Tinkerfest Feedback & Bugs - 2019

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Jul 2, 2019.

1. Kaitheel Developer

Tinkerfest is now active on Test!

Like clockwork, Tinkerfest has returned! Take up your favorite wrench in celebration of all things gnomish, be they metal, combustive, mathematical, experimental, or a combination thereof! Adventures, rewards, buyables and crafted items await you, both new and familiar at Gnomeland Security, your headquarters for all things Tinkerfest, in Steamfont Mountains.

Reports of clockwork activity in both Antonica and The Commonlands continue. But if that’s not your wheelhub, I know for a fact Snafu Fizzbrip at the Dropship Landing Zone in Moors of Ykesha could use some help.

New features for '19!
    • TLE server - Kaladim:
      • A special Tinkerfest themed merchant, a celebrating tinkerer, can be found in the city of Freeport and Qeynos Capitol District.
      • The Shiny Tinkerfest Cog, used as currency to purchase house items and expendables directly from the TLE Tinkerfest merchant, spawn in the city of Freeport and Qeynos Capitol District.
      • In-game mail to announce TLE event.
    • Live servers:
      • New quest
        • A Clockwork Snafu offered by Snafu Fizzbrip in Moors of Ykesha.
      • 9 New Merchant Items sold by Myron in Gnomeland Security, including a new mount, plushie and more!
      • New Tradeskill recipe book, "Tinkerfest Blueprints 11.0" sold by Myron in Gnomeland Security in Steamfont Mountains. The recipes require Shiny Tinkerfest Cog obtained as quest rewards or harvested, and other low level harvestables as components.
    Returning features:
    • In-game mail to announce the event and summarize location of quest givers.
    • Returning achievements:
      • What About Bhoughbh
      • Bits and Baubles
      • Full Metal Domicile
      • Famed Phosphorescence
      • Furiously Fast
      • Gnomachine Too Complicated
    • Previous tinkering recipe books sold by Tarly, Tinkerfest Merchant, in Gnomeland Security in Steamfont Mountains.
      • Tinkerfest Blueprints 1.0 – 10.0
      • Master Tinkerer's Companion Blueprints 1.0
      • Master Tinkerer Blueprints 1.0 – 3.0
    • Returning collections:
      • Tinkered Parts Collection
      • Tinkerer's Extraordinary Toolbelt
    • Returning quests:
      • Hack 'n Slash [public quest] – repeatable
        • Bhoughbh Bhildur should now stand his ground more often than once against any errant electrical discharges.
      • We Can Rebuild - Repeatable, once per year
      • Tinker Bound History - Repeatable, once per year
      • Foray Into Ulterior Mechanica - Repeatable, once per year
      • The Reticent Tinkerer - not repeatable
      • Tinkerfest Cheer - repeatable
      • Friendly Competition - Repeatable, once per year
        • Battleclock components are now only visible during the event.
      • Great Balls of Fire - repeatable
      • The Legend of the Geargobbler - Repeatable, once per year
      • If They Only Had a Brain - Repeatable, once per year
      • Guide Quest: "A Tinkerer's Clockwork Catalog"
      • Guide Quest: "Tome of Tinkering"
    • Aether races participating
      • Aether Racing: Great Divide
      • Aether Racing: Butcherblock
      • Aether Racing: Lavastorm
      • Aether Racing: Tenebrous Tangle
    This event content is currently set to run 07/18/2019 at 12:01 AM PDT until 08/01/2019 at 11:59 PM PDT on the live servers.

Please post any feedback and bugs that you encounter with this event in this thread.

Thank you!

~Kaitheel
  2. Elyria Well-Known Member

YAAAAAAAAAAAAY TINKERFEST:D

*zooms over to Test
  3. Kasa Well-Known Member

House items resize and work fine with the expectation of the Automated Ore Grinder. What I see is inside the machine the grinders disappear and reappear. Also I need a check on the plushie from someone else I am seeing some odd things happen.
  4. Kasa Well-Known Member

Mount works good! As a house item, when placed the leg part goes into the floor but it can be raised up.
  5. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

You cannot even fit the entire item in the preview window without those grinders disappearing.
  6. Kasa Well-Known Member

On the Plushie, pet, tell riddle, trick, scan arent working. There is also a freeze in action occurring (beyond the power down).
  7. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

"A Clockwork Snafu"

Niggly during the initial dialog with Snafu before accepting the quest: "...but look at the egg it held... It's huge!" Normally, when an NPC tells you to look at something, there's actually something to see. In this case, there's no egg in sight, so we're looking at thin air. :D

As I said, niggly. :D

There is also a tendency to overthink his dialog, we've found. You're told that they probably hitched a ride, but you also know they were going after some huge egg, so instead of heading for where they'd land and be likely to hitch a ride, we tend to head for things like the raptor area looking for it, then have to backtrack. (Also, with so many travel means available, we don't wait for the airship, so don't land at those docks.) This isn't necessarily something that needs fixing, just be aware that the SS step has already tripped up more than one tester. :)
  8. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

"We Can Rebuild": I just got stuck inside the zone. My computer overheated and it seems my pet killed one of the needed mobs while I was away. I came back and I'm lacking the bard drop. I wanted to zone out and reset the zone when the timer is up but there is no door that I can find to zone out. (I could port out obviously and had too as you can't reset a zone while in it)

Thanks for the fix on the Battleclock components!

"A Clockwork Snafu": As Niami said, I searched for the egg at the start of the dialog.
    Using the skiff to SS put me around the 0,0,0 point for the zone, aka right below Maj'dul, standing on a rock, so even if both zones are open, it breaks and might need fixing.
    Once I used my evac, the rest was straightforward. I had troubles triggering the harpy around -2200, -164, 367 (and ended up aggroing the next one over).
    Skiff to Moors dropped me at 9.16, -73, 18.11, not far from the Anchor of Bazzuul entrance
  9. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Don't we already have the cognatic bixie bopper in game? Or was it only a house pet maybe.

The rug has a very nice effect.

I have a graphic problem with the Automated Ore Grinder, I have to look at it from a very very close distance to have the central gears show. I had to drop down to high perf because of the heat, but other moving gears show from farther away.
  10. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

The bixie bopper has a quested fluff pet version that's from a quest in GFay.

Yes, the ore grinder has graphics issues unless you're practically on top of it, and the issue can be seen in the item preview window as well, if you try to zoom out enough to get the entire item in the preview window.
  11. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

"Foray Into Ulterior Mechanica" : I got a burnt gnomish object under the console, right by the corner (around -18, 58, -75). It happened on previous years too at times. Could it be moved a tad bit, it's weirdish to have it right under like that.

I checked the bopper, and there's a "a mini-cognatic bixie bopper" which is a house pet from the quest. New one is a house pet too. (Quest reward from [14] Sniffwhistle's Superior Attacker (Greater Faydark), started by Grimply Sniffwhistle in Greater Faydark. \aITEM -1659149740 -830707535:a mini-cognatic bixie bopper\/a )
  12. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

those new items are awesome looking
    Thanks Kaitheel.
  13. Kaitheel Developer

I can't reproduce this issue on any of the plushies I've tested. What plushie are you experiencing this with?

~ Kaitheel
  14. Kaitheel Developer

Ah, this happens on Balanced settings or lower. I've forwarded the issue to Art. Hopefully there is a solution to it.

**Update: Art has fixed the issue internally, but there is no guarantee that the fix will make it to Test or Live in time for the event. The good news is it will auto-magically change once the art files get updated. So, you can use it and place it as you wish. The moving parts will just become more persistent at a later date.

~ Kaitheel
  15. Kaitheel Developer

Oops! Yeah, we already had a house pet of this model. I'll turn this into a plushie (remove pet commands) and adjust the merchant price accordingly. Thank you!

~ Kaitheel
  16. Kasa Well-Known Member

Cognatic Bixie Bopper
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Cyrrena like this.
  17. Kaitheel Developer

I'll see what I can do to add a bit more direction. But notice, there is no need to use the skiff. You can find the damaged clockwork without having used it. It was put in as a way for low level players (who can't fly or leap) to get to the spot.

~ Kaitheel
  18. Kaitheel Developer

Ah, that was a house pet. Though I will be turning it into a plushie, and removing all those commands. Good to know there isn't some other item out there, acting oddly.

~ Kaitheel
  19. Kaitheel Developer

I have no means of changing the Skystrider boat that flies between the zones, but hopefully the edit I'm making to the quest journal will help guide players a bit if that happens to them.

~ Kaitheel
  20. Kasa Well-Known Member

OMG Kaitheel, I am so sorry. I had such a bad headache yesterday, my brain just didn't want to work.