Any news on anything?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Pantherist, May 18, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pantherist Member

I feel like there hasn't been a thing mentioned about live servers since last year. What's going on? Are we getting summer eths this year? We are half way through the xpac and it feels like all efforts are trying on TLE.

Can we get some sort of announcement of where we are headed? Or is that still unknown?
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Soara2 like this.
  2. Mermut Well-Known Member

Apparently hints are sometimes dribbled out in discord, but the MO for a while has been to tell us little or nothing about future plans on the forums or anywhere else official :(
  3. dirgenoobforreal Well-Known Member

Rumours have it that there will be some sort of stat squish and ascensions will slowly be outphased starting with the next GU.

I personally think the "stat squish" will be some sort of new stat coming in the next expansion.
    Soara2 and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  4. NrthnStar5 Well-Known Member

Interesting.... I guess we shall find out eventually.
  5. Pantherist Member

I really hate discord. Same 10 fanboys that occupy 90% of the chatter and DBG who bans people for not being fanboys and apparently puts out partial news there.
    Bekkr, kingmob23, Soara2 and 9 others like this.
  6. Alarra Well-Known Member

Well our community manager is finding new employment, so maybe the next one will give us more things to talk about.
  7. ConcealFate Well-Known Member

phase out ascensions.....and then....just have HP, MP, strength, dexterity, wisdom, etc etc and a couple resists...poison, fire, cold etc. .......................no more potency, resolve, 2xcrits, overcaps of anything.......maybe have a couple diff stats for the different classes...xtra mit and block for gear that only tanks could take advantage of and use. Not a complete plan by any means, just suggestions...but some kind of simplification needs to happen. The gates just continue to add on over and over
  8. Alarra Well-Known Member

Still too many stats.
    my take would be the following:
    1. HP
    2. MP
    3. Primary Attribute
    4. Avoidence
    5. Physical Mitigation
    6. Magical Resistance
    7. Melee Attack (Autoattack Damage)
    8. Magic Attack (Combat Art/Spells Damage)
    9. Magical Flurry (Magic Attack Multiplier, ie spell double attack/flurry/multi-attack)
    10. Melee Attack Speed (haste)
    11. Magic Attack Speed (Reuse/Casting/Recovery)
    12. Accuracy (spell and melee)
    13. Resolve (insert tier gating stat cos they will want one)
    Squished for you.
  9. Alarra Well-Known Member

Generally they make announcement here more than the forrums:
    https://www.everquest2.com/home
  10. Obano Well-Known Member

I don't have a problem with the current way stats work in the game. In some ways the game is the most fun it has ever been. What makes the game confusing is all these different runes, adorns, and weapon leveling nonsense. Why can't a weapon just be a weapon like back in the old days. Adorns used to be something a little extra with the key word being little. It is probably why TLE appeals to such a large portion of the community. No adorns means more time for adventuring and less time wasted grinding up junk for adorns. What the game really needs is less chores to do.

P.S. Could someone please PM me a link to the DBG discord.
  11. Evguenil62 Well-Known Member

It would be nice to find a Mystical Portal that can send you to a new place where all your existing attributes are reduced to almost zero. Can our champions survive in a such horrific place? :)

It does not have to be the only new region in next expansion, but perhaps as a sub-branch to see if it is going to be accepted by community.
  12. Alarra Well-Known Member

You are pretty much thinking of Proving Grounds
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone, Soara2 and Beee like this.
  13. Eradani Well-Known Member

by stat squish do they mean less different stats or the stats are less?

on the current iteration of the TLE they've sent a (somewhat glitchy) script through the gear so that T1 MC is +2, T2 is +4, ..... and all the other gear drops are sort of in line with that. However, and a big however, I've been hardly wearing any MC because the x0 Treasured is better. For instance, T2 MC is +4 but the level 10 Treasured stuff dropping off "nameds" in DLW is +6 and there's more resists - especially on the jewelry. they also removed ALL blue stats from gear, at least on Nagafen 2.0, idk about Kaladim.

one thing about the resists on gear - it's all +30 resists, and not specific resists like +30 elemental resist - so there's a stat crunch like there is with +6 Primary Stats instead of +6 Wis
  14. Flightrisk Well-Known Member

obano said,
    I agree, one of the chief enjoyments I get out of playing on Kalidim is the lack of babysitting all those adornments.
    -
    adornments were added in the live game and became a HUGE player issue , instead of just enjoying the stat boosts you could get from what was easily available , players proceeded to torment themselves (and anyone wanting to group with them) obtaining nearly unobtainable adorns in duplicate if they could ... like watching an exhausted person tormenting themselves with a snooze alarm for an hour ... its terrible. and whats worse if you try to stop it ..they get mad at you.
    -
    I don't mind the currant stat set up outside of the ascensions and adornments ( i hate those damn ascensions , and as noted above not a fan of self torturing for just one more adornment), though all the numbers have gotten so large as to be mind boggling , kicking all the mobs stats and our stats to match back by 50% wouldn't be a bad thing I think and would get some room to grow , again.
  15. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I think they got burned by announcing details of upcoming content too soon in the past. It's better to under-promise and over-deliver. A LOT of people were pretty salty that PoP came out without the tradeskill content, which followed along months later.

If I were an advertising-adverse person like Holly, I guess I'd tell you about new release content after its been coded, just to make sure what I was promising really is what was being released.
  16. Gillymann Abusive Relationships Aren't Healthy. J S.

Sort of like saying experience potions will not be available on Nagafen, then decide to make experience potions available on Nagafen on launch.
  17. Kander Developer

There will be some news soon. Summer ethereal stuff. More. Soon tm.
  18. Svenone Well-Known Member

"Soon tm"...So anything from later today to 2 years from now? IMO, Soon is a relative term, and doesn't really tell us anything at all.
    Soara2 likes this.
  19. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

That's the point. Things have been happening "Soon(tm)" since 1999. Never commit to specifics.
  20. Drona Well-Known Member

Summer ethereal confirmed with today's patch :p
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.