To Speak as a Dragon quest

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Dimdau, Apr 14, 2019.

1. Dimdau Active Member

BeastLord LVL 110 - Maj'Dul server

I have not done that quest before and as I'm trying do Kunark Ascending I have to talk draconic.

I got the quest above and on step I'm on it, I have to talk to Nagafen. I explored all Solusek's eye dungeon and entered in Oratorium of Thyr. I'm in front to Flame Lord Thyr (no enemy) and there is a door behind him.

Here is the point where I'm sutcked. The door does not open, I cant hail or fight to Flame Lord Thyr, nothing.
    I did the quest Words of a giant, so I talk Krobral, if I could at least talk to Flame Lord Thyr, thats it...

May I have any trick, pls?

Ty in advance
    Soara2 and Saw-Lau like this.
  2. Dude Well-Known Member

Did you do the first four steps under "Starting the Quest"?

https://eq2.fandom.com/wiki/To_Speak_as_a_Dragon
    Soara2, Saw-Lau and Cyrrena like this.
  3. Breanna Well-Known Member

Been like forever since I did that quest but if I remember I think you had to actually /hail to get him to move the quest along. Try targeting him and then typing /hail. I could be wrong like I said it's been a very long time.
    Feara, Pixistik, Soara2 and 4 others like this.
  4. Daryx Well-Known Member

If you do have the quest To Speak as a Dragon, make sure that after you clear the mobs, you use the HAIL option to talk to Flamelord Thyr. (Use your "h" key to hail him.) Also, you may have to change your camera angle UP. Many taller mobs have their dialogues above their heads and you have to angle up to see it. This is a common problem with dragons and giants.
    Feara, Soara2, Saw-Lau and 3 others like this.
  5. Dimdau Active Member

Ty figured it out. Not sure what was that, but that trick of "h" key worked and that got him talking. I always clicked on mob with right button and could hail them, It was the first time it didnt work, thank you all for the help :D
    Feara, Pixistik, Soara2 and 3 others like this.
  6. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

You can also right click on them and select hail if you forget to /hail or target h them.
    Pixistik, Soara2 and Dude like this.
  7. Crock Member

One of the oldest quests and zones from the earliest days of the game, hence the rough way of progressing. Also keep in mind that after you finish this quest zone, and be able to enter the Deserted (think it was called, been some time now) - empty - version of that zone, if you group with somebody else who's not done the quest before, you'll end up in different respective versions of the zone. Meaning, you in the empty zone, new toon in the zone with the enemies and the boss. No way to circumvent that, the new player has to do the necessary steps for killing the named boss on his own to progress.
    Cyrrena likes this.