Tyranny Of Status Points

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Drona, Apr 9, 2019.

1. Mermut Well-Known Member

Status, in eq2, has nothing to do with 'rank' or 'being #1'. It's simply another type of currency since you earn it and spend it to buy 'things'.
    Soara2, Cyrrena, Beee and 3 others like this.
  2. Feara Well-Known Member

I'm amazed, truly I am. I couldn't do that in 5 weeks let alone 5 days. I think the great chasm here is players who have real life jobs and family and how many hours we can devote. I don't expect a royal treatment 5 minutes into the game but I do expect some satisfaction for the hours I do spend.

When it comes down to it, I really don't care what your doing in your corner of Norrath but I definitely care about mine.
  3. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I loved the HQs and the Hallmarks and any World Events, not just preludes, like building the Griffin Towers, building the Spires, and all of that.

Just like what they are attempting with the Anchorage, just a lot more of it.
    Prox, Breanna, Soara2 and 1 other person like this.
  4. Bentenn Well-Known Member

that’s good that you don’t care but you make it not sound possible. I work a full time job with 3 kids, working my masters degree, and take those kids out for their after school activities and what not. Is it easy, nope, is it a job to do nope...go run old raids that you can blow up for status, go get l and l pieces from killing mobs and turn them in...turn in that familiar for status instead of adding it to your inventory. There are so many ways to earn status it’s crazy. Triple status weekend this weekend as well. So I do have a real life with a large and busy family...you want the status take a day or two to do old stuff that is boring but will get you that status...don’t focus on running the same zones every night and complain about lack of ability to get status...don’t really care what you do in your corner of norrath either, just hate seeing people say it can’t be done when it already is by lots of people. :).
    Cyrrena likes this.
  5. Feara Well-Known Member

You must be a superhero and you are a shining example of an excellent player. Congrats on the Family and the Masters btw.

This is like rain in a desert, it doesn't happen very often. I am glad they blessed us with this gift this weekend.

I still hold to what I said thou. I pay to play, I do not pay to work a full time job. I already have one of those.

I've done my part, I've paid to play, I've leveled my toons, they throw up gates, I've trimmed the fat.
    A game should not have one extreme to the other, it should not be super time consuming or super easy, there needs to be a nice middle ground.
  6. semisus Does not play this game

I must say i do find the status prices extreme

looked at the accolade at status merchant and 17mil status each...:confused:
    2mil for a 20% chance infuser , etc
  7. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

Grinding status, it's the new "content" model.
    Soara2, Zeddicious and Rhodris like this.
  8. Drona Well-Known Member

Why do we have all these unlocks for alts? If we are to play them like a main, why not remove these unlocks from the game?

Also note that no one is complaining about paying status, plat, currency etc but the complaint is about how high they are set in game right now.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Feara like this.
  9. Redlight Well-Known Member

You can even buy status with money lol. Merc crates + status pot. Or you can actually play the game for your status, this expansion I made like 300-400 mil status and spent like 200-300 mil.
  10. Drona Well-Known Member

You can buy loads of thing with money so lets leave that aside :)

I don't understand how you made 300 - 400 million status just this expansion alone by playing the game! Care yo give some tips? I do few solos and loads of heroics and raids and I am struggling for status. I think I made about 40 - 60 million so far by playing the the game this expansion!
  11. Redlight Well-Known Member

Old raid zones, old weeklies/dailies, new raid zones and new weeklies/dailies :)
  12. Drona Well-Known Member

I don't do old zones etc but raid mobs only started to give status recently as 1 month ago. I do dailies and weeklies without fail so not sure where my 300 million status are!

But this isn't the point of this thread anyway, we are talking about alts and the main request here is that, we don't want to play them like mains...
  13. Elinea Well-Known Member

This... a hundred times this.

I'm an altoholic and I'm gradually being cured because I can't gear up alts due to lack of status points. I raid with my main, and my alts are ***** because they don't have the status to buy stuff I've already unlocked for them.

I do spend DBG cash on my main, but I can't afford to spend it on all my alts as well, so....that's that.
  14. Feara Well-Known Member

I know and feel your pain.

~~~

This is what I meant by trimming the fat. I feel like I'm being punished for having my alts but yet encouraged to buy heroics.

Sometimes it feels like a woman is steering this wheel (DB), please for goodness sake make up your mind.
    Soara2 and Rhodris like this.
  15. Feara Well-Known Member

So this is the cure to super high prices?

Or this?

~~~

So DB I can either work my fingers to the bone or pay you.
    Soara2 likes this.
  16. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

So, we know that buying -- is it mercs or familiars or both? -- on the Marketplace then selling whichever it is from status works. Ergo, very high status pricing is a clear incentive for us to buy from the Marketplace.
  17. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I will not buy from the marketplace, I would rather do Redlight's method.
    Soara2 and Breanna like this.