Daybreak Maintenance - July 16, 2019

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Mepps, Jul 16, 2019.

1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We will perform routine platform maintenance today at 10AM PT. During this maintenance, active sessions will be lost and players will be kicked from servers (players should be able to immediately log back in). We expect this maintenance to last about two hours.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  2. Treyzer New Member

Walked away from computer for like 2 minutes and was kicked off server. Per your message of being able to log right back in, well, no the launcher ain't allowing it......sigh.
  3. Laaw Well-Known Member

account login error so much for getting right back on lol
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  4. Kittybock Well-Known Member

Lol, we thought it was a tad quiet on AB. I got folks to swap, so we could do our coin run. Now, none of us can get in ;) Guess I should have read this post first.
  5. noface New Member

ya told me im login was invalid had to reset my password got that done now tells me there was a error loging in ad to retry 50 times later I come to this . nice one
  6. iphoeh New Member

Well players are NOT able to log right back in, please fix this and how "routine" is this if you just dump this on us during EU primetime on a busy week night without ANY advance notice?
  7. tonyashy New Member

SLR new hamster for sale
  8. Geroblue Well-Known Member

9. AOE1 Well-Known Member

It is allowing toons back in now.

btw, thanks for the heads up DB only your about a day late and a dollar short, imho.
  10. Ra'Gruzgob Well-Known Member

Why you does routine maintenance now (for the second time) at another time? thx
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

"Maintenance Tuesday" = starting at SEVEN am, PST; hence why so many folks were caught completely off-guard by this. :-/

This is not "routine." If it were, it would've started at seven, like all the others, and lasted the typical two hours.

What gives, DBG? The one person who could do this didn't deign to show up until 10? Must be nice... :-/

Uwk
    Bobthebuilder89 likes this.
  12. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Servers do what they please. I kept mine in line by telling the computers I knew where a sledgehammer was stored. New boss liked to have swallowed his coffee cup when he heard me say that.

He demanded I tell him I was joking.

I replied, " I'll answer that question, but not in front of the computers."

Took a few days for him to let that one go. I had no intention of smacking the servers with a sledgehammer, but I wasn't going to say so in front of them.

But it was more to relieve my tension than anything else and he took it the wrong way. Not my servers, so I really wasn't going to do it.
  13. Xianthia Well-Known Member

I read routine with this meaning : performed as part of a regular procedure rather than for a special reason.

Not routine for what is done/expected every week, since that was done and (iirc) was done on time.

It was short notice.
  14. Keltramen New Member

I'm still getting kicked off every minute or two, is this part of the maintenance? If so, when will it be finished because its annoying.
  15. Geroblue Well-Known Member

That was yesterday, the maintenance, shouldn't be today as far as I know.

But it took me a couple of minutes to get in here as captcha was timing out.
  16. Seriously Member

Advance notice? How about it happening EVERY Tuesday? That should be enough for you.

Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  17. Seriously Member

That's due to our LOW population unfortunately :(

18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yep, every Tuesday, like clockwork...AT SEVEN AM, PST. Hence, the confusion of it starting 3 hours late.

Uwk
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  19. Ingerimm Well-Known Member

You guys have to make a difference.

A maintenance of the database or the logins is something completely different so a patch or an update.

On the one hand this is usually done by different institutions, on the other hand, this cannot always summarized on the same period, once from a technical point of view and on the other hand from an organizational point of view.

Not to mention that "this" background maintenance barely noticed. Some were just kicked for a short time and were able to log in again about a minute later.

Better a thorough maintenance on the database, logins, and servers than more lag or unstable connections.

I would prefer that the cause of the massive lag in some of the raid zones would be found and fixed as the servers are always 24/7 without interruption up.

On planned and announced maintenance one can adjust oneself and react accordingly / plan accordingly.
    Cyrrena and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  20. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

All very excellent points...especially that last one. ;->

Uwk
    Cyrrena likes this.