How Can I Find Out, In Advance, When Guide Quests Will Be Offered?

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Almee, Apr 30, 2019.

1. Almee Well-Known Member

I have been wanting to get the guide quests, Axe and Ye Shall Receive, and the Newsies one, on the Maj'Dul server, but I always seem to miss them. Is there someplace where these quests are normally announced, in advance, so we can get our characters in place to receive the quests? And why isn't there an updated forum for the quests? I've checked the EverQuest II Guide Events forum, and the only one I see, for 2019, is on Kaladim.
    Soara2 and Elyria like this.
  2. Melkior Well-Known Member

There's no sure fire way to know in most cases. You can however go to the forum and request those, even suggest times you will be on. They don't always respond on the forums, but they often take those requests and appear shortly after. I've had good luck with that in the past, hopefully you will too.
    Soara2, Soara, Cyrrena and 1 other person like this.
  3. Elyria Well-Known Member

also, i think your looking at the start date on the left there...on the right you can see when the last message was:). A lot of times they do give advance warning...
    Soara2, Soara and Cyrrena like this.
  4. Almee Well-Known Member

Yes, Elyria, I was looking at the wrong date. I checked again and saw I missed two guide events over the weekend <sigh>. Oh well, one of these days...
    Soara2, Soara and Feara like this.
  5. ConcealFate Well-Known Member

sometimes they are listed on the guide event forum and sometimes they aren't. Plus it seems like most of the guides are from California and in turn the events fall on times that are inconvenient during the week and during regular work hours for most people. The newsies and other big reward quests do happen in the evenings or weekends occasionally , just have to wait for them to pop up while your on.
    Soara2, Soara, Elyria and 1 other person like this.
  6. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

You can go look at the Maj'Dul Guide Forum. (You can get to the guides for other servers from there as well).
    Soara2, Soara, Elyria and 2 others like this.
  7. Feara Well-Known Member

Years ago it took me 4-5 months before I was able to obtain this quest and that was coming to the Forums watching and requesting. Back then there was a Guide Forum to boot. I love the Guides don't get me wrong but I so wanted there to be an NPC as the questgiver then.
    Soara2, Soara, Cyrrena and 1 other person like this.
  8. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

There is STILL a guide forum.
    Soara2, Soara, Rosyposy and 1 other person like this.
  9. Feara Well-Known Member

Thank you Sigrdrifa for pointing this out twice but my reference is to when they were located here on these Forums. We sure did have some good ones then that I miss.
    Soara2 and Soara like this.