Summer Ethereal Event

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Drona, Apr 17, 2019.

1. Drona Well-Known Member

Kander on discord suggested that the new summer ethereal event may start in June. I have one request in that can we remove the daily cap on coins and make it an instead a weekly cap please? So instead of daily cap of 8, make it weekly cap of 56 please?

During the past events, if you are not logging into the game for a day or two during the event, you are heavily penalised. This way people have choice of how to get the coins but the over all coins they get will still be the same.

The idea behind the summer event is to make people log in but forcing them to log in every day for 2 or 3 months is bit extreme, me thinks :p
    Soara2, Mermut, Cyrrena and 1 other person like this.
  2. Feara Well-Known Member

I can't wait to see the goodies :)
  3. Tajar Well-Known Member

I suggested this last year to the Devs, who thought it was a good idea and would look into it. Upon further reflection with friends however, we were thinking it might not be so easy to do it, because the coins are usually tied to the quest for the zone. I can't remember exactly what we worked out now, but it would certainly be cool if the Devs found a way to do it :)
    Soara2 likes this.
  4. semisus Does not play this game

They could tie it to a weekly heroics then if its zone quests.
  5. Drona Well-Known Member

Yes I understand that. If you log just 1 day a week then you won't have enough zone quest to get all the coins for weekly cap but it will still be able to get more than 8 and I will take that over nothing :)
  6. EmJay Well-Known Member

I think we should just forget the horrific grind of summer ethereals altogether. :)
    Rhodris and Daelini like this.