Tinkerfest Feedback & Bugs - 2019

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Jul 2, 2019.

1. Kaitheel Developer

Yes, it certainly can! Good suggestion, Whilhelmina.

~ Kaitheel
  2. Kaitheel Developer

Oh, no! I hope you're feeling much better today. Bad headaches are bad, mmmkay.

~ Kaitheel
  3. Kasa Well-Known Member

Thank you!
  4. Kasa Well-Known Member

OK I know what my mistake was....I was really seeing the future this House Pet was always meant to be a Plushie that it's destiny LOL ;) we both knew that! That's my story I am sticking to it! :D
  5. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I don't know , but I thought the 2 pixie boppers are the same model , but to me their coloring looks different .
    I usually don't let my pets run around my house feely so the new ones being a plushy is just fine.
  6. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

Brain not working....um Oh yeah...
    • Thank you for making that bixie pet into a plushie (I struggled with all the pet options in video).
    • The year is wrong for event run dates (still 2018) in your first post of this thread.
    • "Large Iron Fence" places with spikes in ground. I don't think it is issue but not sure if others do.
    • "Hinged Mega Console" is not solid during open state but is solid when closed. Again, not sure if issue for others.
    • Not a Tinkerfest issue but I was looking at the in game calendar during preview video and see that Night of the Dead is listed in both September and October (both the start info and the icons over the days running).
    Awesome stuff!!! OMG the "Ancient Clockwork JVII Plushie" is soooo cute!!! The quest reward plushie "Snafu Clockworker IX" is awesome. I am crossing fingers next year there is a Malfunctioning Snafu Clockworker IX version like the one from Marketplace ("Malfunctioning Clockwork Worker Plushie").
  7. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Is the airship fixed so it doesn't just toss you out anywhere it wants to? I love to ride the airship but when it started tossing me to my death because it was nowhere near the dock it because not so fun.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  8. Kaitheel Developer

• Corrected year of the event dates. Thankfully that was only a typo in this thread, but good catch. Thank you!
    • That's how the art was made. You can move the object up when placing it.
    • I am unaware of any door that is solid when open. I thought this was to not cause a collision issue with players.
    • I am not able to reproduce this. NotD correctly starts on 10/8/19 and concludes on 11/1/19.
    Glad you're enjoying so much of it, Ocarinah!

~ Kaitheel
  9. Kaitheel Developer

Oh, hey!

Chrol reminded me of another change, you should all be aware of. It was made after last year's event, and is on Test currently:

PUBLIC QUEST
    • Hack 'n Slash – Bhoughbh Bhildur should now stand his ground more often than once against any errant electrical discharges.
    I've included this note in my initial post now, too.

~ Kaitheel
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

If the Plushie is the flying wasp/bixie thing, they frequently pause their wings, often just before a lag spike boots you out to at least Character Select. :(

Fluttering does bad things to memory usage. :-/

EDIT: Cool! It's now gonna be a plushie. Excellent! :)

Uwk
    Kasa, Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I didn't know the sky skiff still worked! Or is that only for this quest? :-/

Uwk
    who misses it too, Cy... :(
    Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  12. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

The Sky Skiff never stopped working , the problem is , it drops you of at a random place at the end of your trip.
    I ended up on top of a tree in the middle of the swamps , with the crocks waiting down bellow's hopping to get's the biggest piece of me.
    Or on a rock up in Maj'Dull just not inside the city but outside the powershield that's supposed to keep you inside..
    I's wished that's you would's fall through the world when you fall's down not down to's your death .
    I guess the crew does not know how to doc anymore , so they just hand out parachutes and kick you out of their craft.
  13. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Yes, that was what I was talking about Schmet. I have been booted off before it gets to anyplace with anything to land on resulting in death. I have landed on the rock, and on the trees in the swamps. It has also just gone past the docks and threw me off on the other side with nothing to land on also resulting in death.

I love Tinkerfest though, so if the Skiff kills me, it kills me. I love the new stuff Kaitheel, especially the plushies. You are a man after my own heart making all these plushies!!!! Now if only I could get Ttobey on that same bandwagon for a BROOM MOUNT my world would be PARADISE!!!!
  14. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

For a time the skiff didn't work on Test, probably because both zones weren't open, same being true with boats. Now it works but the coordinates at which it puts you are way off.
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hey, Kaitheel, even if you can't personally do anything to fix the Skiff, could you at least ask, pretty please with whipped jumjum cream on top, if The [Other] Powers could make it so we DON'T DIE IN SINKING SANDS/MAJ'DUL????? Seriously! Every other zone but that one, if you step somewhere where the "walls between the worlds are thin," you don't get killed, you just get blipped to a safer location; in Maj'Dul/Sinking Sands, you die if it's in your OWN HOUSE. >:-/

If this is supposed to be some editorial commentary of Theirs on the setting, it's very tacky. :-/

Uwk
    Cyrrena, Breanna and Rosyposy like this.
  16. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

in Kunark when you use the boat from Common lands or Antonica you also fall through the world , because the server is to slow to catch you on the boat once your done zoning , but you are teleported to the doc where your supposed to be
    well I remember a time where you ended up on the boat in the new zone and had to walk of the ship yourself's , but I take the porting to the doc anytime over being dead.

Kaitheel said you do not need to use the skiff you can simply use the bell and find the right place , the skiff was supposed
    to help low levels to get there safely lol , I don't think's the skiff is save.
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

LOL! Me neither. ;->

But hang on, if this is Sinking Sands, as long as you're careful about not getting too close to the caimans on the beach or too close to the cobras up top at the actual "docks" for the skiff, even low levels should be fine, right?

Uwk
    Cyrrena, Breanna and Rosyposy like this.
  18. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I don't know how the quest was supposed to work but Kaitheel said you can do the quest without the air ship. I have not tried out the new quest yet , so I have to find out where we need to go before I complain .
  19. Kaitheel Developer

Ummm, it is clear there is some confusion.

There is a flying boat. It is named Skystrider. It is the thing that *should* take you between Sinking Sands and Moors.

There is a skiff, at the Sinking Sands launch dock. It is particularly helpful for lowbies who can't fly or leap get where they need to go within Sinking Sands, for the quest.

Neither of these transportation objects is necessary for the quest.

Thank you to all who are testing the content, in game.

~ Kaitheel
  20. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Woot! Thanks. :)

Uwk
    Kasa, Cyrrena and Breanna like this.