FIX CLASS Balance

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Disastrous, Apr 23, 2019.

1. Revanu Well-Known Member

Side note, parses are why people complain more. Let that sink in. Nonetheless, yup.

For what it’s worth, NOT ALL MONKS/sk/zerk are throwing down. It would appear that the ones who are are doing quite well at it but it’s a very safe bet that they are few and far between from the top end of the spectrum to the middle of the pack. Same with sin/warlock/conj and other bomb droppers. So it’s pretty biased to see stuff like that posted and have little to no context that goes along with it.
    Drona, Rhodris, Soara2 and 1 other person like this.
  2. Fensy New Member

Why?

You get absolutely no glory points for being good at a class anymore
    The population is insane low
    People don't even group together barely at all
    Classes have been extremely unbalanced forever now
    If you want to win you need to break out that credit card and max everything out
    The stat system is so bad they couldn't balance it if they wanted too
    They lost the original base line when the company got bought out
    There isn't enough people working on the game to even get it done
    Soara2 likes this.
  3. Revanu Well-Known Member

(04:11) Avatar of Smoke: 549.18B ? - Fatal Followup-311.45B
    lock | 61.97B
    Monk| 61.25B
    ? | 58.97B
    ? | 54.67B
    ? | 38.40B
    ? | 38.07B
    ? | 33.56B
    ? | 33.50B
    ? | 25.04B
    ? | 20.53B

It’s not the class it’s the player. Same as it always has been.

Felt this thread needed more angst for controversy
    Blazen, Soara2, Breanna and 1 other person like this.
  4. Drona Well-Known Member

Are you saying the OP is being salty? :) Is there Swashbuckler on that list? They seems to doing insane DPS on AOE pulls these days.
  5. Drona Well-Known Member

Yes even the increase in fighter DPS does not see more fighters but the decrease of it will see less fighters! As I said before, most of the fighters I see rather be DPS class to begin with :)

My main point is that the OP is wrong to call out fighter DPS as an issue. Half of the fighters (Guards, Pala and Bruisers) are none issue. Zekers can parse well but they are not a threat to any DPS player worth their salt. That leaves Monk and SK who are up there but even they cannot really out DPS proper DPS class on most of the fights.

No DPS class is in danger of loosing their raid spot to a fighter. As far as I can see, all the T1 DPS class when played right can parse well.
    Bhayar and Soara2 like this.
  6. Revanu Well-Known Member

No I was just adding to the biased argument. Knowledge of encounter/grp make up, when and when not to cast things, ability to prioritize ascensions in combination with professional abilities. Parses SHOULD be a rubric to use as a tool for growth, not this nonsensical gambit that is internet flexing. Any class that is within the dps spectrum, when buffed properly, can perform very well. The best thing tanks have going is due to the shortage, they are all basically in optimum group make ups. So it should be expected for them to perform at their peak. Anything less would be a waste of a spot.
    Breanna and Drona like this.
  7. Redlight Well-Known Member

Same as it always has been? As in, when Dragonfire suddenly got a times 10 scaling from one tier to the other instead of a times 1.3-1.4 scaling? The monk in my guild who used to deal 1/10th of the top dps is now dealing 8/10th of the top dps. It's definitely the player and not the class!
  8. Frogwarp New Member

Ever notice when someone yells CLASS BALANCE, it's all about putting their toon at the top and smushing everyone else waaay below them?

When it's all about You and you're not having fun, oh yea the problem is You and not Us. And You wonder why Tanks don't like PUGs.
    Soara2 and Revanu like this.
  9. Enigma Active Member

I don't really agree...most people want actual balance among dps classes and desirability for utility/healer classes. Tanks imo should have decent dps potential but shouldn't come close to any t1 dps at any gear level. I am sick of having alpha classes each expansion as well, i know there will never be 100% perfect class balance but there shouldn't ever be such a huge gap between classes like warlocks in PoP or assassins this expansion, 5-10% is acceptable but 20-30% is not.

The bulwark mechanic is just a means to force tank requirements in heroics unless you supremely outgear the content. I would 100% remove that mechanic and replace it with heroic bosses that actually have mechanics that would make tank classes fully utilize their defensive abilities along with their threat/snap abilities.
  10. Talduke Active Member

I have to give credit to the devs for balance this xpac. While there area few outliers for the most part this has been the best balance we have seen in a while between t1s and support t1.5s. That being said it can be challenging to know what all is going on behind the scenes. For tanks this xpac, and monks in particular they have a high damage potential when played correctly and buffed heavily. I think this is the case for just about any class out there to be honest. buffs like oblivion link, recap, mystic ca fervor (scouts/tanks), bolster, dirge cb buffs, ca fervor etc. warden damage proc, illy fervor overcap boosts, cb boosts, resets, when combined they stack to be a lot of damage on their own.

The monk in the parses linked has all of that. He helped one of his group members swap to thaum and paid for most of her abilities to be gm+ so he gets buffed like a t1. Throw in short duration and properly timed illy resets and you get what you see in our parses. Add in CA fervor rune and its just one more class that gets a boost from this one sided item. That aside pick any class and give them stacked buffs and they will keep up within 20-30% of t1s or even pass them if their stats are higher. thats another factor that you cant tell from linked parses. In our parses stat wise the monk has the most cb 6k+. the most potency around 110k. he is up there with me on fervor at around 420-480. in raid i sit around 6k cb, 107k pot, 410 fervor with spikes to 480. assassins are around 105k-107k, 5700 cb, 390-400 fervor. most other t1s in our raid are 99-100k pot, 5400cb, 390 fervor. some have stacked buffs, some have partial stacked buffs from group ae. point is there are many facets that go into this.

At this point in my opinion we need an even playing field with spell fervor added to the rune, items should never be a substitute for balance, and unda buffed or ds nerfed. Wizards could get a boost to keep up with sins st if the spell fervor didnt help enough. troub/dirges should have vc looked at to make it a game changer again for bards that know what they are doing. sins are a bit ahead of all others but at this point a nerf would probably not be the slight adjustment that is needed and a full on swing would only ruin the class and make people quit. I for one would love to see AA revamp and bring classes back into their own niche but i dont see that happening any time soon.
    Bhayar, Mermut and Drona like this.
  11. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Standing in a corner and holding out a bowl murmuring.."please, sir, can I have another?"
    Lifebane likes this.
  12. duckster Active Member

Still surprised to not see BLs not mentioned. Easily on par with assassins and not reliant on resets .
    Drona likes this.
  13. Drona Well-Known Member

Yes I agree. The BL I have seen are either very good or very bad! The good ones can match Assassins. However, I see lot less BL compared to other scout such as Assassins, ranger, bards so may be its more complicated class to play?
  14. Bhayar Well-Known Member

I love my BL, but don't get to play him as much as I'd like. That's about to change, however. The BL has a several options for play styles, numerous pets available to tame, and so forth. I think part of the problem is that DBG created the toon, but really haven't reconciled themselves with where he/she fits into the scheme of things. They really have no group buffs to speak of to bring to a group; that said, depending on whether they're in feral or spiritual stance, they can do a lot of things. Although they are considered a 'scout,' they're the only scout class today that can't use poisons--even considering that DBG has virtually eliminated "poisons" from the game. What we have in CD are more "debuffing" pots than anything else, so it's a rather puzzling decision. It reminds me of a channeler, which I also have and which is another class many people try and figure out what exactly it is and how it can be used in groups and raids. I've grouped and raided with at least one person who absolutely has fine tuned that class and it's awesome what he's capable of doing.
    Drona likes this.
  15. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

The only way to feasibly bring about the class balance, principally the archetype balance that the game was originally built around, would be to rip ascensions out and reduce mob hitpoints and player damage output by several orders of magnitude. Then take fervor out back, beat it to death, and bury it in a ditch somewhere and let potency know that it'd better get itself under control or it's next.
    Feara and Rhodris like this.
  16. Feara Well-Known Member

This sounds like fun. I'll take on Fervor, you take Ascensions. Let the beatings begin!
    Rhodris likes this.