemic" long before everyone got a personal computer or cable TV in their homes, so it wasn't a sudden lack of exercise. If the Lifesavers suddenly went to that in the US and your family was there, and your mum has issues with it... :-/

I have digestive issues with a lot of the "sugar alcohols" that are supposedly better for diabetics, or something; anything that ends in "-ol" will often put me in the bathroom within a half-hour or less of ingesting it...probably again, digestion starting in the mouth. Two "sugar-free" candies had me Riding the Porcelain Bus (as opposed to Driving the Porcelain Bus, which is hard on the throat, but usually over with faster...) for nearly an hour within about 10-15 minutes of eating them. :-/

Uwk
    Breanna, Cyrrena and Geroblue like this.
  19. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Better a sitting problem than having your entire hand in a cast to help out a broken finger. :-/

Uwk
    who knows about such things... :oops:
    Jaden, Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  20. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I didn't let it get that bad... it was me on the hand crank. But I never did that again.