Dive On In... Oceansfull Festival is Back!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Kaitheel, Jun 7, 2019.

1. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

the problem with an illusion you can have for ever but can't take of or it's gone is , you can never use another one, so if you turned yourself into an Othmire you can't change it , ever unless you want to spend another 2 hours next year to find the one you can have at a time or am I wrong about there being a limit of one per character ?
    Cyrrena and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I think you can have more than one of the Oceansfull illusions in your Inventory, like one Othmir and one Ulthork, but you can't wear more than one at a time, I don't think. :-/

Uwk
    Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Especially with the building blocks! :D

Uwk
  4. Momo Well-Known Member

I also wanted to thank for this! It is a very sweet little festival and I have been enjoying myself thoroughly :)
    I love diving for those clams and that sweeet what-do-I-get gifty gifty feeling. I enjoy the Othmir celebrating and I really love the themed items, they are very beautiful and I am sooo happy about that recipe book!

So, just many many thanks for giving me an awseome time, I deeply appreciated it!
  5. Hartay Keeper of the Server Hamsters

Bloop bloop! Make sure to cast your underwater breathing!
    Cyrrena, Siren and Breanna like this.
  6. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

o my , my level 30 froglog coerser jut got eaten by one of those octopuses from the quest.
    o well I can always mentor her down .
    grrr I can't charm anything high enough to kill those things.
    Ok running ( swimming ) away works.
    Cyrrena, Rosyposy and Breanna like this.
  7. Samplesize Member

I too enjoy the in game Holidays...ALL of them. But my problem is this. Spending 3 hrs looting tons of shells and still no recipe( It's getting depressing( I have stacks of everything there is..but no recipes yet. Kind of takes away from the "fun" I'd rather spend a few silver and copper for them. Please...consider people who cannot play that long because they work and this is their "fun"...or those who are disbled and just can't stay to have a "chance" at the recipes that doesn't appear for hours and hours(
    Blazen, Cyrrena, Sharann and 2 others like this.
  8. Sharann Well-Known Member

Oh and I thought it was my usual bad luck... been opening shells for hours and no recipe. This is not really fun anymore indeed o_O:(
    Blazen and Cyrrena like this.
  9. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I know it's a problem , we had the same trouble with the drop rate on the test server I found 5 in a short time on one of my toons what gives o_O.
    try to open up shells on different toon , in different zones I spend 2 hours on one toon did not find a recipe , went on another and got one after 3 shells.
    Don't give up .
    But yea either the recipes should be tradable , the drop rate should be higher or the othmires should sell it.
    Breanna, Rosyposy and Cyrrena like this.
  10. Breanna Well-Known Member

I spent about an hour the other day doing them and got 2. I was on my good luck girl though, she always seems to get more rare's and everything.
    Siren, Xianthia and Dude like this.
  11. Siren Well-Known Member

My longstanding wizzie main on Skyfire is like that, too. :cool:
    Breanna likes this.
  12. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

got recipe on 3 servers only 4 more to go, than I only have to do the quests about 60 times.
    Breanna and Rosyposy like this.
  13. Jaden Well-Known Member

I love, love, love most all the holiday events/happenings too Momo! I am returning from a good while ago, okay, a LONG time ago in Norrath ha ha! Went to check this ocean festival out on my lowbie character along the CL coastline - fun gifts in the clam shells! I wonder though, are there not any kind of actual quests or other things aside from swimming underwater to look for clams? I haven't found any other details online as yet, so thought I'd ask in here. Thanks!
    Breanna and Rosyposy like this.
  14. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

this is a quest we only got the second year now, If you read Kaitheel's post at the beginning of this thread , you will see that indead there are 2 quests.
    one is in Commonland down by the doc , the other is in Greater Faydark at the beach look for the Othmire.
    There is also a collection , you have to go to at least 3 different zones to complete it
    And yes id you like some unique building blocks of moving water you can find a recipe too :)
    Be patient it's rare
    Jaden, Breanna and Rosyposy like this.
  15. outlawundercover New Member

is there a reason why after doing Binn's quest to help Miaw i no longer find any clam shells or anything to collect with oceans full festival?
  16. Faelan Active Member

Talk about timing! I came back after a very long break, and rolled a new character to get back up to speed (and build a character concept I had while I was a way). I didn't know about this festival, but whaddayaknow, only one day after I get my new Character his fishbone earring, this festival starts! I like it, simple and fun, no overly long quests to get items, just a light, relaxing side event. It's a nice thing to come back to!
    GrunEQ, Breanna and Rosyposy like this.
  17. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

there is a reason there are so sparkly any shells , look around you people forget there are all those other zones they can go to
    to many people do the quest and stay around to get the shells, move to a different zone
    I will regret this but go to the great divide and out to the Icy finger and dive down , way down , way , way down east of the giant turtle. Just look for the Othmire.
    you will find a flat landscape with so many shells , that they respahn by the time you picked up the ones that were there when you arrived.

And yes "Faelan" this festival came out last year and we soon will get the Fire Festival this is more of the same , only this time the loot is really hot or turned to charcoal.

And for all of you festival lovers and decorators if your new or returning , for the last 2 years we also got
    the days of summer quest line
    Go to Sundered Frontier and find the panda he still offeres you the 2 quests and you can get some housing items and even a prestige home for each year.
    And if your over level 90 some gear and addornments .
    Just do some window shopping at his little buddy next to him.

wile I am here thanks Kaitheel for fixing the drop rate for the illusions . At least I have gotten several already.
    Jaden and Breanna like this.
  18. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

I am very discouraged regarding getting the recipes on live - I've opened around 500 shells on 4 different toons now, and have found exactly one (1) recipe book - on my secondary account. Three of the toons who have participated are on my primary account where my main carpenter is - you know, the one who needs the recipes!
    Please, Kaitheel, either make the recipes tradeable or increase the drop rate! (Available on a merchant would be nice, too.)
    Breanna likes this.
  19. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

anyways if anybody want's to know more about any festival look up Niami Den Mother she has lot's of info and always put's
    out a website with a nice story and pictures of all new loot (eq2.eqtraders.com.)
    we still have time, Rosyposy I still have to find some for my characters.
    O fire festival is up on Test. and we get a recipe here too this one is on a merchant.
    GrunEQ, Jaden, Rosyposy and 1 other person like this.
  20. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

correction there are building blocks for sale on the merchant , no recipe.
    Breanna likes this.