Coercer's Manaward Abiltiy Is Very Useful Now!

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Gregore, Jul 19, 2019.

1. Gregore Active Member

In the past, I never specced into MW, but one of the two abilities we got with our Epic 2.0 causes MW to give my recipient a huge POT buff for 31.5 sec when I cast it. So I have a group tell macro'd to it, mainly to let the tank, or DPSer, know that they're about to get a nice POT buff for an extended time. Once the recipient pulls a large group of trash mobs/named boss, I hit the MW & it almost always drains all of my power. For every 4PTS of mana drained from me, the recipient get 1PT of POT. I did the math, based off of my mana pool, and I'm giving whoever I put MW on a roughly 3,500 POT buff for 31.5 sec. Plus they're getting that ward for a sec or two before it's used up to proc the POT buff. In the past, I didn't like all my power being drained like that either, but with recent DEV changes to Breeze/Mind's Eye, the power comes back instantly, making MW a perfect tool to use pretty much whenever it comes up. The only downer is if you put MW on yourself, you don't get the POT buff. There's always a tank or DPSer in my group to throw it on. I have a target macro tied to it that I can type that person's name into as well, so I don't have to click on their name in the group window, or their toon to cast it on them.
    I'm not sure how many Coercers out there are actually using MW, but my guess is not very many. It's another nice buff to give us back a little more utility. Now if they would just fix Velocity and make it worth casting, I'd be a happy Coercer. I don't even use it solo as it is now. A buff for multi-attack? Really?!!!! Come on DEVs, make it boost almost anything else but multi-attack! LOL
  2. Mermut Well-Known Member

The ward portion of mana ward is uselessly small.. and that's before you consider bleed through.
    The only reason to take it and use it is for the potency buff to others from your epic 2.0. Just sucks that it requires such a large AA investment. No other class has that kind of AA requirement to use their epic 2.0 abilities.
    Last expac is was kind of messed up that my coercer had to carry mana potions.. because mana ward drained so much of her power should couldn't power feed to get it back.
    The changes to breeze make it not crippling to use
    Breanna likes this.
  3. Shaoli Member

I make a lot decisions about AAs for my guild. Out of all classes I did, coercer was the only one I got real feeling of enjoyment when all the puzzle came together, because you literally get all 350 points spent effectively
  4. Mermut Well-Known Member

I'm not sure I agree... many of the AA expended to get the mana ward aren't useful. Most are just filler required to get further on.
  5. Gregore Active Member

Manaward only cost like one or two AA points. That's not much investment at all TBH. Yeah the ward is a complete joke, but a 3,500+ POT buff for 31.5 sec is pretty nice. It's up a lot too, but forget the recast time. I just mash it whenever it comes up for the most part. It pretty much stays on cooldown for me.
  6. Karsa Active Member

Well hopefully you are etheralist cast Mana ward, drain your power, cast feed-back
  7. Mermut Well-Known Member

There is a requirement to have a certain amount of AA 'above' manaward to get it. If you want another thing on that line of 4, it is more than a mere 1 or 2 AA
  8. Gregore Active Member

Well yes, you do have to spend points above it to be able to buy manaward, but most folks are probably going to spend those AA's above it anyways. I'm now providing a 4,200 POT buff for 31.5 seconds with the power that I currently have on my toon. It's a nice buff for the tank.
  9. Mermut Well-Known Member

Why would you give the buff to a tank rather than a dps?
  10. Gregore Active Member

In order for the recipient of my Manaward to get the biggest POT buff for the 31.5 seconds, they need to take enough damage to consume all of my mana. So casting it on a DPS who's trying to not take damage is most likely not going to be using the spell efficiently. Plus, I'm casting mine on our main tank, a Berserker, who does ridiculous damage, and only gets outparsed on a regular basis by our two Sins. You have me wondering if the Sins may be taking enough AOE/splash damage to also still consume all of my mana. I'll have to test this on the next raid.
  11. Mermut Well-Known Member

It's a ward, not a heal. The size of the ward has zero to do with the damage taken. It's applied all at once and then (minus bleedthrough) it's consumed by incoming damage.
    Breanna likes this.