Chat Channels not working

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by elflover, May 9, 2019.

1. elflover Well-Known Member

I am still having chat channels issues. Im not getting custom chat channels or even auctions. Just guild, gen, group, and private chats. Was there any way to fix this?
    Soara2 likes this.
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

What server?

I assume you have done the easy stuff like rebooting your computer and using the Launchpad Advanced Tools button (with the crossed hammer and wrench) then having it Validate yoiur files?
    Soara2 and Breanna like this.
  3. elflover Well-Known Member

Yes I have and im not the only one. I know some people dont post here but several others have asked me in tells. And its on Skyfire..im not having these issues on Md or Ab.
  4. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

Yes. Only Skyfire is having the problem. None of my toons on Sky can enter the Homeshow chat. Maj'Dul, AB and Thurgadin are fine. ( well. . I didn't actually log into Thurgadin. . . but I figured it was just Skyfire with the problem since all other servers were ok.)
  5. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

When this is happening widely across a server, your best bet is to get into Discord and let the devs know.

Next best is to create a Support Ticket asking the GMs to please notify the folks responsible for VC and the servers.
    Soara2 likes this.
  6. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

*bumping problem still exists as of last night*
  7. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

THIS IS STILL NOT WORKING EVEN AFTER TODAY'S PATCH. WHAT GIVES??
  8. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Well, this is the Player Support forum, which other players see and try to help with. Devs may or more likely may not see stuff here.

I know you did a /bug report. The problem could be:

(1) No one at DBG has been able to reproduce the bug. If you can't reproduce it, you can't figure out what needs fixing.
    (2) There have been more urgent bugs that they had to work on first.
    (3) Etc.

Try a /petition, with as much detail as possible. You might also ask a dev in Discord.
    Breanna likes this.
  9. Dude Well-Known Member

Looks a whole lot like the General Gameplay Discussion forum. :p
    Rhodris and Breanna like this.
  10. Kawoosh Well-Known Member

It's on their Real Soon Now list.
    • DirectX 9.0c
    • g:/
    • Links to Sony.com
    • Mercenary healing/reviving
    • Server lag and zoning
    • Voice Chat
    • ad nauseum
    The one where one issue took over four years to fix, while another took almost two years. And another ...
    Of course the source is Daybreak under-hiring.

I'd be tempted to say this is a job requiring wrangling by the community manager. But ... well ...
  11. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

It can't be a computer problem since it is affecting EVERYONE on Skyfire. It is a server problem. It is only affecting the Skyfire server. Thurgadin, Antonia Bayle, Maj Dul and the others are all UNAFFFECTED. JUST SKYFIRE
    This is not going to bode well for our next upcoming Houseing event if NO ONE CAN TALK!
    I am really tired of being the one complaining . . . but this is ridiculous. I have now put in 3 bug fixes. I have said something about it on both homeshow and general on Discord and gotten nowhere. The DECORATORS ON SKYFIRE have to UNITE and say something about it too because my voice alone is like nails on a chalkboard now. ANNOYING. They would rather swat me like a fly that fix anything.
    Breanna likes this.
  12. Faeonara Well-Known Member

I have also bugged it and spoken out on discord about it and posted on the forum here about it as well . I have also heard that test server has had troubles as well as far as chatting on homeshow So though Skyfire seems to be the only regular server affected we are not alone apparently ,
    Breanna likes this.
  13. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I posted the three active threads about the problem to the Community Council to make CERTAIN the devs were aware.
    Rosyposy, Faeonara and Breanna like this.
  14. Faeonara Well-Known Member

Gninja replied to a post I made on the look and feel forum to let me know that the devs are aware of it and are looking into it He hopes we might have good news soon .
    Quiarrah and Sigrdrifa like this.