Dirge Guide for 95+?

Discussion in 'Scouts' started by Tangris, May 16, 2019.

1. Tangris Well-Known Member

I did a lot of searching and do not find any recent guides for 95-110 for dirges, anyone know of one?
    Thanks.
  2. Kicks New Member

There are no guides on the net that are up to date. What do you want to know?
    Tangris likes this.
  3. Tangris Well-Known Member

I am 96 and leveling up to 110 to relearn the class, I am looking for proper rotation, what buffs we should have up etc.....

Thanks in advance.
  4. Swansong New Member

Everything. LoL. Is there an older guide that would cut it for a few days? No idea how much it has changed over the years.
  5. Kicks New Member

First off I'm by no means an expert when it comes to playing a dirge. I have a dirge alt but here is what I make out of this class.

The class is pretty straight foward. The benefit of a dirge for a group is mainly more crit bonus,cb overcap, slightly more fervor, fervor for combat arts and if specced a strong mana regen. Concerts used to be important but nowadays concerts show up in the parse in the range of mediocre damage procs. Since good concerts used to have a huge impact on fights dirges used to focus on recording good concerts and play them afterwards. I kept this habit allthough concerts really are not what the used to be. But it is kind of fun to compare concerts of different dirges in a raid.;)

Dirges get 2 epic 2.0 buffs
    Anthem of Battle (adds uncontested parry to Jael's Mysterious Mettle)
    Anthem of War (crit bonus and cb overcap for the group) -short time buff

In my opinion worthless buffs
    Bria's Inspiring Balad (Mana Regen) - uses 1 concentration slot and the regen is nothing to write home about -> worthless
    Death's door - damage proc that used to be good and now you have to scroll down in the parse to even see it. Uses 1 concentration slot is pretty much worthless
    Noxious Symphony - increases Noxious resistance by about 2000 with resistances at about 800,000 not that great - uses 1 concentration slot and is pretty much worthless

good buffs or buffs that are okay
    Riana's Relentless Tune - increases Fervor of combat arts for the group and increases damage of ca's if specced via AA - good buff, no concentration slot, so use it
    Dexterous Sonata - fervor for profession abilities (I think that includes spells and ca's) and if specced via AA crit bonus and cd overcap for the group - good buff and no concentraton slot, so use it
    Luck of the dirge - increases trigger percentage of spells and cas for the whole group - good buff, no concentration slot, specced via AA
    March of Blades - Self buff, no concentration slot, so use it
    Harl's Rousing Tune - raises Strength, Agility, Crit Bonus and CB Overcap - 1 concentration slot
    Songster's Luck - increases weapon skills for the group, if specced via AA als CB Overcap and Accuracy - okay buff - 1 concentration slot
    Percussion of Stone - can trigger a stone skin for the whole group - okay buff - 1 concentration slot
    Jael's Mysterious Mettle - increases contested parry for the group and if specced via AA also physical mitigation - 1 concentration slot
    Fortissimo - crit bonus for group, specced via AA - no concentration slot
    Battle cry - single buff - increases potency by a small amount and gives a proc to hit cas for maximum damage - no concentration slot
    Hyran's Seething Sonata - single buff - increases aggression and hate gain (the tank buff) - 1 concentration slot

So I end up using all my 5 concentration slots and with the buffs mentioned above. The tank buff is situational and when it is not needed I buff something else instead like Recapture as an Etheralist

Keep in mind that some buffs and some additional effects on the buffs mentioned above are from your AA tree.

The prestige tree leaves you with the decision to either spec for a really good mana regen for your whole group (left side) or an open AoE which when specced heals your group (right side). I put points in both sides but it depends on your playstyle and your personal preference for what you spec here. On the right side there is also the possibility to shorten the recast of Rhythmic Overture and Concerto.

A buff you want to keep up as often as you can is Cacophony of blades. It buffs crit bonus for the whole raid and if you have 2 dirges in your raid you can keep the buff up all the time and you want to do that.

Of course there are addiotional buffs you want to use from your ascension abilities.

Playstyle
    Everybody has his own playstyle but as a rule of thumb that everybody will agree on you want to buff up before you start recording. Meaning you use all your short time buffs, then start the concert and hit your hard hitting spells or combat arts. Ascension spells will work with concerts so use them when recording.

Ascension Class
    What ascension class to pick depends on your playstyle. DPS wise Etheralist and Elementalist are pretty hard hitting, but I've also seen Thaumaturgists with high DPS. Geomancer is from what I heard more support less DPS. When chosing elementalist keep in mind that only the first tic of a dot is recorded in your concert.

That's pretty much it