Account has been disabled

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Wess, Apr 30, 2019.

1. Wess New Member

Have not played in ages. Seems like I have acquired a few usernames over the years. I have one that I cannot access states "Account has been disabled" How do I fix that? Anyone?
  2. Gninja Developer

You will need to contact Customer Service.
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  3. Wess New Member

Yes sir, just did. Read the forum post below mine. thanks.
    Soara2 likes this.
  4. Wess New Member

Ok, so I got the following....

Today at 13:17

Hello,

The account(s) in question were closed due to one or more chargebacks.

Chargebacks not resolved within a reasonable amount of time will result in permanent account closure and a purge of the personal information on the account.

Unfortunately, we are no longer able to recover the account.

Not sure about the chargeback thing, definitely not the case, did not happen. After reading about chargebacks and EQ2 today it looks like this game was/is plagued by these? hacked possibly? Honestly i'm not to concerned about the account, It was more about reminiscing than anything, again it's been many years since I logged in that account, way before Daybreak.
    Moving forward, I do have a couple questions that now bothers me just a bit. I should have waited on this ticket to come back i guess before playing.
    Question one: How does this effect this account now? I still have accounts on EQ2 tied to this email. Not sure why all of them did not get banned honestly. Is this going to cause me issues on this account "threw Steam" tied to that same email?
    Question Two: I bought some stuff last night, which I would not have done had I read this first honestly. So..... How do I know this isn't going to happen again next week? Don't bother with the chargeback response, did not happen. I have never had a game that deleted my main account, any account for that matter. Even my UO accounts are still intact LOL. So what kind of protection do I have moving forward that this won't happen again?
    Not mad or upset, just very legitimate concern.
    Juraiya, Soara2 and Rosyposy like this.
  5. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Well just guessing here as I have never encountered this issue myself, but I would think that keeping that response you received that states "Chargebacks not resolved within a reasonable amount of time will result in permanent account closure and a purge of the personal information on the account". I would respond back to that response and note that you never did any chargebacks but you would like clarification for your peace of mind going forward what exactly is Daybreak Games policy and what does Daybreak Games term a reasonable amount of time, especially since there is no way to contact Daybreak Games via phone support, so you are going to have to /petition and wait for a response thus eating some time off the "reasonable" amount of time. Get it in writing.

If this occurred under SOE, it is quite possible it happened during one of the GREAT HACKS and if SOE purged everything, DBG would not have even received the account info.

I am sorry this happened to you. I hope you get responses that make you feel comfortable staying and playing with us.
    Rosyposy, Feara, Dude and 2 others like this.
  6. Wess New Member

Thank you very much for the response Cyrrena.

I decided to just leave it alone.
    The response was very matter of fact "your account is gone" .She wasn't mean or anything, simply nothing she could do. so really not much can be done anyway. I never delete my emails, only email I ever had (besides work), went back to 2010, no email about account or chargeback. You are probably correct, pre-Daybreak Games.
    On another note, playing the game and we are having an absolute blast. Forgot how fun this was.
    Rosyposy, Juraiya, Feara and 3 others like this.
  7. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I am glad you are having fun, that is what this is all about. But if you are still concerned about this, please do contact them and ask for clarification on what would be considered a "reasonable" period of time.

I know during one of the GREAT HACKS, my original account was compromised and they took everything including all of my /claims. Nothing was ever returned to me by SOE despite their claims that everybody would get everything returned that was taken, they even took all my armor. The only thing they left and I still have it is a complete set of is troglodyte flesh armor which you bought for D.I.R.T.Y. money with LU49.
    Breanna and Feara like this.