other ways to get Chaos Descending Rares

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by jaxus, May 11, 2019.

1. jaxus New Member

is there anyway to get Chaos Descending Rares other than harvesting?
    I remember last expac, we have an obulus frontier garden which give a chance to give rares every day.
    Soara2 likes this.
  2. Soara2 Well-Known Member

KA plant gives you a choice now between PoP and CD materials
    Cyrrena, Avithax and Breanna like this.
  3. jaxus New Member

how to change the choice to CD materials?
    what is the KA plant name?
  4. Ragna Well-Known Member

An Obulus Frontier Garden gives you a choice between PoP or CD materials when you click it (obviously you need to have the CD Xpack on that account)

Edit : You get between 0 and 4 rare(s) every 24h, average being slightly higher than 1 per day.
    If the RNG hates you and keep giving you rares you have no use of, you could still look on the Broker.
    Cyrrena and Soara2 like this.
  5. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

You very rarely will get a single rare as a reward for the Anchorage missions. Just harvest, or buy them on the broker.
    Cyrrena, Breanna and Soara2 like this.
  6. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

The plant gives you a basket of harvests. You get to choose whether to take PoP or CD materials when you unpack the basket in your inventory.

Easiest way is still to go and harvest yourself though. Or buy on the broker if you have the plat.

If you do the Anchorage public TS quests, you have to harvest in CD areas, and can get rares that way. Still have to harvest though.
    Cyrrena, Laaw, Soara2 and 1 other person like this.
  7. jaxus New Member

Thanks for giving me the most correct answer that there is a bushel of harvest when you click on the plant. Initially i was trying to right click the plant and select CD mats but apparently there is no such option. I thought i have to complete all sig quests before i can choose it. I gave up after trying until i saw your reply thanks
    Soara2, Cyrrena and Rhodris like this.
  8. Soara2 Well-Known Member

The plant comes from Kunark Ascending Crafting line, hence why I called it the KA plant.
    Cyrrena and Avithax like this.
  9. Bhayar Well-Known Member

yes, the plant gives you a choice for harvests, but the choice for rares does not. It stays the same, you click on the plant and it automatically rewards you rares from KA. Regular harvests vary depending on which basket you choose.
    Soara2 and Cyrrena like this.
  10. Soara2 Well-Known Member

I know I have 20 of them and they give you rares from either pop or cd
    Cyrrena, Avithax and Breanna like this.
  11. Soara2 Well-Known Member

Sorry was at work when I previously posted. Ok so you replied that you can not get PoP or CD rares from the plants, just regular harvests. If this was true hon, I would have nothing to put on my brokers. I get rares from the ones that I choose, no not every time, but enough plants and u are sure to get one each day you click them. If you are never getting a CD or PoP rare, your rng is horrid, maybe try to petition after a while of trying. I do not harvest after getting my pack ponies except on my main and test server (there is NO broker life there) to get quest items I need and I am throwing rares on the broker a few times a month on servers where my main is not there (not on test either). They come from the plants. Currently I am only clicking for CD materials, because last year I was getting PoP ones. And if you forget to unpack your basket, you do not get that day's worth of harvests, it will not give you another one if you have one in inventory from yesterday plus it will not give it to you after you unpack it for that day. This stinks, but it's the case. I check it now, to make sure I don't have yesterday's basket in my bags before I click the plant. I hope I explained that right. lol Also, even on test, like I am only harvesting for Proof of Pudding rares atm, which is lvl 40 rares, and I don't have plants on that server so I don't throw anything on broker.

Jaden, Cyrrena, Avithax and 1 other person like this.
  12. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

Yup, what Soara2 said. You can get rares from the basket when you've chosen which of the two harvest levels you want. Casiun root last time I checked the plant.
    Soara2, Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  13. Breanna Well-Known Member

A lot of times I'll get more than one rare too, after opening the basket.
    Soara2, Jaden, Rhodris and 2 others like this.