Look and Feel

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by ttobey, May 6, 2015.

1. Pijotre Well-Known Member

Shrreyna, ttobey and Breanna like this.
  2. Katz Well-Known Member

Yep, I have one named Fwoglok on Halls of Fate. I blame you. :p
    Shrreyna and Breanna like this.
  3. Hartay Keeper of the Server Hamsters

wow so many red names. also how dare you, Sooglossus is a beautiful name.
    ttobey, Breanna and Rhodris like this.
  4. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

Shrreyna and Prox like this.
  5. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

Here's the process for creating a mount if anyone is interested.
    -Animate creature with saddle bone.
    -create creature .vdl and add it into engine. This is a textfile that is the character.
    -Attach darkelf female to saddle joint.- Animate anim set on darkelf female. It's the most neutral female skeleton and hopefully will transfer over to most female characters.
    - Animate human male- same as above for males
    -Test these two in engine, set position on saddles in game.
    - Load in another character using the above anim sets. OK Horribly broken.
    - Load anim set onto ratonga to get tails animating. Horribly broken, their legs are totally different.
    -Reanimate anim set from scratch on ratonga, transfer to female
    - Load human anim set onto Kerramale, copy tail from ratonga.
    - load that onto kerrafemale- pretty broken.
    -Reanimate Kerra female.
    -Check Iksar using kerra anims- usually ok
    -Check Sarnak - so broken I want to hit delete Sarnak race
    -Reanimate Sarnak
    -Reanimate Froglok Male- it never works to transfer anims.
    -Copy to Frog Female
    -Add all new anim states into cloak.vdl
    -check cloak, there's only one possible set to use for a specific mount, so this will inevitably clip all over the place
    -Set all saddle positions
    - Switch all to soga models. Soga models make my eyes bleed, quickly switch back before permanent damage is done.
    -Check everything in a day before it needs to go out so nobody has time to complain about clipping and I'm done.
    Shrreyna, Oranorn, Pijotre and 10 others like this.
  6. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I loved Groundhog Day!!!

*sings*

They say our love wont pay the rent, before its earned, our moneys all been spent.
    I guess that's so, we don't have a plot, but at least I'm sur of all the things we got.

Babe
    I got you, babe
    I got you, babe
    Shrreyna, Rosyposy and Breanna like this.
  7. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I have one, she is a Shadowknight.

and

179 since per Gninja, Ttobey was denied the authority to change the dates to suit his wishes!!
  8. Prox Well-Known Member

- Switch all to soga models. Soga models make my eyes bleed, quickly switch back before permanent damage is done.

So agree about the Soga :eek: !!!
    Rosyposy, Pijotre, Breanna and 2 others like this.
  9. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Get some good hairstyles then. I hate that Gnomies cannot have red hair. My Gnomies always have the 2 pigtails. My Wood Elves always always have the two somewhat Princess Leia buns that have come undone so are now almost pigtails and they are Red Heads, my Freebloods always have Red Hair and it is straight and as long as I can get it (nothing fancy, they can rip peoples throats out and look sultry doing so) they should be able to have hair even longer, my halflings always have Red hair in the pony tails, my other elves always have the long braids in Red. I have two Aeryken, they have neon green/yellow hair, my Fae and Arasai also have Red Hair, straight and as long as possible, their wings are done in black and green/orange. I have a Dwarf, long Red Braid, Teir, she has Prox's forum pics hairstyle in purple.

Why can every race not choose any color of hair? If I go to the Barbershop in the City and pay them, why are they telling me what color I can have my hair, I am paying them? Why can every race choose bald, but every race cannot choose long, straight hair, maybe a slider bar like on the cheeks and nose for how long you want your hair? Could do the same for beards so those with a beard whether it is a male or a female dwarf do not get jealous. I am just not a fancy hairdo person, I just like simple. Next you know, if anybody ever adds new hairstyles, you will have a really tall beehive hairdo for teeny tiny gnome.

Mainly hair is why I may choose to use one model over the other and I will use SOGA on some races and non-SOGA on others. We need a new hairstylist.
  10. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Quit worrying about what people on the ground see when they look up. If they are standing on the ground looking up the clothing of someone on a flying mount, they deserve to have their eyes bleed, the pervs. And yes you told me you have to consider what people standing on the ground will see when looking up.
    Rosyposy, Breanna and Rhodris like this.
  11. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

What does this have to do with anything?
    Cyrrena, Pijotre, Breanna and 2 others like this.
  12. Prox Well-Known Member

Hands Ttobey a pillow to scream into .....lol
    Cyrrena and Pijotre like this.
  13. Breanna Well-Known Member

You can always put a disclaimer on them and say something like not for Sarnak or Soga model use. And just skip those steps :) That way we can get the broom mount sooner, like maybe for your birthday.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  14. Prox Well-Known Member

All that there makes my eyes want to bleed . I remember writing code to make little stick men dance on the screen.
    Cyrrena, Rhodris, Rosyposy and 2 others like this.
  15. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

That's not what I want for my birthday. That would be a terrible birthday present. I would send it back.
    Mystfit, Cyrrena, Rhodris and 3 others like this.
  16. Breanna Well-Known Member

Re-gifting is not allowed :p
    Cyrrena likes this.
  17. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

Well, I'm done on my end with whatever this is. Off to Gnobrin to finish it off.
    Cyrrena, Rhodris, Hartay and 4 others like this.
  18. Hartay Keeper of the Server Hamsters

[IMG]
    found this old gem. whole new meaning to duck mount.
    Rhodris, Errrorr, Prox and 4 others like this.
  19. Hartay Keeper of the Server Hamsters

20. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

Prox, Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  21. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

You said you had to worry about what those on the ground would see when looking up, would the cloaks be fluttering correctly, or robes, etc, I say let the pervs see wire frames!!!
    Rhodris, Prox and Breanna like this.