Oceansfull Feedback & Bugs - 2019

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, May 23, 2019.

1. Kaitheel Developer

Oceansfull is active on Test!

For generations, we othmir have been giving thanks to Prexus at this time of year for all he provides, above and beneath the waves. Know that if you find any of us celebrating along the oceans' edge, like myself in Greater Faydark, or Binn in the Commonlands, you are welcome to join us. I'd also encourage you to search the waters nearby for evidence of his generosity.

New Features for '19!
    • TLE servers
      • Kaladim – No participation
    • Live servers
      • Clam Shell Game has 17 new items, including a building block set recipe scroll!
      • New Quests
        • Shell or High Water offered by Binn in The Commonlands
        • Beach Party Brawl offered by Kippy in Greater Faydark

Returning Features:
    • in-game mail to announce the event and summarize location of quest givers.
    • Oceansfull Celebrators are found dancing, and setting off fireworks along the coast in 11 different zones.
    • Clam Shell Game - Players open clam shells found off shore in areas of the world where Oceansfull Celebrators are found to obtain prizes.
    • "Sacraments of the Deep" event collection

This event content is currently set to run 06/06/2019 at 12:01 AM PT until 06/18/2018 at 11:59 PM PT on the live servers.

Please post any feedback and bugs that you encounter with this event in this thread.

Thank you!

~Kaitheel
  2. Kasa Well-Known Member

All house items crafted, looted and quest rewards work fine and resize ok.
    Is the texture map on the Gold Conch Shell missing or is this the look as intended?
  3. Kasa Well-Known Member

The two weapon appearance slot items, and the Illusion are all working good.
    Everything is so beautiful, thank you and the team for this wonderful treat!
    :)
  4. Elyria Well-Known Member

everything worked fine for me as well...love the new items, especially the Siren's Pearlescent Shell:D

I <3 OTHMIR
  5. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Hoped to make a feedback when I get everything but it's already 2am so...

Quests were nice and easy. My pet one-shotted everything killable (110 played conjuror), so I'll try with Blanchette tomorrow who is in crate-stuff to double-check.

Gift box link is \aITEM -391221430 -1677658119 0 0 0:[an Oceansfull Festival Gift]\/a
    I'm a bit surprised we don't get the old stuff back but just a couple. What we get back are the best there was in my opinion, but it feels weird nonetheless. The marids are great! I'm still fishing for the recipe but got most of everything so far (missing 3 items from the crate).
    I'll publish my usual opera house when I'm done (tomorrow hopefully)

Congrats Kaitheel, it's very nice!

IG mail is perfect!
  6. elflover Well-Known Member

I've only been able to get 16 of the 17 items . so far I've collected 160 shell items.

I've only got 5 of last years items. Which are :
    Swimming Othmir Shellcracker Plushie x11
    Mounted Ship's Wheel x12
    Lodizal Plushie x5
    Whirling Water Basin x8
    Oceanfull Wise Othmir Illusion x1

New Items:
    1. Moving Water Spray Building Blocks x2
    2. Nautilus Shell Shield x3
    3. Siren's Ensnaring Staff x5
    4. Ocean's Floor Dias x6
    5. Aqueous Sentinel Plushie x6
    6. Aqueous Temptation x8
    7. Siren's Pearlescent Shell x17
    8. Closed Clam Shell x11
    9. Marid Tide Hunter Plushie x9
    10. Seafoam Nereid Plushie x9
    11. Sea Foam Brain Coral x7
    12. Explorers on the Waves x9
    13. Behemoth Nautilus Shell x12
    14. Marid Lagoon Hunter Plushie x11
    15. Sunset Sponge Coral x4
    16. Sand Pincer x3

So questions are : What am I am missing from new items or is this it? And are we getting all of last years items as well or is it limited to those 5? Or did I not collect enough?

Btw loving all the new items very nice.
  7. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

You are missing the Oceanfull Ulthork Bonepriest illusion.

According to the gift box, it's only 5 returning and 17 new from the shells.

I'm missing the crab plushie and Ulthork illusion. But if it's like last year, illusions should be rare.
  8. elflover Well-Known Member

The crab isnt a plushie..its a house pet:/
    Ok not too worried now knowing its just illusion Im missing.
  9. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

{flails} Of course, this went in the day I was without internet/phone from noon until now. Thank you to those who have been testing this. I'll poke a little tonight, then tackle it more seriously tomorrow.
  10. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Just for everyone's awareness: the "Behemoth Nautilus Shell" looks just like "Gift of Nipik's Haven", except the default size is larger (and, of course, it doesn't have the port on it). This isn't necessarily a bad thing, since the port shell is a crafting quest reward, and thus isn't as common. It is more a "hey, if you run up and click on a shell and it doesn't port you, be sure you're clicking on the right shell" sort of thing :D

Both shrink down very small, which is also wonderful.
  11. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Can we remove the heirloom tag on the Nautilus Shell Shield, perchance? The anchors from last year, and the staff from this year are fully tradeable, but the shield is not.
  12. Kaitheel Developer

Yeah, I thought it would be great to get a big list of new stuff, but I didn't want to glut the gift box with just as many old as new, since that would make the chances of getting the new stuff slimmer. It is my intention that the items will get switched out and rotated around a bit each year, with plenty of new stuff too.

~ Kaitheel
  13. Kaitheel Developer

Absolutely!

~ Kaitheel
  14. Kaitheel Developer

I'm very glad that you're all enjoying the items and the new quests! Many of the items were pulled from player suggestions, particularly the plushies. So, once again, thank you all for helping to make these events as good as you!

~ Kaitheel
  15. Kaitheel Developer

I just checked this on Test to confirm, and yes that's the intended art. I know it lost some of the details in the goldification (That's a word. Who said it wasn't?), so I understand why you were wondering.

~ Kaitheel
    Hartsmith, Febrith, Cyrrena and 6 others like this.
  16. Kasa Well-Known Member

ROFL! I love that word!
    Hartsmith, Kaitheel, Cyrrena and 3 others like this.
  17. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

ok spring break is over back to work.
    Came over on a rocket ship to make it to the test server.
    I test this really quick than back to those caves .

oh my goodness this stuff is gorges :)
    I love those new building blocks that is really different .
    and all those new shells and the plushies and the pet
    This is so appropriate for our last expansion.
    lol love that underwater shinie .:D

thank you so very much Kaitheel.
    I guess Kaladim will have to do without me for a little wile.
  18. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

At first I thought something was broken because I only got new stuff, then I checked the box and understood. Before testing, it had me worried when I read "17 new items" and I was like "oh, but how many of the old stuff will we have to get to actually get all the new ones". It's much better the way you did it I think.
    One possibility, during future years, might be to give specific boxes in each zone, to get old and new stuff at the same time.
    Hartsmith, Elyria, Cyrrena and 4 others like this.
  19. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Gift box? :-/

According to Denmum on Traders, there's 6 returning items, unless I'm counting the images wrong (entirely possible -- oh, wait; the Wise Othmir Illusion has TWO images; never mind... :confused:)?

Lodizal Plushie
    Mounted Ship's Wheel (meh; would've preferred the Floor-based one; you can always hide the mounting, but Wall and Ceiling items get cranky :-/)
    Oceansfull Wise Othmir Illusion (which, indeed, has two different appearances/images, depending on the wearer's gender)
    Swimming Othmir Shellcracker Plushie
    Whirling Water Basin (THANKS, Kaitheel!!! Still need these! :D)

Uwk
    who bows to Whihelmina's wisdom :)
  20. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Like with Santa Glug? :)

Uwk