New raiding Warden has AA questions under Druid tree

Discussion in 'Priests' started by VivoDivo, May 21, 2019.

1. VivoDivo Member

I've noticed that a lot of raiding Wardens put points into Intelligence line in Druid tree, rather than Strength. Would be grateful for help with questions below:

Stormcaller's Control -- says "increases base damage of SPELLS" -- what about combat arts?

Infusion -- this will cast AOE magic damage every time I heal. So at beginning of fight when I'm healing tank, do I really want to be doing AOE damage at the same time? Or, is the damage so insignificant that it will not affect aggro?

Stormcaller's Renewal -- says "on a hostile SPELL cast" it may heal -- once again, does this apply to Combat Arts?

One more question for now... should I put points into Serene Symbol or are there other classes in raid who will be dispelling?

Thanks everyone
  2. Mermut Well-Known Member

Stormcaller's Control works on the melee art conversions.
    Infusion: it's solid damage, but it's not going to pull aggro off anybody by itself. It's good free bonus dps that doesn't take any extra time or effort.
    Stormcaller's Renewal: This one works ONLY on spells. I don't waste points it on myself, but I have the above two.

I DO take the strength tree. I know some wardens have started playing ranged, like furies, but so much of the warden 'extras' are short range and melee and since CAs take much less time to cast than spells.. I still melee on my raid warden except on the rare fights where I'm forced to be ranged.
    Raff, Satara, Bhayar and 2 others like this.
  3. Arielle Nightshade Well-Known Member

Serene Symbol is pretty beefy: can peel stuff off like an SK's damage shield. But it's completely situational. If you are going to be raiding, and aren't sure, talk with your raid leader or class lead (if you have one) for advice. They'll know.
  4. Mermut Well-Known Member

Unless the mob explicitly requires a priest dispel (as opposed to a mage dispel) I find there are better places to put my AA.. since mages get the dispel automatically and a raid is going to have multiples.
    Dude likes this.