Character Creation Screen Lighting Question

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by ForeverRaynning, Apr 26, 2019.

1. ForeverRaynning Member

Hello!

So, within the character creation screen, when customising your race's features, there seems to be two different views (and no, I am not referring to alternate appearance). There main one, of your character in the library, where you can zoom in and rotate and all that. Then, above the customisation sliders... there's a window, with the characters bust view in, with different lighting, this image can also be rotated.

My question is - which is the most accurate, which best displays how the character will look in game, the main screen seems to have a very harsh light, compared to the window's.

Hope this makes sense and thanks in advance!
    Soara2 likes this.
  2. Feara Well-Known Member

I have found the main screen to be the most accurate for the hair color but not the skin tone. If you have already created a toon and what to tweak them you can always purchase a Makeover in the game for next to nothing.
    Soara2, Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  3. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

just as a slight FYI, much of what is seen is for the player's benefit only.
    i.e.
    if someone has /cutemode enabled, then THEY see everyone running around with misshapen heads and tiny bodies.
    if another has their v2.0 models selected for your race, THEY see everyone of that race in that format.
    which, btw, would require one to switch to v2.0, adjust their appearance to suit, then switch back; lest everyone see you in a the generic template everyone gets initially. (learned this when customizing house actors, and commenting how "x" feature looked, only to receive quizzical responses stating they did not see that feature; turns out they were running v2.0 models for that race, I was not.)
    [this used to be under LaunchPad/Crossed Wrench button/Game Configuration/ and check the boxes for the different models for whichever race; I am unable to find it there now,.... anyone know where these can be selected/deselected at?]
  4. ForeverRaynning Member

Its just under Options --> Character models I believe :)
    I'll be sure to remember to customise my Char's alternate appearance too.

Thank you! At least the hair colour is more accurate there then, the skin colour difference is quite drastic... Luckily I have her pre-set saved so I can always delete and alter skin colour if it really is bad.
    Rosyposy, Soara2, Cyrrena and 3 others like this.
  5. Soara2 Well-Known Member

You are all required to have female human checked so that my characters look good to you
    Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr and Breanna like this.
  6. Breanna Well-Known Member

Ditto Soara2 I didn't even bother to set up my alternate appearance I don't like the way they look.
    Rhodris and Soara2 like this.
  7. Soara2 Well-Known Member

Same. They look too much like reality. Lol
    Breanna likes this.