Raid Encounter / Zone Laggs horrible

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Hellfiren, Jun 6, 2019.

1. Hellfiren Well-Known Member

Hello

I dont know how long the devs are seeking for the facts of the massive lags, sepecily in Raid Zones , but i pray they will find it until next addon.

Today we tryed to kill the Ragraxx T3 Version , all our requiered stats to kill it are more than in goodstanding, but the massive lags made it nearly unplayable.

1 Tankbuff cant be casted in order because anouncement is done and lag made buff not hit the mob or cant be casted at the right time.:confused::mad:

2 Noone of us was able to hit a spell one time and it does whats its sopposed to do klick and run we had frozen cast bars or need to hit a butten 3 times or more until it starts casting.
    For me as a slow casting mage class warlock it was not passible to cast any chain which is needed to do DPS.
    :confused::mad:

3 Our Healers arent able to cure as fast as pos for cure all the incoming dots we got.:(:confused:

4 At least the scouts have massiv lags too, our Assassin said thier was no chance to finnish chain and succed from fatal followup , scouts are fast casters and if they are complaining about lags you could figgure out what lags slow casting classes like mages or healers like Defiler / Mystic are having.;):mad::mad:

In My opinion thier was much more DPS possible on my Warlock then what i was able to do with the massive Lags we had , its realy frustrating for me as AOE DD to have a mob you could ROCK with DPS and you are cut of by a thing like a massive lagg or issuse you cant do anything against your own.
    I realy like my Warlock its my main since i started to Play EQ2 many years ago, but at the moment its not fun to play it.:eek::mad::confused:
    The Massive Lags avoid me from doing my Job which is DPS, because i cant cast any DPS Chain if i need to hit a button 3times or more until something happens and if a spell was started i need to make sure its done until i can cast the next.
    Its nesseccary to cast spell after spell as fast as possible, becuase nearly ever Spell succeds from the one casted before , by the way as a Warlok i need to hold up my fervorchain by casting its trigger spells during the fight but lags made it a mission impossible, because i cant time it correctly.:(:(:confused:

Helfiren
    Beee and Soara2 like this.
  2. Beee Well-Known Member

Ragraxx is awfull - even shorthanded which should be much better

example: I get the message for klicking a Stone, so my next action is clicking a stone
    it needs for about 10 seconds (feels much more) until the stone is used
    Time can be checked on looking how often the Cures hits you
    Councilman Iniupe's Blind's Eye hits YOU occures
    in most cases it's 10+ for me caused of the lag

When spamclicking Stone (just for testing) i very often get a message "recovering" even if it's not used for a while or not in use

This mob is not hard, it's just a pain and no fun
    Kuulei likes this.
  3. Mermut Well-Known Member

It feels like the 'lag monster' is a part of that encounter's strat ;)
  4. Gninja Developer

It's been an interesting process trying to figure out what specifically is causing the lag in this case. I am still trying to get it identified. I have not given up.
    Beee, Siren, Dude and 1 other person like this.
  5. Enimo New Member

You could always update your servers
  6. Dude Well-Known Member

Have you tried turning it off and turning it back on? :rolleyes:
    Kuulei, Rhodris and Breanna like this.
  7. Dolgrin Active Member

Maybe a problem with the Internet?
    Kuulei likes this.
  8. dirgenoobforreal Well-Known Member

Have you not been getting raid lag reports for more than a decade by now? If you haven't ill like to report network lag for most raid encounters on Thurgadin since 2009.
  9. Dolgrin Active Member

To be constructive:

Is the lag client- or serverside?
    If the lag is clientside, can you provide some analysis tools (with full NDA and the rest of disclosing tada)?

I guess there are tons of Software developers and testers outside, to be proud to help you!
  10. Beee Well-Known Member

The bahavior is very very strange - and in my opinion a mixture of toothed EQ2 mechanic and other selfmade limitiation like a buffer for low end users

I have *sometimes* heavy lag on a super fast computer with superfast big connection in shorthanded fights. It seems not to depend on single mobs (like Reef) but occures almost every fight on Ragrax too.

Not easy to find with a very very big equipment range (from Gigabit to small WLAN.. same for computers) a satisfying way for all, but I'm sure Daybreak tries to fix it.

Remember: The lag last for a very very long time.. and even
    /combat_filter 1 did not really help five years ago
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq2/index.php?threads/the-combat_filter-command-and-you.553928/
    Gninja likes this.
  11. Drona Well-Known Member

When we lag in raids, pretty much everyone in the raid lags so this can't be a client side issue. This lag is "new" in that I have not experienced this kind of systematic lag in the previous expansions. My guess its a server side issue mostly related to bug in the encounter scripts themselves as the lags are consistently noticeable on certain encounters than others but of course I have seen the whole zone lag as well.

I guess part of the issue could be related to the large number values the servers are dealing with. Some mob HP numbers are insane and don't even fit in 32bit numbers, an overflow here or there could make the servers goes crazy. Who knows but its guess from my part....