Tanking

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Vashaar, Apr 24, 2019.

1. Vashaar Member

So, all you experienced EQ2 players, I need your knowledge. Let's say I am a returning player who has a desire to finally learn to be a tank. I decide the best place to do this is the Kaldim server and level with the other noobies. I prefer Qeynos side so SK is out. What class is now the prefered tank? I want to be able to not only tank for guild, but pugs that need tanks also. Thank-you for any help you can provide.
  2. Feara Well-Known Member

I have never played a tank but I have followed many into battle. I highly respect a good tank.

For the first time ever I am thinking about playing one or two. I'm going with a Paladin and a Monk.
    Soara2 and Frogwarp like this.
  3. Frogwarp New Member

Paladin and Monk on the live/TLE servers. Classic Guardian on TLE.
    Soara2 and Blazen like this.
  4. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I would try Paladin and Guardian both and see which you prefer. Make one and then ask a guild person, ask someone in Court of the Blood Rose if they would ask in their Court chat which is better. You will probably make some friends, you could join the Court as well if you wish.
    Breanna and Soara2 like this.
  5. Benj Well-Known Member

I've played a Paladin as my main since day one, and I think it's a great class to tank with. Even when I was a bit undergeared I could still run with a solo healer. My guild raids with a Guardian as main tank and places me as an off-tank. I would pick one of those two classes since they both have very high survivability.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  6. Arielle Nightshade Well-Known Member

I have a small Paladin and have had a lot of success with 'I'm learning to tank, suggestions appreciated'. I had a healer in a group that had tanked on a Paladin for years (in pretty much all situations, instance, raid, etc) and it was like getting a Tanking master class at the same time helping them level the healer.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  7. Vunder Well-Known Member

If you ever want to raid, Guardian. Consistently been the best tank. Not always easy to play, bu talways the best.