Tinkerfest Feedback & Bugs - 2019

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Jul 2, 2019.

1. Pumpkin Member

2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I hate that when it happens; lag spike hits the forums... :-/

Uwk
    Cyrrena likes this.
  3. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

There's no Skystrider on Test currently (I went to both zones, both NPC tell me it's in the other one)

SS clockworks are at -2206, -164, 484 (Onerock isle)
    TD clockworks are at 2102, 33, -124 (on the coast, south-west of the bridge to Mok Rent)
    Cyrrena and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  4. daicia Well-Known Member

I'm not a Dev, but write a lot of the event info for the Wikia. The TLE servers always have a merchant with limited items to match the ruleset and usually lack the full event, but especially if the zone is not yet open on them. If the full event is on a server, they always explicitly say so, so I'll say no, this means they are not having the full event, just merchants and cogs in those two cities. If the server has that zone by the same time next year, perhaps.
  5. daicia Well-Known Member

Thanks! I'll look there again later today. I tried there last night but didn't find them. I was pretty bleary eyed though, so I am assuming I missed them.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Cyrrena like this.
  6. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Yeah, they're definitely NOT obvious. There's a blue area on the map if you have them activated.
  7. daicia Well-Known Member

It just occurred to me that the MOBS for the first phase of A Clockwork Snafu are called "a bleachbone siren" but the are actually harpies. I am not sure if there's time to change it or how much it matters, but I will assume it will cause frustration with the precision-loving Wikia editors lol. If there's time, have them change it to "a bleachbone harpy" so I can avoid a Talk page..pleeeease?

[IMG]
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yeah, 'cause aren't most sirens the ocean-going gals? :-/

Uwk
    who's nearly drowned more times than can be counted, trying to get "siren" stuff for Lore n Legend requirements...
    Cyrrena, Breanna and daicia like this.
  9. daicia Well-Known Member

Can someone please clarify what the Wikia mentions, but I am not 100% sure is true...

Myron sells the year's new stuff and his gal-pal Tarly sells the stuff from previous years.

I've been away so long I am not sure if this is accurate (did I forget?) and I ran into it today. I want to break out the item list on the Wikia in a way that invites people other than me to update and add more info over the years and clearing this up will help a great deal. If so, I will just note it and we can have one long list.
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yep! Myron sells the latest/greatest recipe books, etc., and Tarly the rest of it, so you can catch up on what you might've missed. :)

Myron also sells pre-made versions of stuff you can make from the new recipe book, so if you're not sure what you're looking at, compare/contrast what's in the book with what's for sale, so you don't wind up getting non-unique things. Denmum has a brilliant summary here. :)

Uwk
  11. daicia Well-Known Member

Thanks!. Uwk! :)
  12. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Additionally, Myron sells the achievement awards that are unlocked from the various Tinkerfest achieves. So he's got all the new stuff (including crafted and buy-only), plus achievement items, like the lightning rods. It makes it WAY easier on us to figure out what is new each year. :D
  13. daicia Well-Known Member

Nice, thanks for clarifying that too! I always love your write ups and your explanation there helps a lot! I decided to deconstruct the wiki-tables and give the items their own page in case I am away for a long period again, so it's easier for the community to update. It's a loooooooooooooooong page--perhaps the longest for items I've ever created. I may need a caffeine IV!
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Thai coffee. Does it every time for me. ;->

Uwk
    Cyrrena and Rosyposy like this.
  15. Kaitheel Developer

No, Steamfont will not be open on Kaladim. The Shiny Tinkerfest Cogs and the TLE merchant for the event will be found in the city of Freeport and Qeynos Capitol District.

~ Kaitheel
  16. Kaitheel Developer

It's part of the harpy naming convention originating in Steamfont, where this coven started.

~ Kaitheel
  17. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I guess this are singing harpies instead or shrieking ones , I like it.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Cyrrena like this.
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Oh, sure, blame the harpies... :D

Uwk
    Cyrrena, Rosyposy and Breanna like this.
  19. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

On making Tinkered Clockwork Brains...it requires Tinkering to make them in the first place, yet I haven't seen any Tinkering skill-ups from making each, like "Your Tinkering has increased by a factor of a mighty 1! Rejoice, for that's the last time for quite awhile you'll see that." Doesn't seem to happen at all for this? :-/

Uwk
    Cyrrena likes this.
  20. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

At last check, skillups can happen on it -- unless you're at your current cap for your level (or you forgot to take tinkering on that alt).
    Cyrrena and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.