What healer help

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Rayven storm, Nov 24, 2018.

1. Songwind Member

Of course I did not mean it seriously. My point is both the DPS and Heal parse can be useful. Heck just look at the cures to see if somebody needs reminders that they are suppose to cure. You can also use those same DPS and Heal parses to see if somebody is slacking or whatever and in forming groups.
  2. Arielle Nightshade Well-Known Member

THISSSS.

When the game mechanics read wards first, reactives second and direct heals third, it stands to reason that the person casting the wards is going to look really good on the parse, if you are focusing on it. IMO, heal parse is best used to see which abilities are helping the most so you can enact rotation changes or at least be knowledgeable about what you are doing.

I want to look at the heal parse to see if who I think I'm healing is who I'm actually healing (as with group heals/wards), I want to look at cures to make sure I'm doing my share as I can, and I want to see if there's anything I need to improve. If, as a shaman, I'm congratulating myself on my huge heal parse and feeling good about it, it's kind of misplaced.

A heal parse is how much you were able to heal that encounter, not how much you are ultimately able to heal FOR.
    quisling and Mermut like this.
  3. Arielle Nightshade Well-Known Member

A DPS'er is only limited by how much they can do during any given encounter...gear, ability etc. If math shows your character able to do..say...40M dps on something and you don't do that close to every time, then you are slacking.

A healer's heal parse is read by how much they have the opportunity to heal for. If I am warding a really well geared tank on middle to easy content, they may use up the ward over the period it's on them, and not need any other heals. The heal parse will show me as Top Healer in the encounter and any other healer left in the dust - if you are judging the heal parse the same way as a DPS parse.

The Warden I'm grouped with, if healing solo, heals for quite a lot - but if the tank only takes as much damage as my ward blocks, the Warden isn't going to show up as 'uber' on the heal parse. Viewing it in that way is really demoralizing for any healer that isn't a shaman, and isn't fair. "Wow, Arielle healed for 80 billion, but Joe only did 2..wtf, Joe??" is not an accurate assessment.
    quisling and Mermut like this.
  4. Earar Well-Known Member

Heal parse is only good when solo healing to see how much u can effectively heal.

Now everytime a healer isn’t healer, he should buff/debuff dps.

As any class a healer’s job is to kill mob as fast as possible and healing in between, when needed. The fact that we can dps through or tank is even more an incentive to dps.
    A good healer is a healer that keeps the group alive and stay close on the dps parse.

Overhealing is useless, overwarding also. Dps isn’t
  5. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Looking at number of cures can be instructive, too. If the mages are outcuring you, then you need to step up your cure game.
    Breanna likes this.
  6. Arielle Nightshade Well-Known Member

As much as I'd love to be close on the dps parse, if I'm playing a Defiler, you are only going to see my wards and cures. I can DPS my heart out and it's still a math problem, not an ability problem.
    Rosyposy likes this.
  7. Earar Well-Known Member

If the tank doesn't eat the full ward, it's no use to refresh it before the 30sec duration .. so it means u can dps for almost 25 sec without warding. (counting the 5 sec casting here).
    Also most of the defiler's damage is DoTs, so u still continue to damage the mob while warding. And when done, u refresh yoru DoTs.

priests shouldn't have the dps lvl of other classes .. but the more u damage, the shorter the fight is, the less group members take damage so your job to protect them is a success.
    Arielle Nightshade likes this.
  8. Earar Well-Known Member

if mages are outcuring you, yes u should change class.

now I love how people always take what I say litteraly.

I don't pretend u shouldn't heal/cure. I don't pretend u shouldn't check heal/cure parses but it's also tricky.

warden + shaman .. sure warden HPS will be low. so instead of wasting mana for useless HoTs that won't be used, the warden should use its time/mana to help kill the mobs

Have a high ping ? when u may be outcured by the other healer that has better ping. Also druid/inqui should be better curer than the other 3 but ping matters a lot.
  9. Drona Well-Known Member

I see healers name in the parse these days. They can go toe to toe with what I call T2 DPS classes. Most (50% to 60%) of their DPS comes from their Ascension spells so all healers can DPS, even defilers. However this requires, they upgrade their Ascensions spells pass apprentice! One of our wardens with master+ Ascensions comes in top 5 while being the MT healer!
  10. Arielle Nightshade Well-Known Member

Do you see Defilers doing T2 DPS on single target mobs? (Not being snitty or sarcastic, genuinely curious)
  11. Earar Well-Known Member

Yep i had a defiler in guild who could do great dps.

As me on warden he thought it was fun to beat dps classes during fights.
  12. Drona Well-Known Member

Yes definitely I see a few who can do T2 DPS or even better provided they have upgraded their Ascensions spells.
  13. Mermut Well-Known Member

DPS these days (for most classes) is all about ascension and who gets the best buffs.