Look and Feel

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by ttobey, May 6, 2015.

1. Breanna Well-Known Member

Well if you got rid of all the soga models then you'd have time for other stuff LOL saying that cause I really hate the soga models.
    Soara2, Cyrrena, Rhodris and 2 others like this.
  2. Breanna Well-Known Member

Green Acres is the place to be
    Farm living is the life for me

Land spreading out so far and wide
    Keep Manhatten just give me that countryside
    Soara2 and Cyrrena like this.
  3. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Whew... for a second there I thought you were about to sing something about a small world.
    Soara2, Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  4. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I loved Green Acres!!!! Arnold Ziffle, one of the best characters in the show, and they used a sow, not a boar!!!

Tomorrow Gero, we will be *singing* Yo Ho Ho and a Bottle of Rum

SPRING ROAD TRIP UPDATE!!!!

Good Morning ROAD TRIPPERS!!!

*giggles uncontrollably, but makes attempts to stop so she can fill the ROAD TRIPPERS in on the itinerary* That was a good one Breanna, I didn't even think of going to Ttobey's House, maybe we should drop him off at his house after the super secret special final stop? I wondered why there was a kraken tending bar last night, so you tamed him, good job Uwkete! *whispers* Don't mind him Gero, he is cranky sometimes, we might just deliver him directly to his house and you are right, we wouldn't break anything, we are well behaved, most of the time.

Here we are in Kitty Hawk, North Carolina. They have the original "air strip" used by the Wright Brothers cordoned off, its not really an air strip, its more like a large backyard. The house they lived in and the garage they tinkered about with their plans in is about 50 feet away. If you look to the Southeast from here, you can just see the edge where the boardwalks begin, they are within walking distance of here. According to a gentleman I spoke to here at the "Air Strip" there is a guided tour at the Wright Brothers National Aviation Memorial in Kill Devil Hills every hour on the hour, he said it takes about 12 minutes or so to drive there. So if we are there by 2 pm we will be good on our schedule for the day. After the tour, we will port down to Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, so I can see Myrtle Manor. Its a short walk to the beach. So anybody that doesn't want to see Myrtle Manor can have a jaunt to the beach, we meet back at the buses by 4 pm and its off to Panama City, Florida so we can check in to our Virtual 5 Star Resort and relax for the rest of the day and night. Remember full service cocktail hour at 6 pm and dinner at 7 pm.

Tomorrow, we will be going to Shipwreck Island Water Park. Maybe they will have some Othmir and shells since Kitty Hawk has otters? About 3 pm we will be porting to Orlando to check into our Virtual 5 Star Resort and Spa. We will be staying there at least 6 days. So get comfy and feel at home, this time you can actually unpack your clothes a bit!!

Lets have a great Saturday ROAD TRIPPERS!!! Now I am going to wander down to that boardwalk, I smell food, cotton candy and probably fudge and the otters are supposed to be down there as well.
    Soara2 and Rosyposy like this.
  5. Breanna Well-Known Member

Ok here's an oldie see if you guys know this one.

Come and ride this little train as it's going down the tracks to the junction.
    Forget about your fears it is time to relax at the junction

There's a little hotel called the shady rest at the junction
    Cyrrena, Soara2 and Dude like this.
  6. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

Oooh that has to be Petticoat Junction!
  7. Breanna Well-Known Member

And the winner is "drumroll" Rhodris LOL

I love a lot of the old shows, I grew up on :)
    Cyrrena, Soara2, Dude and 1 other person like this.
  8. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Here is an even older show "Hey Kids ! What Time is it !"
    Cyrrena, Soara2 and Breanna like this.
  9. Breanna Well-Known Member

It's Howdy Dudie (sp) time LOL I liked Captain Kangaroo better. And the lady that used to hold up the mirror and tell us she could see us. I forget which one that was.

I remember sitting on my Grandpa's lap and watching Redd Skelton.
  10. Dude Well-Known Member

Romper Room!
  11. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Howdy Doody, and I watched the first Captain Kangaroo show. it was in B&W, only NBC had color cameras back then. Bob Keesham was Clarabell the clown on Howdy Doody Show. The show was doing well, so he asked for a 5 dollar a week raise, they fired him. So he started Capain Kangaroo.

Red Skelton. Milton Berle Texaco Hour ( shows only had one sponser back then), and Ernie Kovacs. Ernie had some of the strangest stuff on his shows.

Before Monday night sports, there was Gillette Razor sponsered Boxing.

Three tv channels, and we walked to school up hill in the snow both ways, in the summer !
    ttobey, Rosyposy, Cyrrena and 2 others like this.
  12. Breanna Well-Known Member

LOL yes we did :D
    Rosyposy, Cyrrena and Soara2 like this.
  13. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Don't forget someone had to stand at the Tele and hold the rabbit ears just right so everybody else could watch it.

SPRING ROAD TRIP UPDATE!!!!

Good Afternoon ROAD TRIPPERS!!!!!

How are you enjoying Shipwreck Island Water Park? I am sure I saw Pixi and Prox wearing Pirate costumes with parrots on their shoulders terroriz...err greeting other guest with "ARGH Me Matey's and Avast ye landlubber, prepare to walk the plank and other friendly Teir'Dal Pirate greetings. I think I saw Gero and Gninja tinkering about with the cannons on the ships as well, they could be in for a BIG surprise later. We still have a couple more hours here before we head on out to Orlando to check in to our Virtual 5 Star Resort and Spa. Remember to get comfy in this one since we will be here a while. Those that wish to, will even have time to port to their homes for time with loved ones for Father's Day.

Tomorrow and Tuesday, Epcot Center, Universal Studios and Universal's Islands of Adventure. We have all inclusive park passes, so you may go to each one as you like. You can go back and forth. We are not roped into spending any certain amount of time at any single one of the parks, except for the Universal Studios Tour which I have scheduled for Tuesday morning at 8:00 it is a 2 hour tour. If we find we want another day here, we have the option to extend our passes for up to 72 hours. So let me know.

Have a great Sunday ROAD TRIPPERS and Happy Father's Day to our Dad ROAD TRIPPERS and to the familial dads of all of our ROAD TRIPPERS.

PS … Schmet, I loved your song!!
    Soara2 and Rosyposy like this.
  14. Breanna Well-Known Member

We invested in tin foil for the rabbit ears LOL worked great.
    Soara2, Cyrrena and Rosyposy like this.
  15. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

we had a giant 10 foot antenna on top of our house , so we could get the 3 tv channels we had .
    when the weather was just right we could even get in the 2 Austrian ones
    and there was only about 6 hours of showtime each day during the week 12 or so on the weekend.
    one of the channels had educational programs they used at school.
    we had only a black and white tv.
    And I lived in the city , so we were and still are more civilized Gero we had to shovel the snow to school and back.
  16. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I was the channel changer for my grandpa.
  17. Hartay Keeper of the Server Hamsters

Awww
    Soara2, Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  18. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

o yea I forgot no remote control.
    You had to get up from your comfy seat and turn up the volume or change the channel , what a chore .
    And in Germany we had no commercials during the show or movie , darn you had to run to the kitchen to get a drink shish how inconsiderate.
    Soara2, Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  19. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

The animator I originally trained with, went to the Howdy Doody show after his Disney run, and redesigned all the characters to how most people remember them. Bob Keeshan was best man in his wedding. Milt wound up being Fletcher the Sketcher on the Howdy Doody show.
    Soara2, Breanna, Geroblue and 2 others like this.
  20. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move